• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Baditude

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 2, 2011
    SE Indianapolis
    Easy solution just kill off all humans viola no climate change problem as stupid as that is, it is just as intelligent and fact based as anything I have read regarding man made climate change.

We should also cork all the volcanoes too, perhaps with the politicians

BigBoxaJunk

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 9, 2013
    East-ish
    Easy solution just kill off all humans viola no climate change problem as stupid as that is, it is just as intelligent and fact based as anything I have read regarding man made climate change.

Goggle this: What does "Throw the baby out with the bathwater" mean?

printcraft

INGO Clown
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Feb 14, 2008
    Uranus
    Geez, no wonder we rank near the bottom in math and science.
    Anyways, those huge factors:
    Hey's there used to be a super continent called Pangea...
    Pangea, broke apart due to this thing called continental drift...
    Continental drift changes the patterns of ocean currents...
    Ocean currents play a big role in climate...
    That Pangea, continental drift thing?
    ...put huge amounts of CO2 into the atmosphere
    Hey! they're also weren't any polar ice caps....
    ...and thus sea level was much higher (about 30ft higher)

So yeah, in my layman's opinion, there were huge differences between Earth then, and Earth now.

The continents are still drifting.......
    HOW in the hell do we stop that from happening and how much of continental drift is man made?
    Please use math and science to explain.

rhino

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indiana
    HOW in the hell do we stop that from happening and how much of continental drift is man made?

Math and science are hard. I don't understand them.

NOW STOP WITH THE QUOTING ALREADY!

firehawk1

Master
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    May 15, 2010
    Between the rock and that hardplace
    Air conditioners do generate heat as a byproduct of their operation.

The only heat an air conditioner can/could 'create' is from any friction inside the hermetic compressor. The hot air coming out thru the condenser/exhaust is really nothing more than heat extracted from the air inside a building/car/whatever. Take the Freon out of your heat pump and run it (if it even will), I guaranty you'd be cold as any heat generated by a compressor alone is minimal.

rhino

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indiana
    The only heat an air conditioner can/could 'create' is from any friction inside the hermetic compressor. The hot air coming out thru the condenser/exhaust is really nothing more than heat extracted from the air inside a building/car/whatever. Take the Freon out of your heat pump and run it (if it even will), I guaranty you'd be cold as any heat generated by a compressor alone is minimal.

You may want to do some reading on thermodynamics, refrigeration cycles, and efficiency.

firehawk1

Master
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    May 15, 2010
    Between the rock and that hardplace
    You may want to do some reading on thermodynamics, refrigeration cycles, and efficiency.

I understand refrigeration, and in the context of this discussion any heat 'generated' by an air conditioner other than extracting it from the air in one area and moving it somewhere else is comparably minimal. Obviously nothing is 100% efficient, isn't that a gimme?:dunno:

Why do all these type threads have to evolve into being a 'mine's bigger than yours'....:rolleyes:

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011

You think you could understand it if I did explain?

Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 21, 2013
    Lawrence County
    "For example, we can now produce electricity from the wind and the sun at close to the same price we pay for electricity from other sources, and we may soon know how to do cost-effective large-scale storage of electricity, thus greatly reducing the intermittency problems of solar and wind and producing a hedge against the great vulnerability of our power grid."

Completely untrue. Wind generates electricity during peak wind, not when it's needed, sun - the same for sunlight, and we are almost as close to large scale grid storage as we were when batteries were first invented. I work in the energy business, these statements are just wrong. Sandia National Labs tracks grid storage capability, I know them personally, can give you their contact information if you'd like to talk to them.

printcraft

INGO Clown
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Feb 14, 2008
    Uranus
    You think you could understand it if I did explain?

Dhhuuuuuuuuu...... I donu't no.... types slowely please. I want to no how myuch content drift is man made.

I see you've taken up the mantle of INGO contrarian now that our sgt. at arms is MIA ........ must be lonely at the top. :D

rhino

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indiana
    Dhhuuuuuuuuu...... I donu't no.... types slowely please. I want to no how myuch content drift is man made.

I see you've taken up the mantle of INGO contrarian now that our sgt. at arms is MIA ........ must be lonely at the top. :D

I shall try a different approach: PLEASE QUOTE AS MUCH AS YOU CAN! PLEASE!!!

Heh.

On the bright side, at least I didn't miss a reminder of my intellectual and educational deficiencies. I just don't understand science and math goodly enough.

I need that occasionally, lest I forget.

Top Bottom