• ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

Wild Deuce

Master
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Dec 2, 2009
    Just FYI for consideration when posting comments: This event is being talked about publicly in some blogs ... complete with links that could conceivably bring "the public" to this forum thread.

Wild Deuce

Master
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Dec 2, 2009
    It's not so much that any particular post is/was bad as much as it reminded me that sometimes threads can go downhill (this one hasn't done that by any stretch of the imagination). :)

I'm just pleased to see that this event is getting a little bit of "outside" attention. :yesway:

jedi

Da PinkFather
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30
    If you feel more comfortable PMing me your comments that is fine as well.

To day I have not heard from DNR regarding doing it again next year. Nor have I brought that you for your (NWI INGO) consideration. Granted it's still early for DNR to even be thinking about it since they are still recuperating from this one.

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    I'm thinking it would be nice to have another cricket, or a 10/22 with a shorter rear stock. A few of the smaller muchkins had a little problem.

Mine has an adjustable stock (10/22), maybe I should have switched the stock onto someone's 10/22 that had sights.

baddyna96

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 12, 2013
    Demotte, IN.
    I'm thinking it would be nice to have another cricket, or a 10/22 with a shorter rear stock. A few of the smaller muchkins had a little problem.

Mine has an adjustable stock (10/22), maybe I should have switched the stock onto someone's 10/22 that had sights.

I have a Ruger ITAC 10/22 and a S&W 15-22, both with collapsible stocks and scoped. I could bring them next time if would help.

Winamac

Expert
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 11, 2011
    Logansport
    Good Job

Great job to all you folks that gave of your time,talent, ammo, firearms and food. I wish I could have attended...but NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!! I was made to attend a high school graduation open house instead.:( Maybe next time? INGO rules:rockwoot:

Bill B

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Sep 2, 2009
    RA 0 DEC 0
    Great job to all you folks that gave of your time,talent, ammo, firearms and food. I wish I could have attended...but NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!! I was made to attend a high school graduation open house instead.:( Maybe next time? INGO rules:rockwoot:
    First time in a high school?:laugh::laugh::laugh:

jedi

Da PinkFather
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30
    NWI INGO donation to Appleseed

FYI I turned over the surplus .22 ammo from the Youth Day event to Appleseed today for use in Indiana.

Here is the report from Wild Deuce who received the ammo on behalf of Appleseed.

NWI INGO just completed their Youth Day at DNR Winamac this past
    weekend. They were able to pass out some promotional materials for Applessed. In addition, they received numerous material donations from local organizations and individuals. They (NWI INGO) have decided to pass on some of the unused ammunition to the Appleseed Project.

This morning, I took possession of the following:

• 200 rounds - CCI Mini-Mag .22LR 40 grain (1235 FPS)
    • 100 rounds - CCI CB .22Long 29 grain (710 FPS)
    • 200 rounds - Winchester Super-X .22LR 40 grain*
    • 076 rounds - Remington Thunderbolt .22LR 40 grain (1255 FPS)
    • 450 rounds - Winchester Wildcat .22LR 40 grain
    • 1050 rounds - Blazer .22LR 40 grain (1235 FPS)
    • 525+ rounds - Mixed box of .22LR ... mostly Federal 36 grain (1260 FPS)
    *The Winchester Super-X looks like it was not stored in favorable/ideal conditions. The brass is tarnished and most of it shows signs of case corrosion. I could not offer this in good conscience for anyone to use (I'll bet there are more than a handful of hangfires and squibs in those boxes). I only mention it for aacountability reasons (I am CC'ing Jedi on this PM).

I don't think there is enough ammunition to make an "announcement" for free ammo at a 25 meter event. However, there is certainly enough ammo to stock an instructor's personal equipment stash. This ammunition could be used to supplement individual Appleseeders that are running short at any particular event or the ammunition could be used to supply a couple Appleseeders for an entire shoot if there was sufficient proof of hardship (I'm thinking of an under 18 participant).

I would keep it myself and use it on a case-by-case basis at future NWI Appleseeds but I think it would be best to hand it over to a more active instructor (Auntiebellum comes to mind).

Please advise. I can deliver to AB.

PS: There is also a single set of "Junior" shooting glasses and one box (opened) of disposable ear plugs (100 pairs ... still pretty full).

Wild Deuce

Master
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Dec 2, 2009
    Thanks guys! This event (Youth Day) just keeps on giving. The ammunition and earplugs were delivered to the Appleseed™ State Coordinator yesterday and will likely be used at the Nappanee Appleseed™ this weekend.

I know that recent ammunition shortages have forced some Appleseed™ Instructors to modify their Course of Fire (COF) for some shoots (reduced round count). Your donation will provide some wiggle room for instructors as well as assist some new shooters complete their Appleseed™ weekend. Thanks!! :yesway:

:ingo:

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom