A Farewell to Arms (Why I jumped off the Glock bandwagon)

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • danielson

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 20, 2013
    Napoleon
    I always liked the baja salad. Now you have to ask for a chili salad. Not on the menu but yu can get it. Salad topped with Wendys chili. Kind of defeats the purpose.

Not going to let you derail us again. J it is time for you to abandon the Glock 19 and go 1911. Maybe I should start a thread 'Farewell To Glock, Why I Became a 1911 fanboy'.

You got a raise??? That would be a good reason to become a 1911 fanboi

IndyGlockMan

Master
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jul 19, 2011
    Fishers
    Yeah, but I found the perfect EDC for me (PPQ), but I just like metal much more.

I've been carrying my PPQ for the past few weeks and really like it. Borderline too big for carry, but I make it work.
    I'll never stop being a Glock fan boy, but the PPQ has really impressed me especially in accuracy.
    I'm really looking forward to the new Walther CCP single stack 9mm.

pinshooter45

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 1, 2009
    Indianapolis
    OK I guess someone needs to explain to me what is wrong with the M & P's trigger? I have an M&P in .40 cal and I don't have a problem with the trigger it seems fine to me. However I will admit it is a use police trade in so perhaps it's nice and broken in so to speak. Also I am used to stock triggers because I've never tried to do a trigger job on my own pistols or had one done by a smith. Now I did polish out the trigger on my Mosin and noticed a difference but my M&P seems great to me all around and I have no problem obliterating the bull and 10 ring at ranges of 15-25 feet. So someone clue me in on what's so bad about them. I also have rather large "Paws" so maybe the might also have something to do with it...

chezuki

Human
    Rating - 100%
    50   0   0
    Mar 18, 2009
    Behind Bars
    OK I guess someone needs to explain to me what is wrong with the M & P's trigger? I have an M&P in .40 cal and I don't have a problem with the trigger it seems fine to me. However I will admit it is a use police trade in so perhaps it's nice and broken in so to speak. Also I am used to stock triggers because I've never tried to do a trigger job on my own pistols or had one done by a smith. Now I did polish out the trigger on my Mosin and noticed a difference but my M&P seems great to me all around and I have no problem obliterating the bull and 10 ring at ranges of 15-25 feet. So someone clue me in on what's so bad about them. I also have rather large "Paws" so maybe the might also have something to do with it...

How you feel about M&P triggers seems to depend a lot on what you're used to. Newer shooters often find nothing wrong with them. Glock shooters often try to make them more glock like by adding a RAM for that Glock "click" on the reset.

The biggest problem I had with them was the "grittiness" which will eventually go away with use or is easily and instantly fixed with the Apex USB (come on Smith, just put these things in at the factory!!).

Top Bottom