• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • GhostofWinter

Master
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Jan 12, 2009
    Lake Station-NW Indiana
    Let me get on my soap box one more time....we , gun owners, are the defenders of the second amendment. No one but us will protect that right. No one but us cares enough to defend that right. Our forefathers gave us that right to defend against tyranny and preserve liberty against evil. I find it sad we choose to handle the mis guidance of a little boy on the Internet rather than confronting it in it's time and place. How can anyone expect us to defend freedom if we won't even confront and correct a little boy? Is it any wonder why our gun rights are eroding?

The problem is, when an attempt to correct said little boy, he went and said 'something' to his grandfather, who proceeded to come up and chastise the very people attempting to correct him. I dunno aboit you, but in my book that sad. Rather than attemp to find out what happened or what was said, the parental unit sided with said 'little boy' and blamed everything on others.

armybrat1

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 18, 2013
    Demotte
    I believe that is what we are trying to determine, how to properly approach this, so if anyone would like to have that conversation with the parent/guardian, it would be appropriate, but I agree with Ghost....we have already gotten a glimpse of what the response would be.

darkkevin

Master
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Dec 25, 2010
    crown point
    2013INGONWIAug_01.jpg

what caliber was this (didn't make it sunday, til almost 3 and most were gone)

just curious

armybrat1

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 18, 2013
    Demotte
    Going to end my comments on this by saying, we all have the right to refuse the use of our weapons. Moving forward, I will choose to not allow the use or offer instruction to any child that is not accompanied by a parent or guardian. This way it offends no one, it simply becomes a good rule of thumb, at least for me anyway.

jedi

Da PinkFather
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30
    Meditate_SWGTCG.jpg

You don't have to post it in here if you do not like but can someone who was there please send me the pic/callsign of the dad/grandfather/kid in question. I have a small leave of absence and all hell breaks lose. :( As unofficial leader of NWI INGO I would like to hear from the other side as
    1) not everyone who attended has posted there AARs or pics
    2) the member (whom I think ya are referring to) also has not posted

As someone has already alluded to we can't ban anyone from the event because we are on a public range. Anyone is free to come and use the range at any time provided it is open. Now we do have other avenues to correct this perceived issue but for the time being I'm not going to think about them since I would like to hear from the other side first, be it on here of via PMs which ever is best.

So everyone take a time out for at least 48 hours while
    1) I get PMs from several of you IDing the member
    2) I get a reply or said member post here

Until then post about the rest of the day.
    - How was the food?
    - Who won the shooting comp?
    - I see the boo-boo award trophy came back so was it not issued and if so who does it belong to?
    - How were the bugs?
    - The range?
    - How is the supply of plywood in the shed?

Remember the Meet & Shoot is first and foremost a social event that revolves around firearms. However at it's core it is a social event to introduce new shooters, allow others to try before they buy, and off course eat yummy food.

Writing as Da PINKFather

Wild Deuce

Master
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Dec 2, 2009
    Meditate_SWGTCG.jpg

You don't have to post it in here if you do not like but can someone who was there please send me the pic/callsign of the dad/grandfather/kid in question. I have a small leave of absence and all hell breaks lose. :( As unofficial leader of NWI INGO I would like to hear from the other side as

As someone has already alluded to we can't ban anyone from the event because we are on a public range. Anyone is free to come and use the range at any time provided it is open. Now we do have other avenues to correct this perceived issue but for the time being I'm not going to think about them since I would like to hear from the other side first, be it on here of via PMs which ever is best.

- How was the food?
    - I see the boo-boo award trophy came back so was it not issued and if so who does it belong to?
    - How were the bugs?
    - The range?

Remember the Meet & Shoot is first and foremost a social event that revolves around firearms. However at it's core it is a social event to introduce new shooters, allow others to try before they buy, and off course eat yummy food.

Writing as Da PINKFather

Good idea. :yesway:

GhostofWinter

Master
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Jan 12, 2009
    Lake Station-NW Indiana
    - How was the food?
    - How were the bugs?
    - The range?

Writing as Da PINKFather
    lets see. The food was MORE than enough, other than the bacon.
    YOU didn't pack any utensils, so we had to make do with makeshift utensils for cooking. LOL
    if I'm not mistaken UziButton won the competition. Not sure who the boo boo prize goes to.
    skeeters weren't bad at all really, there WERE however several people finding ticks either on themselves, or in their range gear.
    the range itself looked pretty much the same as always. I did notice that the brooms were looking kinda shabby.
    as for the supply of plywood, you would have to ask KLB about that one.

GhostofWinter

Master
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Jan 12, 2009
    Lake Station-NW Indiana
    Uzi how do you do this?
    2013INGONWIAug_02.jpg

Is this some type of photoshop effect to get the outside 'out of focus'? :dunno:

Actually no it's not. Without going into a long technical explanation about cameras and lends and such, the short answer is that they focused on the brass which put everything else at different distances out of focus. Similarly to when you look at an object close to you, but the background behind it is out of focus.

KLB

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 12, 2011
    Porter County
    Silly Jedi. You are no longer allowed to miss a M&S. :):

My day was cut short due to a migraine. :(

I arrived about 8 CDT and had a good time until the headache came on full strength. I counted just under 40 people in attendance. Something like 36-38. It was hard to tell, since some people were on the other lines.

Thanks to TurnandShoot for running the pistol competition. It was fun, and very challenging. UziButton was the winner, managing to hit the plate once with the fastest time. He chose two stickers as his prize.

People brought WAY too many chips and buns this month. I have 48 hot dog and 16 hamburger buns in the freezer now. We also have 6 full size bags of chips plus approximately 80 of the single serving size bags. We won't be needing chips for a while.

On the plywood front, we donated three sheets today at a cost of $50.

We had donations of $20 each from mrobnoxious1, Lonehoosier and ironSY395 for a total of $60.

I will post the few pictures I took at a later time after I have a chance to upload and edit them.
    Repost for those that missed it because of the side track.

sadclownwp

Grandmaster
    Rating - 97.8%
    45   1   0
    Jan 6, 2010
    NWI
    Meditate_SWGTCG.jpg

- How was the food?
    - How were the bugs?
    - The range?

Writing as Da PINKFather

Yeah, I know we can't really ban anyone, but we can shun them like the Amish do.

TheUziButton

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    41   0   0
    Mar 28, 2011
    Uzi how do you do this?
    2013INGONWIAug_02.jpg

Is this some type of photoshop effect to get the outside 'out of focus'? :dunno:

This is referred to as shallow depth of field. Depth of field is the range in which objects are perceived to be in focus. Several things have an effect on depth of field. Two of which are focal length and aperture size (F stop). The longer the focal length, the more shallow the DOF and the larger the aperture (smaller F stop number) the more shallow the DOF. In this particular photo, the aperture was F1.6 and the focal length was 50mm, thus, the aperture was rather large with an intermediate focal length. Given these conditions, the result was a very shallow relative depth of field, so the background and some of the foreground turned to blurry art (bokeh). This is advantageous when the objective is to draw the viewer’s eye to a specific subject in the photo and blur out any distracting elements in the background. Another advantage of the larger aperture is that it enables a higher shutter speed which can enable one to capture brass being ejected from the ejection port when a subject is in the process of firing.

Last edited:
    Top Bottom