• Status
    Not open for further replies.

hoosierdoc

Freed prisoner
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 27, 2011
    Galt's Gulch
    That's weird, maybe I'm doing my taxes wrong but I've never listed net worth or my richiness on my return. Perhaps I should fire my accountant before I go to jail for tax fraud.

http://www.nytimes.com/interactive/2016/05/18/us/politics/trump-financial-disclosure.html

Because he's not as rich as he makes himself out to be... and while he's probably done nothing illegal with regards to how much tax he pays, it would reflect poorly in the minds of the average voter that sees that he possibly pays less tax than they do.

I guess we can close the thread now

HoughMade

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Valparaiso
    That's weird, maybe I'm doing my taxes wrong but I've never listed net worth or my richiness on my return. Perhaps I should fire my accountant before I go to jail for tax fraud...

I guess i have a call to make too. I've even taken a business loss on my taxes that was spread over 2 years. I'm a frickin freeloader.

Vigilant

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Jul 12, 2008
    Plainfield
    As far as I can tell... According to liberal logic... Anyone taking a deduction, is a tax cheat. That would include those poor folks getting the "earned income tax credit"... Deductions for dependents. Mortgage interest deduction. Hell... Why not include a 401k, or ROTH IRA... All of which help individuals escape taxes.

You see, when you don't actually PAY TAXES, you forget that you too take advantage of the laws.
    That makes me a cheatin'ass fool, but I am STILL PAYING, trying my bestest to reduce my portion to the non-producers, as long as I earn an honest dollar, I will pay $.30 to keep it out of the takers' hands! As evidenced earlier, it is a disease, and many are inflicted. The first symptoms are thinking it's ok to take from a doer, and give to a do not.

david890

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 1, 2014
    Bloomington
    You'd be shocked how many asymptomatic people have abnormal MRIs, similar or worse to yours.

No, I wouldn't. I have a copy of an MRI from 1998 that shows an obvious bulge at L5/S1. That didn't begin to express itself until 2000, before finally rupturing in 2001. Up to the week before the rupture, I was jogging 10K every other day.

an MRI finding doesn't do a whole lot for you as far as proving you have pain.

True, but my overall history suggests otherwise. No one - not me, not you - can "prove" pain, nor provide a reasonable scale by which you can compare your pain to mine. I would say I tend to do better than most with extreme acute pain, as I've driven myself to the ER almost every time I've had a kidney stone. It's the lesser, chronic pain that is causing me problems.

I see you had a fusion, I always wonder why surgery if the result is a lifetime of pain meds.

Surgery with fusion was deemed best at the moment, given the potential for further damage.

You have seen that you are still functioning despite lack of opioids.

Functional? Barely.

I assume you were seeing Tristan Stonger for pain meds, someone I felt should have been shut down long ago. Did you feel dirty walking into his office? I'm assuming the clientele were the type who would abuse narcotics.

Yes, it was Stonger. He and I got along quite well. I underwent several facet injections, as well as steroids for a bad shoulder. Never felt Stonger had anything but my interests in mind. Don't know what pushed him over the edge, but I do know he was seeing a VA therapist regularly. He was on a Lancer during Gulf Storm.

David, INGO is a very accepting place. You have come here and railed against individual liberty and private property rights, you demand that things be taken from others simply because they have them. The reason people are coming down on you is because you have such animosity towards the successful as you draw income from them. It's a complete double standard. I have patients who are paraplegic with jobs. One of them has two jobs.

I don't have animosity toward success. I have animosity over EXTREME wealth; the kind that no one could possibly spend in 10 lifetimes without making outrageous purchases (e.g., Paul Allen's 400' yacht). Especially for those who possess wealth that they played ZERO part in creating.

If you could find a way to get gainful employment you would feel so much better and your life would likely be significantly better.

Easier said than done.

I tell all of my "disabled" patients that don't appear outwardly disabled, that disability doesn't have to be a lifestyle choice. If you want to push through it there are paths out there.

So, what do you tell your morbidly obese patients? "Lose the fat, tubby! Push through! GET 'ER DONE!!!"

Easier said than done. Simply using a broom to sweep my kitchen brings on pain like you wouldn't believe; it's as bad as some of the kidney stones I've had. The slight stooping is enough to cause SIGNIFICANT pain.

I've been dealing with this pain since 1988, when I had my first rupture. Having 2 bulging discs and another rupture in one year didn't help things. I've been to a LOT of doctors in 28 years, so I'm pretty well versed on my condition and the alternatives.

Fizzerpilot

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 28, 2016
    Avon
    Anyone who can legally navigate the IRS in order to pay little, or no taxes... Is a hero in my book. Those who don't pay taxes due to lack of production, not so much. Especially when those who are exempt from taxes, demand that everyone else pay more.

Of course they think that way... Of course. It's like a child in a toy isle... Daddy, can I please have that RC copter?! Sure, if you buy it for yourself. No way, that's not fair! You have more money than I do! Yeah, I am more educated, and go to a job sometimes, you don't. Instead of telling me that I have too much, why don't you think about how you can achieve the same success... Then you don't have to ask me to do it for you?

phylodog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Mar 7, 2008
    Arcadia
    I don't have animosity toward success. I have animosity over EXTREME wealth; the kind that no one could possibly spend in 10 lifetimes without making outrageous purchases (e.g., Paul Allen's 400' yacht). Especially for those who possess wealth that they played ZERO part in creating.

So it's a combination of jealousy, a sense of entitlement and zero concept of the freedoms this country offers (so long as your heroes aren't in charge).

Check.

What exactly has your girl Hillary done again to earn millions since she left the White House broke?

Vigilant

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Jul 12, 2008
    Plainfield
    To add to that, you're really gonna hate this one, I am trying my damndest to get to the EXTREME wealth category, and one day I will get near there. Right now, I'm not there, or near there, but, I also am lazy a couple days a week. If I worked five days, the takers would just eat the earnings, so after I hit the yearly nut, a sort of relax mode kicks in. I have it figured out to m-w most weeks, and I get to keep more than you get to take.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    So it's a combination of jealousy, a sense of entitlement and zero concept of the freedoms this country offers (so long as your heroes aren't in charge).

Check.

What exactly has your girl Hillary done again to earn millions since she left the White House broke?

Uh....she robbed the white house bare.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Nuh uh....she boo hooed about leaving the White House in debt. Guess her and hubby made millions working their butts off "talking".

Dead broke my A$$.......8 years of having everything you need paid for and getting paid on top of that.............I call Bravo Sierra.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom