Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30
    Da PinkFather's AAR

-FINANCIAL UPDATE--
    Pre-Event Pot: $36
    Expenses: $50 (plywood) of which INGO pot gave $36
    Donations: $199
    Post-Event Pot: $197 but it is now $201

Larry bought $50 worth of plywood and advised to give him $36 back only as the other $14 was his donation of plywood to the range.

Donations:
    - Fenway donated $150 to NWI INGO for plywood and food.
    - ilovemyjeep donated $20
    - plywood purple bucket had $2 (unknown donor(s))
    - "the boys that came with the pink lemonade" donated $25
    - Jedi donated $2

However somehow we have $2 extra dollars in the pot which I am not sure where they came from. Perhaps someone donated it but I don't recall anyone giving me just $2. :dunno: In any case we are now at $201.

The Fenway donation was opened ended but plywood/food but I think we should just leave it for range donations. While we are OK with the plywood the brooms and dustpans are beginning to look like junk. So at next month's meeting we need to ask the RO if they need brooms or dustpans. Perhaps getting them some stiffer brooms? Not sure.

--FOOD UPDATE--
    Thank you to all that brought food this time around.
    This is what our inventory looks like AUG

2 bags of chips (not opened)
    1 jar of salsa (not opened)
    2 ketchups (not opened)
    3 mustards (not opened)
    1 relish (not opened)
    2 boxes of hot coco coco mix, 20 servings (not opened)
    2 packs of cookies (unopened) need to check expiration date as they are from JUN 2013 event
    2 packs of bacon
    2 BBQ bottles (not opened)

3 mustards open
    1 ketchup open
    1 relish open

What we are low on is cups, napkins and plates at this point.

---THE RANGE---
    :+1: No bugs!!! no bugs!!! I'm not sure if it's becaused we fogged it when we got there or there just were not many this time around. In any case it was a nice sunny day but not overly hot. 70s and 80s and no rain. We had the range most of the day to ourselves with a few non members coming and going. So that was real nice!

--NEW GUEST--
    I am so happy we have several families come out and they brought the little ones as well to shoot. Plus we had at least 3 couples/family of the general public that were there to see/shoot and ended up getting info about INGO and our events. :rockwoot:

--SPECIAL EVENTS--
    We held 3 competitions.

Kid comp ages 0 - 10 and we have a tie for 1st place by 2 of the boys who won a Jedi LEGO Star Wars item. We also handed out a 3rd Place LEGO Friends set to the boy (Dylan ??) that came in third. I'm not familiar with how much shooting boy who came in 1st has done (the new comer) but I know that Dylan just started shooting and he came very close with his scoring. I know wolfeden's son has done more shooting then the other ones which shows in his scores. Still I think they all had fun. We need to get them signed up to Project Appleseed this year.

Kid comp ages 11-18 we had just one winner since there was only one participate. She must have scared all the other kids her age. :laugh: She got to pick the first prize from the grab bag BTW.

The adult comp
    1st place but disqualified for being a snob was ......
    Actually he does not qualify since he is an Instructor for Project Appleseed.

So the real first place went to ShootinDave with 228.
    2nd place was :dunno: with 213. Someone help me out here.
    3rd place was wolfeden with 186.

1st and 2nd place actually qualified for Expert Rifleman if they go to Project Appleseed. :whistle:
    They all walked away with a boat load of prizes in their bags!

The Boo-Boo Award goes to DarkKevin
    (Won a little PURPLE coffee can and the boo-boo award and a sponge to clean the stench of being a LLLLLL :):)
    DarkKevin has the distinct pleasure of geting a 2 time Boo-Boo Award winner. We now have 2 members with this distinction.
    :facepalm:

Like time his excuse was
    "The competition was to shoot 10 rounds at the target. DarkKevin somehow managed to shoot 13 times even though he claims he only loaded 10 rounds. :rolleyes: rednecks can't count!"

this time his excuse was his rifle was sighted for 200 yards shooting on the 25 yard. rednecks can't read! :faint:

--DNR WINAMAC TALK--
    The RO thanks us for the plywood and post! They have been running low on post and have been using downed trees per new DNR policy. He says the plywood expense is killing them. We do feel their pain as well at $10 for OSB!!! :xmad:

--MY DAY--
    I tend to get their early to have alone/me time but :nono: some thug named "pilgrim" showed up right when we opened as well. :xmad: Worse he was going very fast at **cough** and zoomed right into the parking lot and out of his car. Right behind him zooms into the lot a white Indiana State Police officer and rolls down his window.

The pilgrim walks over and say "Hi what's up!" :facepalm: ISP ask him what he is doing and why he was driving so fast. The Pilgrim says I'm here to shoot with INGO. Have you heard of Indiana Gun Owners. :facepalm: x 2!!!! The ISP says he knows who we are and they talk for a bit more before the ISP guy leaves. Thugs just can't leave their thugish ways at home.

OK on to my day.

My appleseed target scoring was as follows:
    Using 10/22
    Test 1 - 140 (Marksman) Lv1 (used 25 round 'clip')
    Test 2 - 154 (Marksman) Lv1
    Test 3 - 192 (Sharpshooter) Lv2
    Test 4 - 194 (Sharoshooter) Lv2
    Test 5 - 144 (Marksman) Lv1
    Test 6 - 158 (Marksman) Lv1

Using KLB's Daniel Defense AR-15 (.223) :puke: with a red dot
    Test 7 - 40 (No qualify) :crying:

Using a Mosin Carbine
    Test 8 - 32 (No qualify) :crying:

Using M1 .30 Carbine
    Test 9 - 104 (No qualify) :crying:

So looks like I'm a bit rusty and need to get back to work as I did not get a level 3 this time around. Also shooting with the 25 round 'clip' in the prone position is hard. I switched over to the 10 round 'clips' after that and it was much better. The 25 rounds is great for hitting steel standing to shoot a lot but not so good for prone shooting.

The AR is :puke: but then again I think they are all :puke: and I suspect it's me just not knowing how to hold them. Why?
    Well I shot the Mosin and while it did kick and was loud it did not bother me. Yes the recoil I could feel but it was not 'bad' like the ARs that I have fired. More on this in a bit.

I took the walk over to the 200 yard as there was an M1A scout looking weapon over there. I was able to fire 5 rounds at an appleseed target (the big one that they would score with) and guess what? All 5 of my shoots were on the paper at 200 yards!!! :rockwoot: I did it prone and the 'scout' was OK, yes recoil but less than the Mosin and the grip left the same as the 10/22 and the M1 .30 carbine. So in talking with someone about this the theory is I must be holding the pistol grip ARs and other .308s incorrectly into my shoulder vs the traditional rifle (mosin, M1A, etc..) that I have fired and been OK with.

It's been suggested that I get some one on one time with turnandshoot4 on an AR to see how I am holding it. So perhaps in the near future but I still want a .308 before a .223.

What I do know is that I think I have finally made up my mind on a .308. The M1A scout or something along that line (better brand name perhaps) is what I'm gonna go for in my 1st .308 rifle. I still want a scar H but that will have to go lower in the list for now.

---Final Comments---
    Special thanks to Larry who brought the plywood.
    Thanks to all that brought food.
    Big thanks to the cooks who helped me out and the food preppers who cut the tomatoes and lettuce.

Fenway thank you for finally making one of our events! Que thank you for bringing him and taking all those pics and interviews.
    I'm happy everyone had a blast and a good time. See you in SEP since I'm going to miss the AUG :( one due to work.

ChrisK

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Mar 21, 2008
    Starke County
    The 10 year old that tied for 1st was my grandson Bryce. This was his first time shooting!! I guess he listened to the instructions from his Grandpa. :rockwoot:He now wants his own .22. Great time had by my entire family.

JayBone

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 8, 2013
    Lake County
    We also had another great time! Dylan is my son, and our last name is Hall. I now find myself looking for another .22, actually two, he got hooked on Goobers 22-45 with that red dot. Good Times!

JayBone

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 8, 2013
    Lake County
    The 10 year old that tied for 1st was my grandson Bryce. This was his first time shooting!! I guess he listened to the instructions from his Grandpa. :rockwoot:He now wants his own .22. Great time had by my entire family.

Great hanging out with you and your family ChrisK, it was nice meeting everyone! So many of your guns I wanted to shoot that I didn't get a chance to. Maybe next time, hope you can make it out again. If you get a chance shoot me your numbers. Can't PM yet, I'm still a Noob...:shoot:

ChrisK

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Mar 21, 2008
    Starke County
    Great hanging out with you and your family ChrisK, it was nice meeting everyone! So many of your guns I wanted to shoot that I didn't get a chance to. Maybe next time, hope you can make it out again. If you get a chance shoot me your numbers. Can't PM yet, I'm still a Noob...:shoot:

It was nice to hang out with your family again. We must get together again very soon. My grandchildren kept saying how nice everyone was. I just want to say to everyone that attended, Thank you for taking the time with the kids. It just proves what great people are in the INGO community.

nipprdog

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    Jan 11, 2009
    Tippecanoe county
    I enjoyed shooting the S&W 500. Even though I only shot one round through the 500.

DJJ_0404w_zps946c648e.jpg

;)

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    I need Advil.

I was the last to leave. Someone left a chair. I have it.
    Oddly, i am missing a chair. But this one is not mine, I don't think mine made it to the range.

Also, the Ranger and I were stuck cleaning up garbage.
    I hope everyone cleans up after themselves. We might not be welcome if we keep leaving garbage strewn around.

I would like to thank Fenway and Que for showing up. Of course Que was recognized right away, being an internet "celebrity".
    The allusive Fenway, I had to have him pointed out. And even now, when I look at my pictures, his image is disappearing. MAGIC.
    it was a pleasure to meet the both of you. Thank you for making the long drive. And thank you for the INGO "bling".

I guess I'm getting older. I think i need something for my elbows next time I shoot Black Betty prone. Or maybe I just need to learn to hold it better.
    Dangit. I think Que was supposed to fire her. Oh well, he'll have to visit again.

Dark Kevin may have won the boo-boo award, but my ego was SEVERELY deflated. I will have to work on that. 25 yds, I can't believe my shots.

I was thinking of painting or staining the rifle stands, to protect them? What does everyone think? Esp. Lonehoosier, since he built 2 of them.

GhostofWinter

Master
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Jan 12, 2009
    Lake Station-NW Indiana
    Jedi, you lied to us. You said that you would post about the email you got from the DNR concerning the youth day after the meet and shoot.....well where is it dude? Didja lose the email on your trip to the CORRECT part of lake county and through to the range?? LOL

Fenway

no longer pays the bills
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 11, 2008
    behind you
    Thank you Jedi and NWI INGOers for such a fantastic event! You have an awesome group and I hope Que and I can make another one in the near future. Hope you enjoy the video and keep your eye out for some more featuring NWI's very own The Uzi Button...

[video=youtube_share;NZvGTgoCUFY]http://youtu.be/NZvGTgoCUFY[/video]

Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    May 6, 2012
    Mishawaka
    My son, my friend (who is FINALLY an INGO member) and myself had a GREAT time.

We definitely enjoyed shooting everything with a trigger :laugh:

Also, I certainly would like to say thanks to Jedi for putting all this together every month. I know it's a tremendous undertaking and I'm really glad to be welcomed even though I'm not from Da region :)

My son and I are very appreciative of all the ammo donations and the willingness by everyone to allow us to play with their toys.

I uploaded some videos and will share them here as soon as I make sure there's nothing incriminating.

Really funny when Que broke Jedi's wagon (he won't own up to it though :D )

My friend keep asking me on the way back home "Seriously T_Star doesn't even like bacon?? Why does she make all those bacon cupcakes" :laugh:

The bad part about being there yesterday: My wife hasn't seen my shopping list yet (you know, new guns that need purchased :D )

lonehoosier

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    May 3, 2011
    NWI
    I was thinking of painting or staining the rifle stands, to protect them? What does everyone think? Esp. Lonehoosier, since he built 2 of them.
    I have no problem with that. I built them to last a long time so that would be a good idea. Stain or paint them any color you want to.

nipprdog

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    Jan 11, 2009
    Tippecanoe county
    Another great M&S! Nice to meet Fenway and Que. :ingo:I was in AR heaven yesterday. I shot Dainels Defense, Black Beaty, POF, Larue, Noveske, and BCM. As well as that very nice Polytech Legend AK. Here's the first batch of pics. More to come later.

DJJ_0400w_zps9e57da11.jpg

DJJ_0402w_zpsccba4f05.jpg

DJJ_0407w_zps26899410.jpg

DJJ_0413w_zps03a4b542.jpg

DJJ_0416w_zps5a782bac.jpg

DJJ_0419w_zpsad621305.jpg

DJJ_0423w_zps12b01db7.jpg

DJJ_0425w_zps23dae414.jpg

DJJ_0428w_zps8dad7504.jpg

DJJ_0430w_zpscfd66d9a.jpg

DJJ_0448w_zps979eb273.jpg

DJJ_0453w_zps12a2f06e.jpg