• Status
    Not open for further replies.

Vigilant

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Jul 12, 2008
    Plainfield
    David, I'm guessing you work for either the government or a public funded entity like IU. There's no possible way you're self employed. Small businesses create 64% of all new jobs.

you are exactly right. With the current anti-business and anti-wealth sentiment out there by the left it is surprising anyone is willing to take the personal risk and open a business or expand an existing one. So much regulation and forced compliance to healthcare laws, absurd taxation, risk of lawsuit. Thank you for acknowledging the awful state of affairs the left has created for businessmen in America :cheers:
    Based on prior posts about SSDI, he's working for the taxpayer, or against him whichever outlook you choose to take?

foszoe

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jun 2, 2011
    There was a time pre-Walmart when we had specialty stores. Guess what? They employed people too. Did Walmart create jobs? Good jobs? I'd say....nah. They just squeezed a water balloon. Same amount of water/different shape.

But, cops spend more time on the job at Walmart due to their problems than they did with Mom&Pop.

And then, there's always all those swell folks that show up at Walmart to shop.

48.jpg

Which Walmart was that taken? I think it's one of my relatives or maybe a cousin...

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    The top 1% pay more in income tax than the bottom 90%.

I am done ever again tolerating anyone whine and complain about the rich and taxes. They are the ONLY ones who pay them. Tens of millions actually MAKE money on April 15

double posted, apparently for effect

I completely agree with the general sentiment. But I wouldn't say the rich are the ONLY ones who pay them. Rich people are the real bread and butter of the US treasury's revenue. Rich people drive the economy more than I do. But, I do pay taxes and that's not without pain.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    I completely agree with the general sentiment. But I wouldn't say the rich are the ONLY ones who pay them. Rich people are the real bread and butter of the US treasury's revenue. Rich people drive the economy more than I do. But, I do pay taxes and that's not without pain.

Agreed. One could ask, what the effect is, on those person's that pay most of taxes. Is it equally a burden upon them, as it is people not so wealthy? I can certainly see the argument for a taxes, that differs, but effects all persons equally.

AmmoManAaron

Master
    Rating - 100%
    37   0   0
    Feb 20, 2015
    I-get-around
    Agreed. One could ask, what the effect is, on those person's that pay most of taxes. Is it equally a burden upon them, as it is people not so wealthy? I can certainly see the argument for a taxes, that differs, but effects all persons equally.

Sounds like a flat percentage tax rate with no deductions for anything is what you are looking for. A 12% annual rate for me is just as painful as 12% is for Bill Gates, but the actual $ amount paid by each of us would be vastly different.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Sounds like a flat percentage tax rate with no deductions for anything is what you are looking for. A 12% annual rate for me is just as painful as 12% is for Bill Gates, but the actual $ amount paid by each of us would be vastly different.

how about a consumption tax? Solves any and all inequities... Bonus for getting rid of income tax.

CHCRandy

Master
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Feb 16, 2013
    Hendricks County
    how about a consumption tax? Solves any and all inequities... Bonus for getting rid of income tax.

By consumption tax do you mean you are taxed on what you buy? If so...I have always thought that would be a good idea. Nothing withheld out of your check but SSI. Of course, SSI is a big burden to us all...and twice as bad if you are self-employed.

foszoe

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jun 2, 2011

Absolutely. Gives me total control over my taxation AND greatly increases the spending power of my mattresses.

david890

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 1, 2014
    Bloomington
    A 12% annual rate for me is just as painful as 12% is for Bill Gates, but the actual $ amount paid by each of us would be vastly different.

I guarantee you that Bill Gates could lose 90% of his money today, and his quality of life wouldn't change one iota. He has everything he needs or wants; anything else is just frosting on top of more frosting.

A 12% tax on someone earning slightly above the federal poverty level puts them BELOW that poverty level. 12% on Bill Gates changes nothing in his life. Yes, the absolute amount paid differs greatly, but there isn't a comparable effect on quality of life.

Gate has already given away something like $25B in donations over the years, but he's still the richest man in the world. At some point, wealth begins to generate wealth, with generates even more wealth.

phylodog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Mar 7, 2008
    Arcadia
    Gate has already given away something like $25B in donations over the years, but he's still the richest man in the world.

Which apparently qualifies him to be a victim of theft according to you and those in your party.

Again, it's none of your ****ing business how much money the man has. If it was earned while complying with the law then you aren't entitled to a nickel of it and neither is anyone else. Trying to legitimize theft is unbelievable.

When giving away $25,000,000,000.00 isn't enough we have a major, major issue.

Last edited:

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish

I'm not convinced on the consumption tax, although I do think it is inherently fairer than income tax. I'd rather see everyone have skin in the game than only the top 70% earners. I'm sure it wouldn't take long to have carve-outs. To make it fairer, food products would be exempted. Then of course we want to keep the green industrial complex going so we'll exempt them. Then medicine. Women's birth control. Junkies' needles. It's impossible to prevent people from social engineering through tax code.

I guarantee you that Bill Gates could lose 90% of his money today, and his quality of life wouldn't change one iota. He has everything he needs or wants; anything else is just frosting on top of more frosting.

A 12% tax on someone earning slightly above the federal poverty level puts them BELOW that poverty level. 12% on Bill Gates changes nothing in his life. Yes, the absolute amount paid differs greatly, but there isn't a comparable effect on quality of life.

Gate has already given away something like $25B in donations over the years, but he's still the richest man in the world. At some point, wealth begins to generate wealth, with generates even more wealth.

So what? Why is a marginal tax rate system "fairer" than a flat rate system, or a system based on services consumed? I was disappointed that you didn't comment on that in the other thread. If Gates earned his money fairly, then why does that even matter?

So what about this? Since rich people contribute so disproportionately more to the national treasury, shouldn't they get more say-so than you or I in how it is spent? If it is a societal responsibility for rich people, society's givers, to fund the government, what is the societal responsibility for takers? Just to consume and vote for Democrats?

Vigilant

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Jul 12, 2008
    Plainfield
    Which apparently qualifies him to be a victim of theft according to you and those in your party.

Again, it's none of your ****ing business how much money the man has. If it was earned while complying with the law then you aren't entitled to a nickel of it and neither is anyone else. Trying to legitimize theft is unbelievable.

When giving away $25,000,000,000.00 isn't enough we have a major, major issue.
    Is this where you get called a racist?

Alpo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 23, 2014
    Indy Metro Area
    None of which have anything to do with Trump losing almost a billion dollars....but, it's always good to pick on the poor and/or black people and/or LGBT.

pudly

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    Nov 12, 2008
    Undisclosed
    None of which have anything to do with Trump losing almost a billion dollars....but, it's always good to pick on the poor and/or black people and/or LGBT.

Yeah. We get it. We are deplorable and Trump is horrible for paying what he owed in taxes.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011

Funny how threads end up trending that way, 'eh?

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom