• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • spencer rifle

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    70   0   0
    Apr 15, 2011
    Scrounging brass
    The Taliban and ISIS have allegedly declared a Jihad on each other?

lU8kT1c.png

Classic Arab thinking:
    "Me against my brother
    My brother and I against my cousin
    My cousin and I against the world."

If we just get out of the way, the Sunnis and Shiites will kill each other off. After all, everyone knows that heretics and apostates are worse than infidels.

Woobie

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 19, 2014
    Losantville
    That's fascism. No danger, no plot, they've just indicated their support of ISIS.

Maybe they were funding ISIS? The article doesn't say. But on face value, I'd certainly have to agree that this looks like totalitarian thought policing, though not technically fascism.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Maybe they were funding ISIS? The article doesn't say. But on face value, I'd certainly have to agree that this looks like totalitarian thought policing, though not technically fascism.

True, not fascism.... but a symptom of building up to.

T.Lex

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Mar 30, 2011
    I'm sure there's a list. A list of names. The number keeps changing, but there's a list.

Blackhawk2001

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jun 20, 2010
    NW Indianapolis
    Here's something than no one has touched on, but should it be illegal for Amercan citizens who sympathize with ISIS, to travel, and join them? I'm of the opinion the the federal govt should have no such say. I certainly think arresting them prior to them actually even actually joining the group, is an incredible over reach based on pre-crime.
    While I (gasp) find myself agreeing with you, for the most part, I still wonder where those in charge of protecting the citizens of the United States (or should I say perhaps "occupants " of the United States) from foreign enemies - and domestic enemies - draw the line? Should they wait until the American citizen (or "occupant") actually kills people and/or blows things up, or should they stop them at some point? I mean, I can see your point that, at this point, the authorities are engaging in speculation about "thought crimes," but at some point these folks are either going to go overseas to get trained, maybe get a little killing experience, then they'll "come home" to the good 'ole USA to continue their jihad over here, or they'll just get some good ideas from the various jihadi internet training videos and skip the middle east trip altogether. I mean, I'm certain there is a "correct" answer to the question, but is it evident to the FBI agent or intel analyst who is serious about protecting US occupants from terror acts fomented by foreign terrorists?

printcraft

INGO Clown
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Feb 14, 2008
    Uranus
    Here's something than no one has touched on, but should it be illegal for Amercan citizens who sympathize with ISIS, to travel, and join them? I'm of the opinion the the federal govt should have no such say. I certainly think arresting them prior to them actually even actually joining the group, is an incredible over reach based on pre-crime.

Absolutely they should be allowed to go and join them........... A litmus test if you will.

Afterward.... if they ever try entering the United States or territories again they should be summarily executed.

T.Lex

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Mar 30, 2011
    IBtTP

(In Before the Thought Police)

Oh. Wait. It doesn't really work like that, does it.

T.Lex

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Mar 30, 2011
    Ok, this is going to get confusing.

Syria: How a new rebel unity is making headway against the regime - BBC News

Initial reports suggested that Idlib had been seized by al-Qaeda's affiliate in Syria, al-Nusra Front. But in fact the city fell to a rebel coalition known as Jaish al-Fatah (Army of Conquest).

Al-Nusra and the hardline Islamist group Ahrar al-Sham are the coalition's most prominent members, but it also includes several more moderate Islamist groups. All are opposed to Islamic State (IS) and have fought bloody battles with the jihadist group over the past year.

But arguably more significant has been the support the coalition has received from regional powers. For the first time, there has been clear co-operation between Turkey, Qatar and Saudi Arabia.

There were fears that the rebels would seek to implement a strict interpretation of Islamic law, or Sharia, but instead they established civil councils to oversee law and order, and public services.

"It was clear in Julani's message that he was not going to declare Idlib the capital of an Islamic emirate. The most important thing was that Julani said his group would not be the only one ruling, and that there would be 'Shura' (consultation) and a civil council."
    Hadi al Abdalla, a citizen journalist who reported on the battle for Idlib from the frontline, says Western media coverage has mistakenly focused on the presence of al-Nusra.
    "For the first time all the groups here are united and they insist that they want civil rule rather than Sharia rule," he explains.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 5, 2011
    Absolutely they should be allowed to go and join them........... A litmus test if you will.

Afterward.... if they ever try entering the United States or territories again they should be summarily executed.

Totally in support of this. You are perfectly free to leave the country and join whoever you want (contracts limiting this for certain government employees, contractors etc notwithstanding) but if you join a foreign combat force that stands against us don't expect to come back in outside of a body bag.

Top Bottom