• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • stephen87

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    May 26, 2010
    The Seven Seas
    OP, is the neighborhood your mom lives in bad? Maybe you can talk to local LEOs and see I they will increase patrols in the area for a few weeks.

Btw, has anyone mentioned cameras and/or security system?

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    I can't believe nobody has mentioned setting up a camera to catch the perp in the act.
    :dunno:

This was mentioned 1st page or so.
    Are you scared of the brother??
    My brother (god rest his evil soul) was a drunken thief, lier and a scoundrel of the highest order. He was breaking into my house during the day. Neighbors payed him no attention as they had seen him there often. I spoke with them all and they started watching the house. He climbed through the kitchen window and was seen. Police were called, he went to jail.
    I also dealt with him in my own way but will not recommend you do that as I am sure someone would take offense to me suggesting he be treated in this fashion. After all, these are miss-understood individuals with good hearts and mean well. Just slightly off course...............Bravo Sierra.

I feel your pain.

RandomName

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 15, 2012
    Sounds like and admission of guilt to me! How can that NOT be enough evidence to at least question him?

Because an admission of guilt without corroborating evidence is useless in a court. People confess to stuff they didn't do more often that you'd think. Questioning him now would be stupid, you don't have anything on him, and all you do is let them know you are watching so he gets more careful.

Now if the computer's serial number was known and reported stolen and gets pawned, then you'd have something. In private theft/fraud investigations we would use seed money or objects, things with serial numbers we knew, and let the thief take it then catch them with it.

I'm not all up on modern tech, but I bet you could seed something with GPS in it these days, too.

hps

Master
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jun 26, 2009
    For what?
    If he has "to defend himself" he has the right to use force, including deadly force!
    Well, first the police have been there and taken reports.
    This is NOT the OP's res, He's just gonna set up shop and WAIT for the person to return. Sure he has the right ot defend himself,but laying in wait will only add fuel to the fire. Now if confronted or interupts this person its a different story. You dont want to "Lay in wait" after you've posted on a public internet forum. Set up shop outside!! when the person gets in the house call the police.

Hoosier Carry

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 20, 2012
    In the Woods
    Jags I think that adding a security system is a good choice and sounds like you should do it. But what happens when you do have the evidence that it is your brother? I have a feeling you are going to find some loop-holes in what will be done about it being a family member. I may be wrong but just trying to help you from chasing your own tail. In a sorta-similar experience the cops were called several times with a "not much we can do. Our hands are tied." response. The sheriff had to educate us on how to properly do something about it. They might be the ones you need to be asking your questions to.

Top Bottom