• Status
    Not open for further replies.

miguel

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Oct 24, 2008
    16T
    I'll get worked up about this once I have finished reviewing Obama's transcripts and ****-face's emails...

Until then it is "your ass stinks worse than mine" -- #ALLASSESSTINK

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Notwithstanding your disatisfaction with BOTH candidates, although it would seem from your posts that you're much more disgruntled with Trump, I cannot understand the logic of not voting - if for no other reason than to help influence the appointment of several supreme court justices by the next President. Also, assuming your belief in the Second Amendment is congruent with most gun owners why would you not want to try to impact the election ?

Not voting, as a form of protest against both candidates, seems illogical to me. Granted neither is my "ideal" candidate either, but given the choice and what weighs in the balance I cannot abide staying home and not voting. I will acknowledge that the candidates have similarities that aren't very palatable, but I certainly feel one candidate has a larger list of transgressions to my way of thinking.

Out of curiosity, does this mean you will eschew voting for any of the more "local" candidates or do you plan to participate in the process for all except the presidency ?

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^This

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    The thing I took away from the article, is that he LOST $916 MILLION in a year. That's a LOT of scratch from "a highly-skilled businessman who has a fiduciary responsibility to his business, his family and his employees to pay no more tax than legally required." If it happened in 2008, like when K_W had a hit, that's one thing, but that happened to Trump in 1995. The economy was doing quite well during that time.

Warren Buffett, widely considered to be "a highly skilled businessman who has a fiduciary responsibility to his business, his family and his employees to pay no more tax than legally required"

From Warren Buffett's Biggest Losers

"Warren Buffett’s big bet on Big Blue is looking like a bigger booboo for the investing legend. He’s now lost $2.6 billion on his investment in tech giant IBM. That was an increase of nearly $600 million in the last three months of 2015 alone, and it was only one of a number of positions that lost money in Berkshire’s portfolio in 2016."

$2.6 billion in total so far, $600 million in just three months. Would you hesitate to invest in Berkshire going forward (if you could afford the A-share price of $216220)?

When we talk business we talk about profit and loss, neither is unusual

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    Question. Do you think rich people created the laws in which Trump was able to benefit so richly? That's how it play out in the minds of people.

Survey says 271 of 534 congresspersons have a net worth over $1 million (2015 figures, latest full year data) so, yeah; rich people created the laws Trump benefited from

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    You'd be correct. But apparently Trump wasn't one of those people paying for 18 years. So, it begs the question, if our rich are paying most of our taxes, but Trump was doing so bad that he could pay taxes for, again, 18 years, it doesn't paint him as all that competent a businessman.

Non Sequitur. You conclude Trump was doing badly because he paid no federal income tax

From Forbes Welcome

"As you work on your taxes this month, here’s something to raise your hackles: Some of the world’s biggest, most profitable corporations enjoy a far lower tax rate than you do–that is, if they pay taxes at all.
    The most egregious example is General Electric . Last year the conglomerate generated $10.3 billion in pretax income, but ended up owing nothing to Uncle Sam. In fact, it recorded a tax benefit of $1.1 billion. Avoiding taxes is nothing new for General Electric. In 2008 its effective tax rate was 5.3%; in 2007 it was 15%. The marginal U.S. corporate rate is 35%."

Would you also conclude that GE was doing badly?

hoosierdoc

Freed prisoner
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 27, 2011
    Galt's Gulch
    All the Democrats who want to raise the tax rates are free to pay a higher rate. Uncle sam will gladly accept donations, but they never do. They always pay the minimum they are required to. They use their itemized deductions. So did Trump. Move on.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    All the Democrats who want to raise the tax rates are free to pay a higher rate. Uncle sam will gladly accept donations, but they never do. They always pay the minimum they are required to. They use their itemized deductions. So did Trump. Move on.

And so do we all.......Bingo

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Notwithstanding your disatisfaction with BOTH candidates, although it would seem from your posts that you're much more disgruntled with Trump, I cannot understand the logic of not voting - if for no other reason than to help influence the appointment of several supreme court justices by the next President. Also, assuming your belief in the Second Amendment is congruent with most gun owners why would you not want to try to impact the election ?

Not voting, as a form of protest against both candidates, seems illogical to me. Granted neither is my "ideal" candidate either, but given the choice and what weighs in the balance I cannot abide staying home and not voting. I will acknowledge that the candidates have similarities that aren't very palatable, but I certainly feel one candidate has a larger list of transgressions to my way of thinking.

Out of curiosity, does this mean you will eschew voting for any of the more "local" candidates or do you plan to participate in the process for all except the presidency ?

I'm voting, just not for the presidency. Though, I'm toying with the option of voting for Johnson to help future third party candidates.

Vigilant

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Jul 12, 2008
    Plainfield
    So, when did YOU make your first billion? Not a billionaire? Okay, how about $10M? Not that much?

Slacker...
    Slacker? Coming from the guy who self admits to SSDI, who OBVIOUSLY isn't THAT disabled? I mean come on, you're drawing SSDI, but have time to research and post on the webz, but you CAN'T work at a job?

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    So after how many generations should the wealth these people created and passed to their families be forfeited?

If the family keeps the money in check and stays on course who cares if they are still living off of it.
    We realized some benefits from our parents estates. Not enough to live on for an extended period but a benefit all the same.
    Had it been seriously large amount we would have set up for our kids to enjoy as well.
    Family money. Period. It stays with the family.

OakRiver

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 12, 2014
    IN

hoosierdoc

Freed prisoner
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 27, 2011
    Galt's Gulch