AA Optics is now a National Appleseed sponser (Kickoff event details inside)

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • 42769vette

Grandmaster
    Industry Partner
    Oct 6, 2008
    south of richmond in
    Im getting pretty excited about this. There are 5 or 6 people I talk to on INGO that Ill get to meet that have already signed up for this. It will be nice putting some faces to some screen names.

Rayne

Grandmaster
    Jan 3, 2011
    Former Tree Sniper
    One less ticket available. Talked the hubby into shooting this seed with me. I've waited a week or so to sign him up since he said yes, to make sure he wasn't just pacifying me. Really looking forward to sharing this great experience with him. He's only heard me talking excitedly about them for more than a year now. :)

RobbyMaQ

#BarnWoodStrong
    Site Supporter
    Mar 26, 2012
    Lizton
    I really would like to do this. Moreso to have Alan give me advice on a short range optic. But I would like to see some newcomers join instead. If it doesn't fill, I will jump in at last chance

Rayne

Grandmaster
    Jan 3, 2011
    Former Tree Sniper
    All signed up for this event!!!

This will be my first Appleseed and I've heard nothing but great things about these events (Rayne & OnebadV8) with pressure to get to one, so I'm finally committed :)

:rockwoot: :bacondance: :rockwoot: :bacondance: :rockwoot: :bacondance: :rockwoot: :bacondance: :rockwoot: :bacondance:

i can't believe all that nagging actually worked....it never works on my hubby. This is going to be one awesome weekend. Is any of the family coming with you?

Barista

Marksman
    Oct 29, 2012
    South Bend..."Go Irish"
    :rockwoot: :bacondance: :rockwoot: :bacondance: :rockwoot: :bacondance: :rockwoot: :bacondance: :rockwoot: :bacondance:

i can't believe all that nagging actually worked....it never works on my hubby. This is going to be one awesome weekend. Is any of the family coming with you?

No family just me attending this one. This is the first home football game of Notre Dame's season, my daughter just isn't interested and she will be in season for her golf team, my son is working at Jimmy John's (JJ's) and he will be in season for cross country (XC) but they shouldn't have anything going on over the holiday weekend. I think for this event I will go it alone but I will encourage one of the kids to attend the next Appleseed with me. My wife medically just isn't able to do a weekend event like this; at the moment (I can explain in another form of communication).

Pitmaster

Expert
    Jan 21, 2008
    South Bend, IN
    No family just me attending this one. This is the first home football game of Notre Dame's season, my daughter just isn't interested and she will be in season for her golf team, my son is working at Jimmy John's (JJ's) and he will be in season for cross country (XC) but they shouldn't have anything going on over the holiday weekend. I think for this event I will go it alone but I will encourage one of the kids to attend the next Appleseed with me. My wife medically just isn't able to do a weekend event like this; at the moment (I can explain in another form of communication).
    FYI, Watervliet and Niles have events in Sept and Oct respectively. Nappanee, Lake Village, and Rochester are other options. New Buffalo may have a WinterSeed if it works out.

Barista

Marksman
    Oct 29, 2012
    South Bend..."Go Irish"
    FYI, Watervliet and Niles have events in Sept and Oct respectively. Nappanee, Lake Village, and Rochester are other options. New Buffalo may have a WinterSeed if it works out.

Yeah, I saw there were Appleseed events closer but I wanted to goto my first one with someone I knew and I liked that AA Optics was sponsoring Appleseed's nationally along with this particular event. I will take a closer look at some local Appleseed events and try to get my kids to participate.

Rayne

Grandmaster
    Jan 3, 2011
    Former Tree Sniper
    Yeah, I saw there were Appleseed events closer but I wanted to go to my first one with someone I knew and I liked that AA Optics was sponsoring Appleseed's nationally along with this particular event. I will take a closer look at some local Appleseed events and try to get my kids to participate.

:lmfao: You couldn't remember me just awhile back. :laugh:

I'm so glad you figured it out and are going to join us for the Richmond seed.

Pitmaster

Expert
    Jan 21, 2008
    South Bend, IN
    There have been several other nearby. I've penciled in going to this one. A couple of health issues and the possibility of some surgeries soon are preventing me from committing. I won't be shooting but helping out as Applecore.

As an FYI, Bend of the River Conservation Club hosts many shooting events and sports. I'm on the board, match director of 3-Gun, ICORE, and Appleseed.

Barista

Marksman
    Oct 29, 2012
    South Bend..."Go Irish"
    :lmfao: You couldn't remember me just awhile back. :laugh:

I'm so glad you figured it out and are going to join us for the Richmond seed.

Who are you? Have we met before? I'm puzzled why this forum member thinks I know them...

As an FYI, Bend of the River Conservation Club hosts many shooting events and sports. I'm on the board, match director of 3-Gun, ICORE, and Appleseed.

I have been to B.O.R.C.C for a number of USPSA shoots (mostly the winter league) and really enjoy the people and events they put on. I'm sure if we ran into each other we would know one another. I look forward to seeing you at this Appleseed and having an introduction. I need to participate in more of B.O.R.C.C. other matches and shoots...especially the ICORE. FYI: I believe Lee used to do a lot with the 3-Gun (I grew up with Lee...he was a neighbor that lived just across the street but he was a number of years older than me 7+).

Barista

Marksman
    Oct 29, 2012
    South Bend..."Go Irish"
    So any helpful information on this event? Distance we will be shooting, suggested rifle(s) to use, how improved is the shooting area, etc.?

I'm considering bringing a few (3-4) different rifles. Can I use a red dot scope or can we only use iron sights or glass optics?

I read a bunch of stuff on the Appleseed website for preparedness but I'm sure there are specific/unique needs for each different location and I wish more information was posted up to prepare for specific sites. Am I missing something on the Appleseed site that provides location specific details?

Top Bottom