jedi

Da PinkFather
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30
    oppss sry alex. :(
    no black betty jedi no like, too heavy and too loud.
    the po??? (sad has blythes has one) was very light but it had no recoil.
    granted i'm still all brused up right now.

baddyna96

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 12, 2013
    Demotte, IN.
    oppss sry alex. :(
    no black betty jedi no like, too heavy and too loud.
    the po??? (sad has blythes has one) was very light but it had no recoil.
    granted i'm still all brused up right now.
    Jedi,

The gun is a Patriot Ordnance P308. (POF) This particular one has a 14.5" barrel with a pinned muzzle brake to make it legal length . It is a piston operated system, keeping the bolt area cleaner for better reliability. It is equipped with Diamondhead sights for now , until my eotech get back from the factory. PM me with any questions you may have.

Oh, by the way, that cookie container belongs to us. Hope you enjoyed the road cookies!:):

subtlesixer03

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    39   0   0
    Apr 22, 2010
    Im thinking I may sell my ar when its done and pick up a lmt defender. There 308s and 556s are sweet rifles. The pofs are awsome as well. Larry does in fact have a 308 blackrain with the reaper pattern that was there yesterday. They to make some sick rifles.

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    Im thinking I may sell my ar when its done and pick up a lmt defender. There 308s and 556s are sweet rifles. The pofs are awsome as well. Larry does in fact have a 308 blackrain with the reaper pattern that was there yesterday. They to make some sick rifles.

Yes, but alas, Jedi thought Black Betty had too much kick and noise.

JayBone

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 8, 2013
    Lake County
    We all had a blast on Saturday. Our son had so much fun. He is bugging us for his own gun and bow. He kept talking about everyone that helped him that day. He can't wait for the youth hunting event DNR puts on in November.

Had a lot of fun after too. A lot of thanks and appreciation to Chris K. for all of his guidance and expertise. Wife now wants a Noveske thanks to Chris. She also wants a crossbow. Things are looking up!

Special thanks to Chris K. and Larry Larry for taking extra time with our son.

See everyone in July.

jedi

Da PinkFather
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30
    @instructors

anything you want to see different for next year (if we do this again)
    was dnr's guns up for the task?
    steel hold up ok?
    perhaps see about using balloons, clays on the 25 with the paper?

ChrisK

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Mar 21, 2008
    Starke County
    We all had a blast on Saturday. Our son had so much fun. He is bugging us for his own gun and bow. He kept talking about everyone that helped him that day. He can't wait for the youth hunting event DNR puts on in November.

Had a lot of fun after too. A lot of thanks and appreciation to Chris K. for all of his guidance and expertise. Wife now wants a Noveske thanks to Chris. She also wants a crossbow. Things are looking up!

Special thanks to Chris K. and Larry Larry for taking extra time with our son.

See everyone in July.

JayBone, it was a pleasure meeting you and your family. Are you putting the Henry on that list too? :D I just smiled every time your son would say "Chris, can I shoot the Henry again".

Clif45

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    May 9, 2009
    Lake Station
    @instructors

anything you want to see different for next year (if we do this again)
    was dnr's guns up for the task?
    steel hold up ok?
    perhaps see about using balloons, clays on the 25 with the paper?

maybe a little bit of material to explain how to look through a scope and how to look through ironsights. Maybe a quick overview of the guns and how they work. Have someone available to explain this and four rules and safety while the people are standing in line.

subtlesixer03

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    39   0   0
    Apr 22, 2010
    maybe a little bit of material to explain how to look through a scope and how to look through ironsights. Maybe a quick overview of the guns and how they work. Have someone available to explain this and four rules and safety while the people are standing in line.

This is actually why the 25 was slower. We went over the for rules and a basic over veiw of how the firearms worked.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom