Uranus
    One can point to several factors, but here's what can't be denied:
    -a certain Iraqi dictator kept these wackjobs in check
    -we deposed said dictator for "iffy" reasons
    -no dictator = power vacuum
    -a weak govt is installed
    -weak govt invites turmoil led by former soldiers of dictator
    -chaos ensues

What happened in Syria?? If IS is Americas fault then we must have caused it there too right?

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Here's something than no one has touched on, but should it be illegal for Amercan citizens who sympathize with ISIS, to travel, and join them? I'm of the opinion the the federal govt should have no such say. I certainly think arresting them prior to them actually even actually joining the group, is an incredible over reach based on pre-crime.

ModernGunner

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 29, 2010
    NWI
    'Interesting'. In my earlier post, in the link the website has changed the narrative, removing the reason Booker gave for planning the bombing attack, making the story more 'politically correct', attempting to 'lessen' the true reasoning for the plot, and making Booker sound MUCH less 'radical'. Libtards at work, "Let's not make the radical terrorists sound so mean and their agenda not so obvious". :facepalm:

So, here's a link to a different site that has kept Booker's self-stated reason:

https://hotair.com/archives/2015/04/11/john-t-booker-jr-wanted-to-blow-up-ft-riley/

As for if it "should it be illegal for Amercan citizens who sympathize with ISIS, to travel, and join them?", yes, absolutely.

At the very least, any American citizen doing so should have their passport and citizenship immediately revoked and be forever prohibited from returning to the United States. If some scumbag wants to join the terrorists, they should be treated as terrorists, and given no quarter as such.

Last edited:

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    Here's something than no one has touched on, but should it be illegal for Amercan citizens who sympathize with ISIS, to travel, and join them? I'm of the opinion the the federal govt should have no such say. I certainly think arresting them prior to them actually even actually joining the group, is an incredible over reach based on pre-crime.

It's not really the same thing as simply deciding to give up your citizenship.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    It's not really the same thing as simply deciding to give up your citizenship.

No, it's not, but what right does the, federal govt have in stopping a citizen from joining the group, prosecuting, and possibly imprisoning them, before they have actually done anything?

mrjarrell

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 18, 2009
    Hamilton County
    This is a very interesting piece on IS. It takes a look at who is actually the power behind the organisation and it's not who you'd think, at first. If this is true then the US certainly did have a hand in the creation of IS and it could have been avoided. It's Saddam's revenge.

The hidden hand behind the Islamic State militants? Saddam Hussein's. - The Washington Post

Looks like there well may be a connection to the former baathist regime. The King of Clubs is dead and it looks like he was killed in the fighting for Tikrit, on the IS side.

Saddam aide Izzat Ibrahim al-Douri 'killed' in Iraq - BBC News

ArcadiaGP

Wanderer
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 15, 2009
    Indianapolis
    The Taliban and ISIS have allegedly declared a Jihad on each other?

lU8kT1c.png

T.Lex

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Mar 30, 2011
    "Hmmm... this might not be a bad time to arm them with nukes, then." thought a State Department strategist in the current administration.

T.Lex

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Mar 30, 2011
    It is ironic to me that those are such liberal states. Of course, people of all ideologies can be found anywhere in the US, but still - it moved my Irony Needle.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    It is ironic to me that those are such liberal states. Of course, people of all ideologies can be found anywhere in the US, but still - it moved my Irony Needle.

Well, they were members of the Somali community so their politics may not be the same as the natives.

Top Bottom