• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • hps

Master
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jun 26, 2009
    Sitting and waiting for this person is asking for trouble. If you have to defend urself and you kill this person the lawyers will have ur butt.

tom1025

Master
    Rating - 100%
    27   0   0
    Mar 6, 2009
    Underground
    How about a yard sign? It could say this house has been broken into X times this month. If you see anyone on this property during blank hours ( insert hours your mom works ) please call 911.

Vic_Mackey

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 14, 2009
    Beastside
    I would say we are 95% sure. He just sent my mother a text stating " You couldnt catch me if I was right under your nose, and this will happen again"

I do not know where he stays once he got out of jail he has bounced around from hotel to hotel.

Dude, seriously, get in there, keep your gun(s) handy, but have a bat at the ready. There is nothing preventing you from projecting your family and their property. He comes in, bust his spokes and call the cops. You have enough reports and a text message to back you, on top of catching him red handed. Just prepare for a scuffle and be careful.

phatgemi

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Oct 1, 2008
    Metamora, IN
    How does the castle doctrine play out if you knowingly put your self in the house with the knowledge of crime going to happen. Also I missed if op lives there himself??

mtgasten

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Aug 23, 2011
    Greenfield
    There are two windows he continues to break and the back door is blocked from view so he kicks it in.

for the windows: 3M

as for the back door, replace it with a steel door and some good hinges, and change out the dead bolt...hell give it three deadbolts...and like everyone else said...use cameras.

RobbyMaQ

#BarnWoodStrong
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    Mar 26, 2012
    Lizton
    Keep at it. Sounds like hes getting a bit cocky. Cocky people get stupid and make mistakes. Although, I am surprised they couldn't do anything with the texts. I'd like to think it would be grounds for a restraining order at least?

Dirtebiker

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    49   0   0
    Feb 13, 2011
    Greenwood
    WOW, this thread got a lot more attention then I intended. A quick update on the situation. My brother send my mother a message stating that he has sold her computer (that was stolen from the house) and he doesn't have to kick in doors to get into that house. (his exact words) He then followed that with he always wears gloves and they will never catch him up in anything because there is no finger prints. I spoke with my uncle (a recent grad from IU's School of Law) and he told me to have the police read the message to see if this was enough for a warrant and it would be the cops choice. SO she spoke with the police and they told her that this wasn't enough to do anything, but he wanted a printed copy of the message. ( These messages are from Facebook) After the police left her house, he sent her another message stating call the police all you want but I know when they are around. My mother is supposed to be investing in a security system, but with limited income it may take a while to be in place. Thanks for the advice and let me say once again I do not want violence but I do want this problem taken care of.

Sounds like and admission of guilt to me! How can that NOT be enough evidence to at least question him? Check local pawn shops for merchandise. Perhaps get ahold of his probation officer!?
    I don't think staying in the house is a good idea for you Or especially your mom! If he really is breaking in 2-3 times a week, take a few days off, hide out nearby where you have a good visual on the house, and as soon as he comes back, call the police!
    Where abouts is this happening? And who are you talking to at the police department?

avengedXT

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 84%
    20   4   1
    Feb 15, 2010
    Behind the V!
    I agree with video surveillance. Under no circumstance should you ever want to shoot somebody.....

cobber said it well at the bottom of page one: if you plan an ambush, speak to a GOOD attorney before doing so.

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    95   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    WOW, this thread got a lot more attention then I intended. A quick update on the situation. My brother send my mother a message stating that he has sold her computer (that was stolen from the house) and he doesn't have to kick in doors to get into that house. (his exact words) He then followed that with he always wears gloves and they will never catch him up in anything because there is no finger prints. I spoke with my uncle (a recent grad from IU's School of Law) and he told me to have the police read the message to see if this was enough for a warrant and it would be the cops choice. SO she spoke with the police and they told her that this wasn't enough to do anything, but he wanted a printed copy of the message. ( These messages are from Facebook) After the police left her house, he sent her another message stating call the police all you want but I know when they are around. My mother is supposed to be investing in a security system, but with limited income it may take a while to be in place. Thanks for the advice and let me say once again I do not want violence but I do want this problem taken care of.

You gotta out smart this goon. Guns should not be involved.
    She needs a big ol' dog to hang out with her for a few weeks.

RobbyMaQ

#BarnWoodStrong
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    Mar 26, 2012
    Lizton
    You gotta out smart this goon. Guns should not be involved.
    She needs a big ol' dog to hang out with her for a few weeks.

a BIG +1
    and cheap from a shelter to boot! Imagine the looks on ones face when a dog starts barking from the other side of the door.

Top Bottom