A Farewell to Arms (Why I jumped off the Glock bandwagon)

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • DanO

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Apr 27, 2009
    NW IN
    THe OP made me cry... such a sad story. But like Danny Devito pairing up with Brooke Shields, not everyone is worthy of perfection.

fastang50

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Dec 9, 2010
    That is some funny stuff.

Having owned a 19 for about ten years now, it's the piece I hate to love! yeah, the grip angle is wrong for me, but darn it's accurate and completely reliable.

Glad you found something that works better for you!

esrice

Certified Regular Guy
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Jan 16, 2008
    Indy
    Ok here's the obligatory crappy cell phone pic. . .

n6qm3c.jpg

indytechnerd

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Nov 17, 2008
    Here and There

esrice

Certified Regular Guy
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Jan 16, 2008
    Indy

I'd love to shoot one. Yours is still a 9mm, right? You didn't jump caliber, too? Have you shuffled backstraps yet to get the right fit?

Yep, 9mm.

I prefer the small backstrap and have switched it to that one. They can be switched in just a matter of seconds.

mk2ja

Master
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Aug 20, 2009
    North Carolina
    I had/have a tough time deciding between the small and medium ones. I think I'll have to hit the range with both in tow so I can swap them out and try both before I'll know for sure. I'm leaning towards the medium, though. I think. Gah! I just don't know!

esrice

Certified Regular Guy
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Jan 16, 2008
    Indy
    I had/have a tough time deciding between the small and medium ones. I think I'll have to hit the range with both in tow so I can swap them out and try both before I'll know for sure.

Try shooting something like a Dot Drill with each backstrap. Pay special attention to how it feels while you are shooting. Then compare your results.

TomN

'tis but a flesh wound!
    Rating - 100%
    62   0   0
    Mar 22, 2008
    Elkhart
    Good to hear from you TomN!

That isn't esrice's pistol. It was a loaner from INGO member OneBadV8. :yesway:

Ack! That's what I get for reading that so late at night. Reading comprehension is your friend! But now that Evan has the M&P he has a goal to get all the goodies installed.

jve153

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 14, 2011
    bargersville, in
    i too prefer the ergonomic taste of the m&p kool-aid. i have total respect for Glock's reputation for reliability, my step-dad and a few of my friends LOVE their glocks, but it just wasnt for me. when i first started shooting with a friend of mine, he had a s/w sigma for just plinking around the farm. i like the feel of it and got one for myself in the 9mm flavor. was reliable, shot around 3k rounds through it (used to work around the corner from pops, a couple hundred rounds on lunch to blow off steam was not uncommon). unfortunately, i ended up selling it along with my sig mosquito (fun for plinking, target, nicely made, btw). not long after i went shooting with another friend of mine who had an m&p compact. i fell in love after the first magazine. i knew that this was the gun for me. i finally purchased my own m&p 9mm compact (with the fat grip) and have shot about 2k rounds with it. never an issue. i would definately trust this firearm. i also picked up another sig mosquito because they are just fun to shoot.

Top Bottom