• ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    It is such a sad thing that these 2 are all that this system can give (force) on us.

It's terrible. I'm exercising my right to not vote for either. I see no difference between Clinton nor Trump. If I wouldn't get arrested, I'd camp out on Mitch Daniel's lawn, and put up signs that said "save us."

spec4

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 19, 2010
    NWI
    ^^^^^ True, but IMO Trump has his plusses. If he gets in, the libs collective heads will explode. The GOP will never be the same, which is a good thing.

If people don't like the tax code, they can petition their representatives in Congress to change it.

1DOWN4UP

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Mar 25, 2015
    North of 30
    It makes perfect sense to blame Trump for the current tax code. It was written by politicians and he's been a politician for so long.... er, wait. Sorry, got carried away there and was thinking both candidates had been life long politicians.

Well... screw trump anyway, he has bad hair and says mean things. I'm voting for the criminal! Just think, our first woman president!! Yay!!!!!
    . It is all for the children.

bmbutch

Master
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Aug 20, 2010
    Southern Indiana
    I'm still trying to locate the part of the story where Trump allowed four Americans to die by the hand of Islamist terrorists.
    I'm still trying to locate the part of the story where Trump set up an illegal private e-mail server to conceal nefarious activity from FOIA requests.
    I'm still trying to locate the part of the story where Trump deleted 33K e-mails under subpoena, claiming that they consisted of "yoga lessons and wedding plans."
    I'm still trying to locate the part of the story where Trump used his political office as a means of enriching his own "charitable foundation."
    I'll keep looking for it, though.

Agree! While job comparisons aren't same, I've yet to find anything on Trump as despicable as Hillary's background. Note, I said as despicable.

As CM stated, sad, that these two are what we have to choose from to be POTUS.

Jludo

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 14, 2013
    Indianapolis
    To be fair, you can't make an honest comparison on job performance if one of those being compared has never had the job. You may compare Clinton's shoddy performance with other Sec of State's, and Trump to other businessmen, but you kinda can't compare the two.

woah, we don't want any of that here.

Leadeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 19, 2009
    The system has always been rigged, if you've got the cash to pay the accounting and law firms you can do a great job of minimizing your taxes. The more money you have the bigger the spread between your potential tax liability and the cost of hiring the professionals to protect you. Who do you think lobbies heavily to keep the system this way? Law and accounting firms pay big to keep tax law complex.

Always follow the money

Last edited:

pudly

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    Nov 12, 2008
    Undisclosed
    I lost $10,000 in the 2008 crash... I was only allowed to deduct $3000 a year for 3 years.

If he really did lose it and the law allows him to use the loss against taxes, so be it.

Don't hate the player... hate the game.

The Times really misleads with "legally avoid paying any federal income taxes for up to 18 years". That was a poor restatement of IRS rules of the time- you could claim credits against 3 years of back-dated returns and 15 years of forward returns. Any profits beyond those credits would be taxed normally.

david890

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 1, 2014
    Bloomington
    The Times really misleads with "legally avoid paying any federal income taxes for up to 18 years". That was a poor restatement of IRS rules of the time- you could claim credits against 3 years of back-dated returns and 15 years of forward returns. Any profits beyond those credits would be taxed normally.

But we'll never know, as Scrotie McBoogerface won't release his tax records. Remember, he did NOT deny paying taxes during the debate.

I'm less concerned about him using that loophole than his current business ties to Russia and China. No US bank will lend to him, given his past performance.

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    I'm not talking about Clinton. She has her own issues. Sure, Trump may have been completely legal in his tax returns. But that's not the point. The struggling American, working day to day to make ends meet, is going to look at this as "proof," that the system is rigged in favor of the rich, who can lose damn near a billion dollars, and still live an incredibly lavish lifestyle. It, of course, won't change the mind of die-hard Trump supporters, but to the undecided voters, it's another chip off the rock.
    All perfectly legal, and all equally possible for anyone with the necessary skills and drive to go into business and build a business empire the size of Trump's. As it was stated upthread, don't hate the player, hate the game. The ones screaming the loudest will no doubt be the ones believing that nobody has the right to be that rich. The smarter ones will be asking themselves, "What do I have to do to achieve that level of success?" instead of asking how much free stuff they can get for doing nothing.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    All perfectly legal, and all equally possible for anyone with the necessary skills and drive to go into business and build a business empire the size of Trump's. As it was stated upthread, don't hate the player, hate the game. The ones screaming the loudest will no doubt be the ones believing that nobody has the right to be that rich. The smarter ones will be asking themselves, "What do I have to do to achieve that level of success?" instead of asking how much free stuff they can get for doing nothing.

Question. Do you think rich people created the laws in which Trump was able to benefit so richly? That's how it play out in the minds of people.

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    Question. Do you think rich people created the laws in which Trump was able to benefit so richly? That's how it play out in the minds of people.

Oh most assuredly, but as I said, there is nothing (short of some kind of disability) that keeps anyone from becoming rich IF they have the drive and desire and are willing to take the personal risks to do so. Remember "pet rocks" back in the 70's? That made someone a millionaire... from selling rocks. It can be done. What I hear constantly though, is a bunch of whining about how "unfair" it is. Well? Life ain't fair. Learn to play the game, stay within the rules, take the risks and then people can complain about YOU (not you personally, but the generic "you").

ruger1800

Master
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Apr 24, 2010
    Indiana
    I lost $10,000 in the 2008 crash... I was only allowed to deduct $3000 a year for 3 years.

If he really did lose it and the law allows him to use the loss against taxes, so be it.

Don't hate the player... hate the game.

was this loss related to stocks, mutual funds,LLC

Carey

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 1, 2016
    Mentone
    I can't believe people are so worried about Trump and whether or not he pays taxes. What about all the crimes that Hillary has committed? And yet she is still able to keep running?

pudly

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    Nov 12, 2008
    Undisclosed
    I can't believe people are so worried about Trump and whether or not he pays taxes. What about all the crimes that Hillary has committed? And yet she is still able to keep running?

Some are more worried about the legal things that Trump has done than Hillary's multiple felonies committed over the course of decades.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom