• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • NYFelon

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 1, 2011
    DPRNY
    This is why there needs to be punishment for lying in court. Oh wait there is, but I guess that does not apply in these cases.

Look at the Duke alleged rape case. All chargeds were dropped against those boys, and their accuser was never prosecuted for filing a false complaint, perjury, nothing. Well, until she was later charged with attempted murder. But that's a different story altogether.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 5, 2011
    I couldn't conceivably agree more. The simple fact of the matter is that an allegation, even without any physical evidence whatsoever, is enough to get a man charged. Now, couple that with spurned or vengeful, maladjusted females, or in some cases even a profit motive, and you have a recipe for disaster.

That right there is what frustrates me the most. Someone spins a sob story* and BOOM one man's life is ruined for the foreseeable future. Witnesses, evidence, testimony, all that crap goes out the window because of one person's accusation. Sure, the lack of evidence keeps him from being put away for 20 years, but that's about it.

*This is not to belittle those who have actually been molested or raped in the slightest. Their complaints are not sob stories, but cries for deserved justice.

NYFelon

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 1, 2011
    DPRNY
    That right there is what frustrates me the most. Someone spins a sob story* and BOOM one man's life is ruined for the foreseeable future. Witnesses, evidence, testimony, all that crap goes out the window because of one person's accusation. Sure, the lack of evidence keeps him from being put away for 20 years, but that's about it.

*This is not to belittle those who have actually been molested or raped in the slightest. Their complaints are not sob stories, but cries for deserved justice.

Agree 100%. As someone else mentioned, cases like that, where the accusation is made, but no there is no conviction are hurtful to more than just the person accused. They also make the credibility of those who genuinely suffered subject to undue scrutiny because of the wolf crying that takes place.

Expat

Pdub
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Feb 27, 2010
    Michiana
    Some of you youngsters should google up the McMartin Preschool case. You would think that some things would have been learned from it.

dross

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 27, 2009
    Monument, CO
    Some of you youngsters should google up the McMartin Preschool case. You would think that some things would have been learned from it.

We learned that some prosecutors will do anything to win a big TV case.

We learned that witch trials are still alive and well.

We learned that children NEVER, EVER, tell lies, though my four year old daughter makes up things and gets things wrong every day that she absolutely insists are true. And she's a great kid.

pertinent details please? My google-fu is in the shop.

How about your pointee clikee foo?

McMartin preschool trial - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

edsinger

Master
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Apr 14, 2009
    NE Indiana

Something remained fishy about that one. I was not presented with the evidence but something was just not right about them all being Innocent. I have been wrong before though, its been so long.

EDIT: Just read the link - I guess it was all false, but something remains fishy about the whole thing........

Last edited:

dross

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 27, 2009
    Monument, CO
    Something remained fishy about that one. I was not presented with the evidence but something was just not right about them all being Innocent. I have been wrong before though, its been so long.

EDIT: Just read the link - I guess it was all false, but something remains fishy about the whole thing........

I know what you mean. I mean, when several of the kids claimed that the defendant could fly, and that they were transported to their abuse through underground tunnels and that Chuck Norris was one of the molesters, I mean, some of it had to be true, right? Since there were no tunnels, and people can't fly, and Chuck Norris was nowhere near there, then it's the sexual abuse that must have happened, right?

Something fishy indeed.

edsinger

Master
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Apr 14, 2009
    NE Indiana
    Not really, just the fact that when that was going on there was more....Either way they were found not guilty, I just wonder if something rather minor did happen.

We will never know.

Expat

Pdub
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Feb 27, 2010
    Michiana
    Not really, just the fact that when that was going on there was more....Either way they were found not guilty, I just wonder if something rather minor did happen.

We will never know.

I think you still have that little bit of faith in our system that something like this could not have just been concocted out of whole cloth. These were the modern equivalent of the Salem Witch trials. We had several of these pop up around the country. We were suddenly a country of satanists who molested or even ate babies.

Top Bottom