Not open for further replies.

JayBone

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 8, 2013
    Lake County
    DJJ_0413w_zps03a4b542.jpg

All I can say is Wow! First time with the S&W 500, I did put five shots through it though. :draw: Needless to say, I wasn't ready for the wake up call.

jedi

Da PinkFather
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30
    What DNR said about the youth event

[FONT=&quot][/FONT][FONT=&quot]Original email to DNR stated.

Have you guys recovered from the event? Was is a success?[/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]

Yes, we have finally recovered! We thought overall it went really well and was pleased with the how the event worked out and happy with the attendance. I think the participants enjoyed themselves and I know that several parents were positively impacted by the experience. It’s always hard to evaluate how the event will influence the participants, but I got the feel that several people enjoyed it enough that they may consider purchasing a firearm or archery equipment to begin shooting as a family. [/FONT]

[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]We would definitely be interested in partnering with your organization again next year. It’s always easier the next time around, since going through it once helps to figure out what’s needed or not needed. I think the main plan worked out pretty well and with maybe just a couple of tweaks here & there it could be an even better event.[/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]You & your organization did a wonderful job of getting donations, providing volunteers, and planning the program. We really appreciate the help – no way for us to do an event like this without a bunch of help. Just let me know if your organization would be willing to try this again next year and we would be happy to work with you. Thanks.[/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]That was followed by this

[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]We would be happy to help next year as well. Here were some of the observations we had for next year.[/FONT]

1. [FONT=&quot]We will need greeters/crowd movers next year. Way too many people were coming into the 25 yard and just waiting around while the other stations we empty. Looks like the public thought they had to do 25, 50, 200 and then 100 in that order.[/FONT]
    2. [FONT=&quot]Slow start on 25 yard. Not sure if this was due to paper targets vs steel on the 50 yard. Seems like the lines/kids were shooting much more on the 50 then the 25 yard.[/FONT]
    3. [FONT=&quot]2 ROs for 50 yard next time. It's too long for just 1.[/FONT]
    4. [FONT=&quot]Instructors we have to stay with the guns ALL the time. [/FONT]
    5. [FONT=&quot]Greeters at stations can have coolers with water bottle ready to go instead of just a cooler and table at the stations[/FONT]
    6. [FONT=&quot]Waiver forms should be sent to registrants to have filled out and bring with them as it takes them way too long to fill out STATE form and NWI INGO form[/FONT]
    7. [FONT=&quot]Put the .223/7.62x39 on the far right bench on the 50 yard line so that brass does not hit anyone. Make the entrance to the 50 yard bench be on the left with yellow tape.[/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]
    This is what we figured the event cost us. Not sure if you need this for any type of report you may need to send downstate for the event.

Fruit Drinks (8oz) 3 x 2.99 = 8.96 (60 containers)
    Fruit Drink Mix 3 x 1.79 = 5.37 (for 5 gallon cooler)
    Chips Ahoy Cookies 4 x 4.39 = 17.56 (4 cookies in a pack; 12 packs in box)
    Oreo Cookies 1 x 4.39 = 4.39 (6 cookies in a pack; 12 packs in box)
    Burgers 4 x 14.99 = 59.96 (116 burgers)
    Hot Dogs 12 x .99 = 11.88 (120 dogs)
    Box of Chips 3 x 11.59 = 34.77 (30 bags in a box)
    Fruit by the foot 2 x 8.09 = 16.18 (48 per box)
    Picnic Pack 2 x 5.99 = 11.98 (2 ketchup, 1 mustard, 1 relish bottles)
    Napkins 1 x 2.14 = 2.14 (250 count)
    Hot Dog Bun 7 x .89 = 6.23

Food Total = 179.42
    Donations = $50 (lonehoosier) + $20 (INGO Member ?? guy with 4Gen full size Glock & Wife with reddish hair)
    Total by Jedi: $109.42

In terms of ammo I don't have a solid number since most of the ammo was donated.
    Best estimate I can come up with it as follows:

.22lr
    9,150 rounds donated
    2,700 NOT used we donated to Project Appleseed
    6,450 used for event

Lets say ammo is .07 cents per round (current 2013 crazy prize) so $451.50

7.62x39
    We had 500 rounds.
    If we go with the cheapest Cabela's has which is steel $11.99 for 20 rounds we get
    11.99 * 1.07 (tax) / 20 = .64 per round
    $320 for 500 rounds

We had 500 rounds.
    I don't know the cost since I don't have an AR-15 so not sure how to price this?
    For this message I'll just take the AK round and use that number.
    So $320 for 500 rounds.

So our total ammo donation was $1500

We also got some targets, glasses, ear plugs from various donors so I suspect another $300 in misc items.

So GRAND TOTAL for event.
    Food = 179.42
    Ammo = 1500
    Misc = 300

$1979.42 or $2K for the event.[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]
    and his reply was
    [/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]Great – we will look forward to partnering again.[/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]I think you are right on target with regards to your suggestions. The only thing I would wonder about is if we really need the participants to fill out both waivers – I believe the State’s waiver wording covers the State of Indiana, employees, volunteers, and other participants. This waiver was developed by the DNR legal team specifically for our hunting & shooting events in order to cover basically everyone at the event. I have attached a copy of the participant waiver for you to look over and if you would be comfortable with having only one waiver form signed I think it would streamline the process quite a bit. [/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]Thanks for the cost figures. I did a basic estimate & was pretty close – but this will be helpful. [/FONT][FONT=&quot][/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]
    [/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]----

[/FONT]
    Sorry for the delay in the report. But it looks like we did make an impression and they want to try it again next year!
    :rockwoot:

jedi

Da PinkFather
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30
    @larry

How much garbage and what kind did you have to pick up? :xmad:
    I know when we first got there I did not put bags in the two cans that were there. :facepalm:
    It was only until mid day that I bagged the cans after the RO had come around to empty them.
    I did have a bag with garbage near the back of the range that got full.

We need a dedicated can for the back area in addition to the front I suspect.
    What I failed to do was take down the paper targets at the end.

Winamac

Expert
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 11, 2011
    Logansport
    Jedi, Just want to say that we really appreciate all the time and hard work you give for these meet & shoots and then the detailed follow ups on the site here. I usually do not get to attend the shoots due to prior commitments. However I do follow the "goings on" here on the site. Anyway...Thank You.

TheUziButton

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    41   0   0
    Mar 28, 2011
    Thank you Jedi and NWI INGOers for such a fantastic event! You have an awesome group and I hope Que and I can make another one in the near future. Hope you enjoy the video and keep your eye out for some more featuring NWI's very own The Uzi Button...

[video=youtube_share;NZvGTgoCUFY]http://youtu.be/NZvGTgoCUFY[/video]

Wow! The video looks great! You got the video edited fast as well!
    Thank you for driving all that way to attend the shoot!

Fenway

no longer pays the bills
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 11, 2008
    behind you
    Unfortunately I went from under the canopy to the bright light and didn't adjust the settings.... :( Thanks UZI. Hope you can give me some tips when I have my new camera at NFA day

Wow! The video looks great! You got the video edited fast as well!
    Thank you for driving all that way to attend the shoot!

jedi

Da PinkFather
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30
    @winamac
    :runaway: ahhhh the range now has an account!!!! :runaway:
    :)
    no worries winamac i enjoy the crazines and seeing all those thugs and rednecks having fun. after all where else can use try before you buy and try again to make sure u really want to buy.

nipprdog

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    Jan 11, 2009
    Tippecanoe county
    And Mr. O gets bonus points for shooting a large pistol, while smoking a cigar....

That was one of my favorite pics. I wish I had known that Super Redhawk was going to be there. I would have brought some 44 ammo for it. I would have loved to shoot a few rounds through it. :( This week's episode of Gun Stories on The Outdoor Channel was based on the Redhawk and Super Redhawk.

Last edited:

wolfeden

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 26, 2013
    Medaryville
    As I have always said, a good organization needs a firm foundation to build upon. After putting a face with the names, it is no wonder INGO is such a success. As for Fenway and Que, you guys ROCK! Keep up the good work.

This meet and shoot was like the others I have had the privilege to attend. Always meet somebody new and see new hardware to drool over. The rifle competition is one thing I really look forward to. After the years, one needs a challenge. The competition is super fun to do.

Two people I would like to give a special thanks to would be Mr. Stanley for introducing the Mini 14. They are a sweet rifle. And I would like to give a special thanks to whoever made the bacon wrapped meat loaf. That was the BEST meatloaf I have ever eaten.

Jr. and I are already looking forward to the next meet. We need to discuss Appleseed. Hope to see more of you there. Thanks Everybody.

the only Qualk

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 29, 2011
    Valpo
    Great pictures everyone. I had a great time as usual. Unfortunately I arrived too late for the competition but next time i will make it on time.
    It was nice talking with you Raitekk, Wild Deuce, and T-Star.
    Wild Deuce thank you for looking over my 10/22 for appleseed.
    T-Star unfortunately I shared a couple of the cupcakes and they were all gone yesterday :( On a good note everyone loved them and my wife wants the recipe lol.
    I did not have a chance to meet with Que or Fenway but thank you for all you do with this site it is truly my favorite forum/site.
    Thank you Jedi for the sticker and throwing these events they are always so much fun. Also thank you for letting me shoot the mosin. I think I have to buy one now.

Thanks all and hopefully I can get my wife down for the next one as it is a sunday.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom