A Farewell to Arms (Why I jumped off the Glock bandwagon)

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • shooter521

Certified Glock Nut
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    May 13, 2008
    Indianapolis, IN US
    Not unless you wanna catch M&P Disease. Apparently its going around!

:gaychase: :eek: :faint:

shooter_MP_1.jpg

HICKMAN

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Jan 10, 2009
    Lawrence Co.
    your call, hope it serves you well. Don't have enough history on them for me to trust my life to an M&P.

I thought long and hard about it a few times, but extractor issues, slide locking back on rounds, auto forwarding, striker breaking, front sites sliding out, magazine follower problems, no real trigger reset, etc.

I know one can replace parts from APEX, but I rarely touch anything on my carry gun, except replacing with Night Sights.

I'm not sure I follow your comparison though, you shot an M&P with an Apex trigger, but compared it with a glock factory trigger? Vanek, Glockworx and many other make trigger kits for Glocks. Ask anyone who's shot one of mine, smooth as butter.

My dad's carry gun is an M&P40, but he hasn't shot it enough to really compare it with anything.

I want to love the M&P, but it hasn't proven itself enough to be the gun I defend my life with yet.

You get Fenway and Shooter521 trading in their Glocks for M&Ps... you'll have my undivided attention. :D

Last edited:

esrice

Certified Regular Guy
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Jan 16, 2008
    Indy
    I'm not sure I follow your comparison though, you shot an M&P with an Apex trigger, but compared it with a glock factory trigger? Vanek, Glockworx and many other make trigger kits for Glocks. Ask anyone who's shot one of mine, smooth as butter.

Factory to factory triggers, I prefer the Glock. I wouldn't even consider an M&P before due to the factory trigger. However, now that Apex has come out with parts that enhance it and make it more "Glock-esque", it was no longer an obstacle for me. I too am not a fan of "trigger jobs" or excessive trigger modifications on a carry gun, but I'm willing to install Apex's carry kit to get the trigger I want in a more natural platform.

The main catalyst for this change is still the grip circumference and angle, and the M&P wins hands-down.

TomN

'tis but a flesh wound!
    Rating - 100%
    62   0   0
    Mar 22, 2008
    Elkhart
    Evan you chose wisely. The only difference between your M&P and mine is the colored lettering. Good job!

indytechnerd

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Nov 17, 2008
    Here and There
    You know, Evan, I think I hate you.

I've read and reread the main points of this thread probably a half dozen times since you first put it up, and now I'm questioning my sanity.

When I got my 1st G23 in 1993, I sold it because I was broke and stupid (not necessarily in that order). When my current G23 made its way to me, I swore I wouldn't let it go again. I even sent an email out to my friends inviting them to beat me with a stick should I trade or sell this gun...

Now you come along with your "The Glock kool-aid was good for many years, but this new and improved S&W kool-aid is even better". -sigh-

What am I going to do, Evan? What. Am. I. Going. To. Do.

You're single-handedly dismantling my very belief system. Next thing you'll tell me we actually did land on the moon. :n00b:

(some or all of this post should probably be in purple)

OneBadV8

Stay Picky my Friends
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    53   0   0
    Aug 7, 2008
    Ft Wayne
    You know, Evan, I think I hate you.

I've read and reread the main points of this thread probably a half dozen times since you first put it up, and now I'm questioning my sanity.

When I got my 1st G23 in 1993, I sold it because I was broke and stupid (not necessarily in that order). When my current G23 made its way to me, I swore I wouldn't let it go again. I even sent an email out to my friends inviting them to beat me with a stick should I trade or sell this gun...

Now you come along with your "The Glock kool-aid was good for many years, but this new and improved S&W kool-aid is even better". -sigh-

What am I going to do, Evan? What. Am. I. Going. To. Do.

You're single-handedly dismantling my very belief system. Next thing you'll tell me we actually did land on the moon. :n00b:

(some or all of this post should probably be in purple)

Want to shoot one? :stickpoke:

Top Bottom