A Farewell to Arms (Why I jumped off the Glock bandwagon)

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • RMC

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Sep 7, 2012
    McCordsville
    For simplicity, cost, ease of field stripping, etc, I like Glock. The Glock also has numerous other companies making after market accessories that can make a large impact on increasing accuracy.

thompal

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 27, 2008
    Beech Grove
    For simplicity, cost, ease of field stripping, etc, I like Glock. The Glock also has numerous other companies making after market accessories that can make a large impact on increasing accuracy.

I am constantly amazed and amused that the anti-1911 crowd says that a major disadvantage of the 1911 is that there are aftermarket items made solely to increase the accuracy of the 1911.

They then, in the same sentence, claim that one major advantage of a Glock is that there are aftermarket items made solely to increase the accuracy of the Glock.

:dunno:

CSK22

Master
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Feb 5, 2009
    Stoplight City
    interesting, enjoyed the read. I have owned XDs and Glocks, and recently rented an M&P 9 at pop guns, loved it, was easy to shoot and accurate. Perhaps you have inspired me to look into one more.

RMC

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Sep 7, 2012
    McCordsville
    I am constantly amazed and amused that the anti-1911 crowd says that a major disadvantage of the 1911 is that there are aftermarket items made solely to increase the accuracy of the 1911.

They then, in the same sentence, claim that one major advantage of a Glock is that there are aftermarket items made solely to increase the accuracy of the Glock.

:dunno:

I actually love the 1911's and I am currently looking to get a top-of-the-line Kimber, Sig, or S&W. However, I still won't give up my Glock. I paid a bit over $500 for a new Gen 4 model 35 40-cal that comes with 3 mags. I polished the trigger mechanisms myself, dropped in a Lone Wolf 9mm barrel and turned it into a tack driver that doesn't break the bank to shoot. I also got a kkm 357 sig barrel and another Lone Wolf 40 cal barrel in a trade so now I have 3 guns in one. I consider that enough of a value to overlook my general dislike of polymer pistols. Then again, the end use tends to dictate what is more practical.

spqr

Plinker
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Jun 15, 2010
    Zionsville
    I too switched from Glock but to the Springfield XD. This was a great comparison of M&P and Glock...has anyone compared M&P to XD?

Cam

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Oct 7, 2008
    Tipton County
    I too switched from Glock but to the Springfield XD. This was a great comparison of M&P and Glock...has anyone compared M&P to XD?

I don't know about a comparison like that, but I'd love to see an XD vs. Glock comparison if anyone has any opinions!

rthatchjr

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 8, 2011
    A friend of mine just bought a M&P from a member on here and I have to admit, it is a crazy accurate weapon!! Sausage fingers fit it well and it seemed very reliable!!

Black Cloud

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Oct 22, 2012
    Brownsburg
    My shooting partner has sold me on the XD-M. His drop in after-market trigger action is the nicest striker-fired trigger I've ever felt. Getting one next week, and he's gonna do the trigger.

wally05

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    42   0   0
    Dec 2, 2008

Don't listen to swampdonkey... he's just not man enough to handle the brick!

Seriously, though, I've thought about testing the full size .40 as a new duty weapon. We can use what we want, but we are issued G23s... and I don't do the best with them. A lot of snap in this package.

LuckyOne

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Jan 8, 2013
    Parke County, IN
    Thank you for a great report. This one, others like it, and just the comfort and ergonomics of the m&p compact made it my choice. And after having it out shooting a couple of times I can rest assured it was the right choice for me.

katfishinking

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 23, 2012
    southwestern ind.
    wow. now im going to have to try both of them. never really considered a glock, but im looking foreward to trying one on for size. as far as the m&p goes, I have always liked the looks of them. who knows, maybe ill end up with one of each.

WebSnyper

Time to make the chimichangas
    Rating - 100%
    64   0   0
    Jul 3, 2010
    wow. now im going to have to try both of them. never really considered a glock, but im looking foreward to trying one on for size. as far as the m&p goes, I have always liked the looks of them. who knows, maybe ill end up with one of each.

I have both, but have been a long time Glock shooter. I added a RAM to put some tactile trigger reset into the M&P, but the trigger on the M&P is still an issue for me. I'd recommend trying both, but then deciding and buying into one or the other platform rather than trying to mix and match. Just my opinion. I'm staying predominantly Glock for now, but haven't made the decision to trade/sell the M&P quite yet.

VERT

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jan 4, 2009
    Seymour
    Don't listen to swampdonkey... he's just not man enough to handle the brick!

Seriously, though, I've thought about testing the full size .40 as a new duty weapon. We can use what we want, but we are issued G23s... and I don't do the best with them. A lot of snap in this package.

If I had to carry a duty weapon and could choose any gun in .40, the Glock 35 would be high on my list.

Top Bottom