• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Harleyrider_50

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Nov 19, 2010
    So. Indiana
    Yea people don't get the fact that if this was indoors it wouldn't have changed anything. Someone argued with me about the fact they park their trailer with valuables in the garage and he should have. I can open a garage door with my foot. So not sure how that makes it anymore "secure".

:dunno:
    Well like I said......with'a new cordless stuff on'a market, can be obtained......if sumbody WANTs to......can git in da*n near anything.....

ghuns

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 22, 2011
    This story made the local news way up here in da great white nort. The had a little blurb from good ole Don, of Don's guns. He said these ain't just regular guns, these are killin guns.:nailbite:

I'm sure none of the "regular" guns from Don's store have ever killed people.:rolleyes:

Fargo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Mar 11, 2009
    In a state of acute Pork-i-docis
    Yea people don't get the fact that if this was indoors it wouldn't have changed anything. Someone argued with me about the fact they park their trailer with valuables in the garage and he should have. I can open a garage door with my foot. So not sure how that makes it anymore "secure".

Anything can be broken into with enough time/money/skill/effort, but snatching a trailer from inside a bay versus behind a closed building are simply NOT the same thing.

Among other reasons, a bay provides concealment unlike leaving your logo'd trailer-O-guns sitting out in the alleyway. It also provides for a security system alarm/cameras and the uncertainty of knowing if the building is occupied.

Parking a trailer full of guns in an alleyway overnight, with your gunshop logo on it, is simply begging for it to get lifted.

I know that Andrew and Profire appear to be good people, but I don't see how that immunizes them from criticism when they screw up?

Classic

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   1   0
    Aug 28, 2011
    Madison County
    Following the logic of much of the criticism levied toward Andrew and the Profire crew over this theft the same folks would blame a rape victim for being attractive and wearing a short skirt.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Following the logic of much of the criticism levied toward Andrew and the Profire crew over this theft the same folks would blame a rape victim for being attractive and wearing a short skirt.

That logic is somewhat sound in the fact that the shiny lure attracts more fish.

HoughMade

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Valparaiso
    By the logic some are using here, since a comitted criminal can defeat pretty much any kind of security, it wouldn't matter if the guns were left in a pile on the sidewalk- same result, right?

The truth is this: every layer of security makes stealing more difficult and lessens the chance it will happen. It may still happen, but it is less likely with greater security. It is ludicrous to suggest that a locked trailer in a locked garage is no more secure than one left outside.

I have no opinion about whether the steps taken in this case were reasonable, but the idea that it just doesn't matter is nuts.

It's almost like people are deciding who they like and then saying they can do no wrong because they're good guys or because if there is a hint of criticsm, it helps anti-gun people. Intellectually honest people do not determine what is reasonable based upon "a guy I like did it, so it must be" or "people I don't like will criticize a guy I like, so they must be wrong."

Step out of the PC "don't blame the victim" mentality and realize that victims are capable of reducing their chances of being victims (I thought that was an INGO truism).

Expat

Pdub
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Feb 27, 2010
    Michiana
    I have no opinion about whether the steps taken in this case were reasonable, but the idea that it just doesn't matter is nuts.

It's almost like people are deciding who they like and then saying they can do no wrong because they're good guys or because if there is a hint of criticsm, it helps anti-gun people. Intellectually honest people do not determine what is reasonable based upon "a guy I like did it, so it must be" or "people I don't like will criticize a guy I like, so they must be wrong."

Step out of the PC "don't blame the victim" mentality and realize that victims are capable of reducing their chances of being victims (I thought that was an INGO truism).
    Oh come on. Another truism on the INGO is there is no grey area. You have to be 100% one way or the other. So you have a choice, either he did nothing wrong or he should be criminally prosecuted. Pick a side.

printcraft

INGO Clown
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Feb 14, 2008
    Uranus
    Oh come on. Another truism on the INGO is there is no grey area. You have to be 100% one way or the other. So you have a choice, either he did nothing wrong or he should be criminally prosecuted. Pick a side.

Truth!

Fence sitting only results in butthurt.

Classic Liberal

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Apr 12, 2012
    Those of you with pitchforks and torches should be ashamed of yourselves. You are no help to the firearms community. Sickening, it is.

Hoosierdood

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Nov 2, 2010
    North of you

Apples and oranges, dude. But to play into your little way-off-base comparison... If something is precious/valuable to you, you don't advertise that it's easy pickins.

And since you gave a ridiculous analogy, I will return the favor. If I go walking down 38th street in Indy at 2:00 am with a briefcase full of money and a big sign on it that reads "Stay away! $100,000 in small bills inside!" am I innocent when I get robbed? Don't blame the victim and all.

That logic is somewhat sound in the fact that the shiny lure attracts more fish.

BINGO!

Classic

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   1   0
    Aug 28, 2011
    Madison County
    Apples and oranges, dude. But to play into your little way-off-base comparison... If something is precious/valuable to you, you don't advertise that it's easy pickins.

And since you gave a ridiculous analogy, I will return the favor. If I go walking down 38th street in Indy at 2:00 am with a briefcase full of money and a big sign on it that reads "Stay away! $100,000 in small bills inside!" am I innocent when I get robbed? Don't blame the victim and all.

BINGO!

You could be right.

Fargo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Mar 11, 2009
    In a state of acute Pork-i-docis

So rape victims arm criminals? Who would have thought!

I don't blame Profire for thieves being thieves. I do blame them for leaving light machineguns out and easily accessible to thieves.

These are items that have a consequence beyond merely enriching thieves.

Top Bottom