• ...and so much more!
  • Mr Evilwrench

Quantum Mechanic
    Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 18, 2011
    Carmel
    "Letting" yourself degenerate to this point implies that you understand "this point" and that you're degenerating to it. That can't be acceptable to someone in a civilized society. If you understand it, then it's infinitely worse than if you degenerate to this point without understanding it. In any case, people like this cannot be tolerated. As much as some would like to be tolerant, understanding, or whatever, they're living in denial if they can't take someone like this and snuff him out. Comfort has its expense.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    He needs to be left out in the general population in what ever prison he lands in. He will not live very long. They have a way of dealing with these people. Just drop him off.
    I agree in a way with 7th stepper. Just do not put him in solitary or a secured cell. Bunkhouse dorm open floor light security. That will be his hell on this earth.

Paco Bedejo

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 23, 2009
    Fort Wayne
    Highlighted the main point of interest. So.... should I pity him? Should I feel sorry for him? Why? Because he lives in a trailer park? Screw that, I lived in a trailer park as a kid and I know the types of which you speak. I've lived among them and yet I haven't killed and dismembered any children. I know the difference between right and wrong, just like 99% of the human beings on the face of this earth.

Life sucks, it sucks worse for some more than others no doubt but everyone has their demons and problems to deal with. Taking the life of an innocent child is without exception evil beyond understanding. There are undoubtedly many more like him out there, make him pay accordingly, put it on display and perhaps, just perhaps, one of those degenerates will think twice before following this scumbags lead.

Call me disgusting if you wish, hell, I'll wear a T-shirt proudly proclaiming it in this instance. If you're expecting people to have mercy on someone who would do something of this nature I'm afraid you'll find yourself in an awfully small club. Sprain your elbow patting yourself on the back for being holier than thou if you wish but I'll lose no sleep jumping in with both feet the club of those hoping this man pays and pays dearly for what he has done.

You've missed my point... Everyone is so quick to assume he must be some sort of animal who's outside the human race. Until a week ago, he was a trusted family friend the children called "uncle". My point is that it's much more constructive & honest to admit that we're all capable of such things, ultimately, and that our society needs to prevent people from staying on the fringes too long, if we truly wish to stop such "evil". When you dehumanize people & push them to the fringes, don't be surprised when they act like animals (not that it's anywhere near an excuse). :twocents:

IndianaSigma

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 18, 2011
    Huntington, IN
    You've missed my point... Everyone is so quick to assume he must be some sort of animal who's outside the human race. Until a week ago, he was a trusted family friend the children called "uncle". My point is that it's much more constructive & honest to admit that we're all capable of such things, ultimately, and that our society needs to prevent people from staying on the fringes too long, if we truly wish to stop such "evil". When you dehumanize people & push them to the fringes, don't be surprised when they act like animals (not that it's anywhere near an excuse). :twocents:

While I understand your point, I also want to point out that he wasn't pushed to anything nor was he dehumanized UNTIL he committed such a heinous crime. Having children myself, I'm not capable of this. If I were really that stressed and angry, I wouldn't hurt an innocent child. I don't understand the mentality of these people. Even the people that murder people, then take their own life. Why not just leave the other people be and take your own life? What good does it do them to harm other people?

phylodog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Mar 7, 2008
    Arcadia

No. No. No.

It is not society's problem or failure. It is not society's responsibility to keep people from acting like animals. I guarantee there are thousands out there who have had it worse and will continue to but they won't murder a child.

There are no excuses. There is no shared blame. There is nothing you could tell me about that man which would persuade me to feel the slightest bit of empathy for him. He brutally murdered and dismembered a child.

lrahm

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 17, 2011
    Newburgh
    No. No. No.

It is not society's problem or failure. It is not society's responsibility to keep people from acting like animals. I guarantee there are thousands out there who have had it worse and will continue to but they won't murder a child.

There are no excuses. There is no shared blame. There is nothing you could tell me about that man which would persuade me to feel the slightest bit of empathy for him. He brutally murdered and dismembered a child.

They know right from wrong. Most behavior is learned behavior or from a reaction during childhood development. I agree with your response.

Paco Bedejo

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 23, 2009
    Fort Wayne
    No. No. No.

They know right from wrong. Most behavior is learned behavior or from a reaction during childhood development. I agree with your response.

So... He got screwed up early in life, but didn't do anything terrible for 30+ years? Society doesn't have a vested interest in trying to keep/bring people in from the fringes? :n00b:

Some pig the world views expressed by members on this site scare me...

IndianaSigma

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 18, 2011
    Huntington, IN
    So... He got screwed up early in life, but didn't do anything terrible for 30+ years? Society doesn't have a vested interest in trying to keep/bring people in from the fringes? :n00b:

Some pig the world views expressed by members on site me...

Actually, he has a criminal record in Florida and North Carolina that includes convictions for trespassing and assault.

You are responsible for helping yourself. No one else is responsible for you if you are an adult. If you have problems, seek help.....if you need counseling, sign up for it.

Paco Bedejo

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 23, 2009
    Fort Wayne
    Actually, he has a criminal record in Florida and North Carolina that includes convictions for trespassing and assault.

And that's a far cry from this situation. Do we need indefinite detention for every trespasser & assaulter?... I'm sure a significant portion of this site's members did such things as teenagers, or as young adults in bars...they just didn't get caught.

You are responsible for helping yourself. No one else is responsible for you if you are an adult. If you have problems, seek help.....if you need counseling, sign up for it.

And if any one person shirks this responsibility & degenerates to a certain point, the kids will go ahead & take the brunt of their issues... :n00b:

I'm not saying "do it for the kids"...I'm saying that society (**not government**) has a vested interest in pulling their heads out of their arses & working as a community to help & support people on the fringes. You'll never be able to help all of them, but our current sex offender laws, at least, create entire communities of fringe-people:

Florida housing sex offenders under bridge - CNN

This sort of thing, as a society, is like building a farm in which humans turn into animals...

Sad...

phylodog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Mar 7, 2008
    Arcadia

"Having an interest in" and "bearing responsibility for" are two completely different animals. If you want to go out on your own time and try to help those living in that trailer park to better themselves, knock yourself out. You won't hear me saying anything negative about that. There might even be a 2% chance that you'd make a difference to someone in there. The majority of them are there due to the decisions they've made in their lives.

To suggest that society bears even the slightest bit of responsibility for what this guy did is ridiculous. I don't care what he has experienced in his life. He knew what he was doing was wrong. He knew it the moment the thought entered his mind. He chose to do it anyway, he did, not society.

I'm sick of excuses. Once you're an adult you become 100% responsible for your actions. It doesn't matter if Mommy didn't hug you enough as a child.

phylodog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Mar 7, 2008
    Arcadia
    And that's a far cry from this situation. Do we need indefinite detention for every trespasser & assaulter?... I'm sure a significant portion of this site's members did such things as teenagers, or as young adults in bars...they just didn't get caught.

And if any one person shirks this responsibility & degenerates to a certain point, the kids will go ahead & take the brunt of their issues... :n00b:

I'm not saying "do it for the kids"...I'm saying that society (**not government**) has a vested interest in pulling their heads out of their arses & working as a community to help & support people on the fringes. You'll never be able to help all of them, but our current sex offender laws, at least, create entire communities of fringe-people:

Or maybe those sex offenders put themselves in that situation? Maybe? Sex offenses are only wrong because there is a law against it?

Florida housing sex offenders under bridge - CNN

This sort of thing, as a society, is like building a farm in which humans turn into animals...

Sad...

Amazing how a little self control and a mildly appropriate decision or two will keep you out of the fringes of society.

DragonGunner

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 14, 2010
    N. Central IN

The only thread on here that scares me is yours.

May it never be your child that this happens too.

Paco Bedejo

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 23, 2009
    Fort Wayne
    Wow...totally missing the point. I'm making no excuses & not transferring responsibility to others. I'm already bending over backwards to help people involved in the case (you can probably guess my contribution if you're paying attention).

The child I'm adopting is out of the foster system & we suspect similar, but obviously-lesser evils may have happened to him.

I'm not proposing that we coddle & baby the people who put themselves into such fringe situations. I'm suggesting that we, as a whole, stop pushing them to the fringes where they fester with other "fringed" people. I know full well that it's most often their choices which place them there...but statuses such as "felon" "sex offender" & simply being poor, lazy, or physically-infirm will more-often drive them closer to doing bad than good.

I have a cousin who is a felon (pill-addict, petty theft, & bad lawyer...so she claims) & she's having a VERY difficult time getting up onto her feet w/out gravitating toward similar people she met in the "system". We do what we can, but she ends up becoming co-dependent on less than savory people. I have a brother-in-law who OD'd about 5 years ago who was in a similar situation. Our society makes it very difficult (though far from impossible) to reintegrate after making stupid choices...to society's detriment, as this situation illustrates, IMO.

They really should drop a bomb on that whole trailer park full of sex offenders

You think it's only sex offenders there? How stupid can a person be?

Last edited:

TMU317

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 2, 2011
    Indy
    Wow...totally missing the point. I'm making no excuses & not transferring responsibility to others. I'm already bending over backwards to help people involved in the case (you can probably guess my contribution if you're paying attention).

The child I'm adopting is out of the foster system & we suspect similar, but obviously-lesser evils may have happened to him.

I'm not proposing that we coddle & baby the people who put themselves into such fringe situations. I'm suggesting that we, as a whole, stop pushing them to the fringes where they fester with other "fringed" people. I know full well that it's most often their choices which place them there...but statuses such as "felon" "sex offender" & simply being poor, lazy, or physically-infirm will more-often drive them closer to doing bad than good.

I have a cousin who is a felon (pill-addict, petty theft, & bad lawyer...so she claims) & she's having a VERY difficult time getting up onto her feet w/out gravitating toward similar people she met in the "system". We do what we can, but she ends up becoming co-dependent on less than savory people. I have a brother-in-law who OD'd about 5 years ago who was in a similar situation. Our society makes it very difficult (though far from impossible) to reintegrate after making stupid choices...to society's detriment, as this situation illustrates, IMO.

So because our society makes it difficult to reintegrate after making stupid choices, this man made a conscious decision to beat a 9 year old child to death and then dismember her body? Your last sentence seems to be an attempt to transfer responsibility, IMO. You can label me whatever you want, force me to live wherever you want, and I will NEVER do anything like this man did.

lrahm

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 17, 2011
    Newburgh

Odds are that you are a product of where you came from. Domestic violence breeds domestic violence, sexual predators are usually a victim of the same violence. I could go on. Not everyone in a trailor is trapped there forever. I applaud people who come from poverty type back grounds and make something out of their life.

As far as his life, it appears that he has has several run-ins of the same type (child predator). This time something went horribly wrong. Don't blame society, I would be reasonably sure that he received plenty of chances for help. The only problem is that with many psycological problems is that he would have wanted help to begin with.

I would also reasonably sure that the members here who stated that they would like to "skin him alive" or "set fire to him" are expressing their anger over the loss of the child and the acts committed. I doubt seriously if they were placed in a room with him if they would actually pull a trigger. People here are into self preservation not mutilation. The threads I have seen here are from decent people wanting to protect their rights to possess firearms.

I would just like to see justice done. Did his parents cause this? Did his psycologist miss something? Did several of the judges just not give him a stiff enough sentence to reform him? I don't know.

lrahm

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 17, 2011
    Newburgh
    The only thread on here that scares me is yours.

Amen to this. Children can't defend themselves. They view everything that a grown up says is the truth. They trust people (too much). At early ages, they don't know right from wrong. They don't know who to turn to. They think that what a grown up does is normal. It's up to us as parents to teach them correctly. To be involved with them.

lrahm

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 17, 2011
    Newburgh

You think it's only sex offenders there? How stupid can a person be?

One of decent thing I have seen come out of a liberal society is that if a person wants help, they can get it.

I really truely wish you the best in the child you are adopting.

mainjet

Master
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 22, 2009
    Lowell
    Choices, choices, choices... Throughout life we make choices and we are taught right from wrong. We have an inherent ability to know right fom wrong. We learn it in every aspect of our lives - School, society norms, news, laws, etc.

When you do wrong you go through the system. That system is designed to tell what is right and wrong about what you did. It is also designed to give you chance after chance to make proper choices. However, those choices of conduct are ultimately YOURS to choose. They are not your parents or your friends. They are your choices and he has been given many yet he made the choice to continue the evil. In fact, he was given so many chances that he ultimately was able to make another choice which was to brutely murder a child and destroy many lives.

He knew right from wrong and that becomes clear as you see that he hid what he had done. This shows that he knows it is wrong.

Each of those people that you, Paco Bedejo, have listed make the choice to continue to do wrong. Oprah and others tell us that there should be others to blame also. This helps people making bad decisions continue to make bad decisions and try to share the blame with someone else.

There is a child predator that moved in down the street from me. I know this because I put myself on the notification list. He moved in right next to a family with children. Also, there is a law tha says they cannot be closer than 1000 feet of a school. Well, he lives abot 1200 feet of an elementary school. Do you think for one second that I am taking my eye off of him? No sir! And nobody is going to make me feel bad about it. Because he makes choices and those choices prove what he will do given the chance.

I and my wife were also looking to adopt. We are fine to adopt children with certain needs but not with other type of behavioral problems. Because I have 3 biological children in my home I will not adopt or foster a child of a certain age with certain problems. The reason is, I believe I have a God given responsibility to those that already live in my home not to put them into a dangerous situation. It's not that I don't care about those other children it's just that they do not fit into my family structure. Placement agencies would agree.

Consiquenses that are sure is the only thing that helps people in a society to make better choices. You do "A" you get "B". But we have so watered it down that a person can do "A" time and time again without receiving "B" because they have an excuse. Until one day they go way over the line because they are used to not getting the consiquences for their choices. At that point they have made a choice to destroy not only their life but others around them.

Choices....

Top Bottom