• ...and so much more!
  • USMC_0311

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jul 30, 2008
    Anderson
    The only facts I could find for sure was that the OPs brother had contact with an IMPD officer on the date in question, other than that's it's been hearsay:dunno:

And that has been pretty much one sided. We have been told that different version exist but nothing can be said about it. Even then, that in itself would be hearsay, right.

Eddie

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 28, 2009
    North of Terre Haute
    But their stories at least confirm the fact that the incident happened:dunno:

Could be all part of a big conspiracy. Maybe Frank and the OP are both lying. Maybe they are even in cahoots; making up this fake story about a non-existant incident for some other nefarious purpose. You can't be too suspicious where OC incidents are concerned.

Hotdoger

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 9, 2008
    Boone County, In.
    It's still hearsay. The OP heard it from his brother, and Frank heard it from a co-worker.

At least the OP posted what he heard. Frank just rattled our chains with nothing to say .

In the hearsay race Frank never made it off the starting line and the OP had a good hole shot and is winning.

thompal

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 27, 2008
    Beech Grove
    But their stories at least confirm the fact that the incident happened:dunno:

No, it is confirmed that two people claim it happened, as told by two different people who heard it from them.

The OP's brother MAY have a bias or desired outcome which might influence his nuances in the telling of the facts. Franks' co-worker obviously has a desired outcome which may influence HIS telling of the facts. We don't know that either one of them shaded their telling of it, but the fact remains that we have only heard it from 2 people who were told about it by 2 other people. There are MANY factors that could have been left out when those two people relayed it.

For example, is the OP's brother going to say something like "I was being an aggressive ass, so the officer knocked me to the ground"?

Likewise, is Frank's co-worker going to say "he was being an aggressive ass, so I knocked him down?"

I doubt either one of them would say that, although it may be closer to the truth than "There I was minding my own business, when all of a sudden WHAM, I get tackled from behind. . . . ."

It's possible that the OP's brother may have said or done something which the officer took as threatening.

It's possible that the officer greatly over-reacted.

Unless BOTH get on here, we will never have a chance to try to find out.

Hotdoger

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 9, 2008
    Boone County, In.
    No, it is confirmed that two people claim it happened, as told by two different people who heard it from them.

The OP's brother MAY have a bias or desired outcome which might influence his nuances in the telling of the facts. Franks' co-worker obviously has a desired outcome which may influence HIS telling of the facts. We don't know that either one of them shaded their telling of it, but the fact remains that we have only heard it from 2 people who were told about it by 2 other people. There are MANY factors that could have been left out when those two people relayed it.

The OP stated he talked to 3 others who witnessed the altercation.

Should that not be 2 people, 1 (Frank) heard about it from 1, while the other 1( OP) heard about it from 4 ?

LOL

USMC_0311

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jul 30, 2008
    Anderson
    The OP stated he talked to 3 others who witnessed the altercation.

Should that not be 2 people, 1 (Frank) heard about it from 1, while the other 1( OP) heard about it from 4 ?

LOL

From a harsay standpoint yes that would suggest that one hearsay is a little stonger then the other.:D

sj kahr k40

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 3, 2009
    I can see why someone would make up the story, but why would an IMPD officer lie about the situation happening, I stand by my statement that 2 independent sources have confirmed the incident took place

2ADMNLOVER

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    May 13, 2009
    West side Indy
    Now it's gonna get good. :):

Don't anyone move...and someone take notes. I'm cooking burgers but don't want to miss a thing.:D

Transcribing now .

Oh yeah , I'll have bacon , lettuce , mayo , tomato and cheese on mine please and thank you . :)

Get the OP's brother , the LEO and some gloves and lets head over to 8 seconds and watch'em duke it out .

Problem solved .

UncleMike

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 30, 2009
    NE area of IN
    Transcribing now .

Oh yeah , I'll have bacon , lettuce , mayo , tomato and cheese on mine please and thank you . :)

Get the OP's brother , the LEO and some gloves and lets head over to 8 seconds and watch'em duke it out .

Problem solved .

That's the best idea I've heard here in a long time! ;)
    I know!!!
    How about a Duel??
    Ten paces, turn and fire!!!

Oh wait......
    Those aren't legal any more.
    Pity. :dunno:

Top Bottom