AA Optics is now a National Appleseed sponser (Kickoff event details inside)

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Hop

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Jan 21, 2008
    Indy
    A&A, this is great & one reason I'll continue to support you & your business. I'll be talking to you 1st when the M1A is ready for glass. I'm just teasing Alan about offering up a $1400 scope. He lets me coon-finger and drool over one at every Indy 1500. :ingo: It's an awesome piece of glass.

While quizzes are good, and it's Appleseed & A&A's decision on how this giveaway happens, learning how to put everything together and getting rounds in the black is the universal measuring stick. The history is a valuable + that I never got in any history classes. I was just another guy that liked to shoot before I started attending Appleseeds. I'd like to thank YHJ & all the hats that put these events together. One of these days I might take a hat myself but for now, I'll continue to spread the word and try to get more people to attend. A big thanks to everyone!

ol' Huff

Sharpshooter
    Mar 8, 2012
    he gave me a Vortex hat at the 1500. its an awesome hat. Vortex scopes and AAoptics service are a match made in Rifleman Heaven

yellowhousejake

Sharpshooter
    Industry Partner
    May 25, 2009
    Greenfield
    While quizzes are good, and it's Appleseed & A&A's decision on how this giveaway happens, learning how to put everything together and getting rounds in the black is the universal measuring stick.

I heard a short description last night of something another instructor spoke about. Had to do with marksmanship being fine and all, but if you do not have in your heart what is required to answer when marksmanship is required, knowing how to shoot means little.

Universal measuring stick of skill with a rifle, I would agree. Anything else like citizenship, commitment, service to community, not really close. Being a Rifleman is all those things.

If it is only shooting we award, that has a prize, shoot a 250 and win it.

YHJ

Last edited:

The Bubba Effect

Grandmaster
    May 13, 2010
    High Rockies
    I humbly suggest having the shooters prepare (before the shoot) short essays (1-2 pages) on the historical figure from "Paul Revere's Ride" that means the most to them. We could collect essays at the beginning of the shoot and then read two or three candidates at lunch on Sunday and award one with the scope.

It might seem a bit much to some people, but if you will not read a book and write two pages to win a fantastic piece of glass, I have little sympathy.

This would encourage reading, study of the history, and examination of the historical figures. Plus it might give us free historical material that we could appropriate for our own leasons :).

indygunguy

Expert
    Emeritus
    Dec 12, 2010
    NE Side of Indy
    I humbly suggest having the shooters prepare (before the shoot) short essays ...

I'll pass on writing an essay.

Alan - Thanks for hosting this. My wife and I are signed up and looking forward to it. This will be our 2nd Appleseed. Our first was run by YHJ and he was excellent as Shoot Boss. We both missed Rifleman by a few points last year... hopefully we'll come home with a couple patches this year.

:patriot:

CBR1000rr

Expert
    Feb 26, 2011
    In an eastern valley
    I just signed up for my 2nd shoot and it happens to be the location of my 1st. :)

I'm excited as I can be to attend both days this time! A nice little patch won't be too bad. High score was only a 172 so I have some room for improvement.

Thanks for being such a gracious host and thank you for the added incentives; none of which are necessary yet all are appreciated!

ol' Huff

Sharpshooter
    Mar 8, 2012
    I'll get to the shoot if i can. Dance card is filling up. I think I am Shoot Bossing at least four more shoots between now and then. I didn't have grey in my hair before Appleseed.

red46239

Sharpshooter
    Aug 3, 2012
    SE Indy
    My 10 year old son and I just signed up. This will be our first Appleseed. Thanks to Alan for taking the time to talk with me about the event earlier this evening. We are really excited! :patriot:

Top Bottom