• Status
    Not open for further replies.

UnionPmedic

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 14, 2009
    NW Indiana
    Where were you when I needed you? It was horrible, there was blood everywhere. The launcher started to come apart and it bit me.

I believe I was standing next to you...I was the final shooter of the day. I didn't see any blood though. Had I, I would have rushed to your aid and applied a care bear band aid.

jedi

Da PinkFather
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30
    if u have pics please pm me so i can give you the login info for the nwi ingo photbucket account so you can dump thwm into the winamc youth day folder that is the folder the general public got in their take home info.

Bill B

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Sep 2, 2009
    RA 0 DEC 0
    I believe I was standing next to you...I was the final shooter of the day. I didn't see any blood though. Had I, I would have rushed to your aid and applied a care bear band aid.

I was going to start screaming "medic, man down" but though better of it in the nick of time.

jedi

Da PinkFather
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30
    Jedi's AAR & Event Comments

--FINANCIAL UPDATE--
    Pre-Event Pot: $20 (INGO member gave AFTER the MAY Meet & Shoot)
    Expenses: $0
    Donations: $11 (general public) + $20 (INGO member for food)
    Post-Event Pot: $32 + $20 (food)

--FOOD UPDATE--
    This is what our inventory looks like JULY

7 bags of chips (not opened)
    1 jar of salsa (not opened)
    2 ketchups (not opened)
    1 mustards (not opened)
    1 relish (not opened)
    2 boxes of hot coco coco mix, 20 servings (not opened)
    3 packs of bacon
    2 packs of cookies
    1 gallon orange drink
    several cases of bottle water in 3 coolers (Jedi, Bill B, and :dunno:)
    several 8oz kool-aid drinks in cooler (jedi)

Opened
    3/4 relish bottle
    1/4 mustard bottle
    1/2 mustard bottle
    1/4 ketchup bottle
    1/2 BBQ sauce bottle

SHORT & DESTROYED
    We are down to 100 plates and we lost all the aluminum meat trays this month. They have been with us for about 10 months now so they were on their last leg and the amount of food we cooked this month plus having them on the grill to keep warm finally did them in. :(

So for next month we only need

• paper plates
    • aluminum trays

---THE EVENT PEOPLE COUNT---
    Based on the NWI INGO waivers I got back we had:

Kids: 37
    Adults: 32
    DNR: 9
    NWI INGO: 28
    4-H: 15
    TOTAL: 121

---THE EVENT AMMO COUNT & EQUIPMENT---
    .22lr We ended up with 2600 rounds of .22lr left. Based on the donors that gave ammo it was stated this ammo should be used for another youth event or appleseed. There are several appleseeds coming to NWI this summer so I'll get this ammo over to WD for their use later this month.

Who was the kid with the mom and dad that stayed behind until AFTER the event that Larry kept shooting with. That mom expressed interest in going to appleseed with her son and they were at MAY's event (which is how they found out about the youth event). Figured we give them some of that .22lr so they can go to appleseed with some ammo as well. Just need a POC for them.

In terms of the 7.62x39 and .223, Joe will have to post what the final total was for that ammo. The ammo donors of these calibers did not say what we should do with it. So once we get the total we will just hold on to it until next year when this event comes again.

We have a lot of ear plugs left as well as a stack of Blythe's targets and the youth glasses. The glasses we will use next year again. The Blythe's targets say I'm going to use for the kid's competition next month and again for next year as well.

--THE EVENT GENERAL OBSERVATIONS--

1. We will need greeters/crowd movers next year. Way too many people were coming into the 25 yard and just waiting around while the other stations we empty. Looks like the public thought they had to do 25, 50, 200 and then 100 in that order.
    2. Slow start on 25 yard. Not sure if this was due to paper targets vs steel on the 50 yard. :dunno: Seems like the lines/kids were shooting much more on the 50 then the 25 yard.
    3. 2 ROs for 50 yard next time. It's too long for just 1.
    4. Instructors we have to stay with the guns ALL the time. *
    5. Greeters at stations can have coolers with water bottle ready to go instead of just a cooler and table at the stations
    6. Waiver forms should be sent to registrants to have filled out and bring with them as it takes them way too long to fill out STATE form and NWI INGO form

--DNR WINAMAC TALK--
    Tom (main DNR guy) did come back about 2 hours after the event ended to thank the few remaining NWI INGO members still around. They (DNR) took off right after the event because we wanted to clean and oil the guns since it rained and the guns got wet. The shotguns were brand new and the .22s are only 2 years old.

--MY DAY--
    Thank you to MrO and Bill B for allowing me some time to try out the skeet/trap section. That was fun to see a target blow up in mid-air vs just shooting at paper. Makes me think I should try the local Griffith trap that occurs during the week.

Finally got the M1 .30 Carbine sighted in properly. Thanks to ChrisK for his files as I had to slowly shave off some of the J&B Weld I added to the front sight. However with that said the limitations of the rifle have finally been confirmed. The AppleSeed 300 and 400 yard simulated targets this rifle can NOT hit without you doing 'guestimation' with the sights. The rifle is just not designed for those distances. :( So I think this rifle has taken me as far as I can go with it in terms of Appleseed targets. I think it's time to move up to .223 or .308.

I did only one appleseed target with it
    Test 1 - 50 (Unqualified)

I shot another 124 rounds in 3 rounds groupings and they all group fine. On the 100 simulated appleseed target they do indeed land dead center.
    When you try the 300 and 400 size targets the groupings are way too high.

I did 2 appleseed targets with my 10/22 at the very end quickly and the results are what is expected of my current skills.

Test 2 - 176 (Sharpshooter) Lv2
    Test 3 - 196 (Sharpshooter) Lv2
    So it's not me per say but the limitations of the M1 .30 carbine rifle. :(

---FINAL COMMENTS---
    A very special thank you to our corporate sponsors for their ammo and equipment donations. Blythes and Westford your donations are very much appreciated.

Thank you to all that donated your time, ammo, and food for this event as well. Without your help this event would not be possible.

"Shout Out" to the cooks who managed 5 grills and cooked 120 burgers and 120 hot dogs in record time. I did not have to worry about them or the food just spreading the word that food was ready. You managed those grease fired A-OK!

We had a few "Jr NWI INGO members" who are very responsible and were running back and forth doing anything asked of them (water, targets, staple guns, etc..) on the lines. They really stepped up to be runners for the event.

I'm sure I'll think of more tomorrow but for now that is all.

UnionPmedic

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 14, 2009
    NW Indiana
    I was going to start screaming "medic, man down" but though better of it in the nick of time.

I ignore screams; if you can scream, it means you have your faculties about you.

You should see what he expects for payment.

Definately better to not scream.

The patient not making noise or screaming gets my attention and concern first.

Payment? Your ever lasting love and affection. ;)

jedi

Da PinkFather
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30
    Also someone left a container with the homemade cookies. I finished the cookies on the way home just have the container now. Rule is if ya don't claim it next month I will PINK it. :rofl:

jedi

Da PinkFather
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30
    also i dont recall who's gun it was but it was a .308 POE??? POT???? patriot something that was real nice!!same as the scar-heavy and now for sure in thr running. bye bye springfield m1a???? the 'no' gin from tv2727. anyone know the gun i'm talking about would like to get more info on it.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom