• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • DragonGunner

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 14, 2010
    N. Central IN
    Good job to the Police. I wonder what they know that we don't yet...? 16 child molesters living in that trailer park. I "think" I heard on the news that the killer was good friends with the mother an her dad, an the dad was also a previous child molester. Still not saying anything about his motive, 3 young girls staying a week with this guy in a trailer park full of molesters....an the way she was mutilated sounds like maybe an attempt to hide evidence of molestation....?....I'm sure the police are looking into this....I hope.

DragonGunner

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 14, 2010
    N. Central IN
    I don't disagree with due process. It's important.
    What I waffle about is the "presumption of innocence" after a detailed confession that was not coerced, followed by leading investigators to all the places where pieces of body were tossed.
    To that, I would say; "Good bye, presumption of innocence...hello, Indiana death penalty."
    Maybe that makes me horrible. Or maybe it makes me a good kind of neighbor to have. I don't know where that line is.
    If a rabid dog says "hey, I'm rabid and I just shredded one of your neighborhood kids and there's no guarantee I won't do it again first chance I get"...do you leash him and say "c'mon, boy...let's take a walk and discuss it"?
    Or does he get put down?

Bah.
    I can't talk about this anymore. My stomach hurts and I may just hurl.

I agree, an I'm sure you would agree with me as long as the guilty get justice thats what we want. The "killer" confessed.....but there have been cases I'm sure where someone confessed but didn't do it. Let the evidence back the confession, make sure no one else is involved. Its not likely, but lets make sure we got the right rabid dog everytime.....then shoot em.

navarre1095

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 23, 2010
    Meth Vernon
    One or two of these on the town square would make a difference in how often this happens don't you think?
    url

Indyhd

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Jan 12, 2010
    Noblesville
    There is a lot more to this. Previous offender convictions. The PD is being very careful to handle this so there are no mistakes.

I hope they take their time to get it right before going to trial. Look at what happened with OJ when the DA thought it was a slam dunk conviction. :xmad:

lrahm

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 17, 2011
    Newburgh
    I hope they take their time to get it right before going to trial. Look at what happened with OJ when the DA thought it was a slam dunk conviction. :xmad:

Unlike CSI on TV, it will take several months to get any type of results back from their lab (does FW do their own DNA). More than likely they will have to send it to the FBI. He can ask for a speedy trial if he wishes. That could possibly set up a plea deal. I hope the prosecutors office would turn that down. With things the way they are, I would bet the trial would not go until at least summer or beyond. Both sides are usually granted a continuance. I would be sure that the state would take their time in getting everything right.

Remember O.J. didn't confess. and show the police where everything was.

I have sat in on several cases and they sometimes call in deputy prosecutors because they have experience in murder cases. Their abilities are far better than the normal traffic court prosecutor. From what I've read, it looks pretty good. Best wishes to them. We should keep all of them in our thoughts.

Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana
    Remember O.J. didn't confess

No, but darn near.

and show the police where everything was.

No, but Mark Fuhrman found it.

Anywho, OJ did not have body parts in his fridge. What is reported so far points to a strong state's case.

He can ask for a speedy trial if he wishes.

What Irahm is talking about is that a criminal defendant can move for a "speedy trial" if incarcerated and have his trial within 70 days. The 70 days can be extended under certain circumstances (e.g. lab results).

printcraft

INGO Clown
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Feb 14, 2008
    Uranus
    If it were my world he would receive thousands upon thousands of slowly applied 1/8" deep cuts with a razor blade over every square inch of his body before being suspended up to his mouth in rubbing alcohol until he expires.

That sounds completely unreasonable............

The alcohol should be lit on fire first.

I'll bring the popcorn.

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    What about making a small incision on the bottom of the foot. Then you can use tweesors to peel small layers of skin off the bottom of the foot.

kedie

Master
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jun 5, 2008
    Southeast of disorder.
    I try to keep myself from getting caught up in the court of public opinion, but it's hard not to on this one. This scumbags punishment should be so severe that Josef Mengele would find it disturbing.

Paco Bedejo

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 23, 2009
    Fort Wayne
    I see a lot of you primally-anxious to dehumanize this guy. You seem all-too-willing to ignore the fact that EVERYONE is capable of this sort of thing, if they let themselves degenerate to a certain point, whether by drugs, improper focus of thoughts, crime, etc.

It's a very sad situation & doesn't make a whole lot of sense. It also saddens me that so many are willing to curtail civil behavior to "put down this dog". The kids grew up in that trailer park & the "community" there is like a family. I've driven past that place to & from work and to & from lunch M-F for the past 3.5 years (~3500 times). More often than not, I say a prayer for those who live there, knowing full-well that it is one of Fort Wayne's places of last resort. It's far enough from parks & schools & is cheap enough to be a sex offender magnet. The families who find themselves there either won't seek help or have been rejected by many people with the same indignant attitudes displayed in this thread. Most people are only concerned with their little circles of family & close friends and totally ignore the people outside those tiny circles...let alone people such as these on the fringes of society.

TL;DR - The dehumanizing indignation in this thread is cheap, weak, & disgusting. :twocents:

mainjet

Master
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 22, 2009
    Lowell
    TL;DR - The dehumanizing indignation in this thread is cheap, weak, & disgusting. :twocents:

No one is more dehumanizing than someone that would take a 9 y.o. little girl, bludgen her to death with a brick and then cut off her HEAD, HANDS and FEET with a hacksaw. Then proceed to put the poor little girls head, hands and feet in to zip lock bags and place them in thetrailer somewhere. Then he put the TORSO of a little 9 Y.O. little girl somewhere else.

GOD HELP US ALL. BUT GOD HELP THIS GUY IF HE GETS TO JUDGEMENT DAY WITHOUT ACCEPTING CHRIST AS HIS SAVIOUR AND ASKING FOR FORGIVENESS.

God does not take kindly to those that hurt children. In fact, prison inmates do not take kindly to those that hurt children.

I take your point about praying for the people there and I agree with a lot of your post. But once you do something like that - something of that magnitude and that horrific your done in my book because I cannot know your heart and God will have to know the true feelings in your heart if you are truley seeking forgiveness.

IMHO - when you do THAT, there is no chance of rehabilitation or forgiveness here on this earth and in society by man. It would be better that a millstone be tied around his neck and dropped into the sea rather than hurt a child.

7th Stepper

Expert
    Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 11, 2011
    Indiana
    January of 2009, I went to three murders of children under 16 months. It's never a routine experience for the officers who investigate these horrible crimes. Please keep the investigators in your thoughts and prayers so the can keep their wits about them to get every piece of evidence together, keep their sanity and put this guy away forever.

lrahm,
    The Officers, Detectives, CSI's, and all those involved, including the parents of this poor child, and the jury, will be in our hearts and prayers.

Those involved in putting him away, also deserve our highest RESPECT for the job that they do. I've run on a few cases (never this bad) of children who'd been beaten, burned, tortured and sexually abused, and I admire any and all LEO's who have to investigate crimes like these, especially the ones where there is a known suspect, including the ones who've confessed to the crimes that they've committed.

After a few of the runs I made on such cases, altho never to this extent, I had to go into my Bosses office and resign my position, because in my own opinion, I'd "lost my professionalism" regarding a perp who had abused a small infant. There was a particular incident at the very start of my career, where I harbored thoughts of how horrible the man was, who was responsible for the abuse he committed on an 18 month old baby, and what his punishment should be.

My partner and I (she was a young woman as well, we were both 20 yrs old) did everything in our power to render only the minium care necessary to keep him alive, because of the anger and hatred we felt for him and the actions that he had committed. We were transporting him because he had multiple injuries, caused by the mother of the child beating him almost senseless with a wooden baseball bat. She walked in to find the man horribly abusing her 18 month old daughter, causing a great deal of harm to her child. They say there is nothing more dangerous, vicious, or bloodthirsty as a mother who's child has been brutally assaulted, and that's what this woman was. The perp was her boyfriend (altho not the child's father) and she had only left for a short time, to go to the store to pick up a few things for the baby. She came home early and found him committing an unforgivable crime.

She had an older son (not at home at the time) who played baseball and kept his things in their hall closet. She grabbed the baseball bat, came up from behind the guy, and proceeded to beat the crap out of him with it. He had no warning that she was even there, the baby was screaming to loudly. Two of our trucks arrived on the scene after she'd called it in, one took the baby (who's condition afterwards I never did find out) and our crew took the perp. We had a separate driver, which left the two of us in the back with the low life scum. We were very careful not to break any laws, but only rendered him the minimum care necessary to keep him alive. When the doctors and nurses at the hospital took over, things went downhill for him from there. (I'll skip those details.)

We had to skip the next two runs we had, we were too badly shaken up from what we'd had to deal with, to even function on a limited basis. The LEO's arrived on the scene before we did, and how they kept their composure is still something to this day that totally astounds me. I developed a new, deeper sense of respect for all LEO's that day, considering they see things like this, domestic violence, and other such horrific crimes far more often than we ever did/do. My partner (who's parents owned the Service) and I took the next day off, and the following day she went in and took a leave of absence, I went in and resigned my position with them. I can still remember the details of that run, and it's been over 36 years ago that it happened.

I went to work at a new job as a medic, worked there for a couple of years, then went on to the medic position I held until my daughter and I fled CA to get away from her biological father. That's when Bill entered the picture, he's the only Daddy she's ever known, and she loves him as dearly as he loves her.

This case triggered these old, dusty but clear memories, and I still to this day think that there is no form of punishment that is comparable to fit the crime of people like that. And as one other person stated, I hope there's a truly awful spot in H***, reserved for people who commit these atrocious crimes against innocent, defenseless children.

I hope that this man gets the worst punishment possible under the law, and that they lock him away in some deep, dark and dank dungeon and throw away the key. But before that happens, were I on the jury, I'd ask for him to be left alone in a room, with no surveillance or audio, for at least 10 minutes with the parents of the child. For them to do to him what he'd done to them and their child.

I'm sorry if this paints me in a harsh light, but as a mother, this is what I would want, were something as horrible as this to happen to the child I gave birth to, and is and always will be, a vital part of me.

7th Stepper

lrahm

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 17, 2011
    Newburgh
    lrahm,
    The Officers, Detectives, CSI's, and all those involved, including the parents of this poor child, and the jury, will be in our hearts and prayers.

Those involved in putting him away, also deserve our highest RESPECT for the job that they do. I've run on a few cases (never this bad) of children who'd been beaten, burned, tortured and sexually abused, and I admire any and all LEO's who have to investigate crimes like these, especially the ones where there is a known suspect, including the ones who've confessed to the crimes that they've committed.

After a few of the runs I made on such cases, altho never to this extent, I had to go into my Bosses office and resign my position, because in my own opinion, I'd "lost my professionalism" regarding a perp who had abused a small infant. There was a particular incident at the very start of my career, where I harbored thoughts of how horrible the man was, who was responsible for the abuse he committed on an 18 month old baby, and what his punishment should be.

My partner and I (she was a young woman as well, we were both 20 yrs old) did everything in our power to render only the minium care necessary to keep him alive, because of the anger and hatred we felt for him and the actions that he had committed. We were transporting him because he had multiple injuries, caused by the mother of the child beating him almost senseless with a wooden baseball bat. She walked in to find the man horribly abusing her 18 month old daughter, causing a great deal of harm to her child. They say there is nothing more dangerous, vicious, or bloodthirsty as a mother who's child has been brutally assaulted, and that's what this woman was. The perp was her boyfriend (altho not the child's father) and she had only left for a short time, to go to the store to pick up a few things for the baby. She came home early and found him committing an unforgivable crime.

She had an older son (not at home at the time) who played baseball and kept his things in their hall closet. She grabbed the baseball bat, came up from behind the guy, and proceeded to beat the crap out of him with it. He had no warning that she was even there, the baby was screaming to loudly. Two of our trucks arrived on the scene after she'd called it in, one took the baby (who's condition afterwards I never did find out) and our crew took the perp. We had a separate driver, which left the two of us in the back with the low life scum. We were very careful not to break any laws, but only rendered him the minimum care necessary to keep him alive. When the doctors and nurses at the hospital took over, things went downhill for him from there. (I'll skip those details.)

We had to skip the next two runs we had, we were too badly shaken up from what we'd had to deal with, to even function on a limited basis. The LEO's arrived on the scene before we did, and how they kept their composure is still something to this day that totally astounds me. I developed a new, deeper sense of respect for all LEO's that day, considering they see things like this, domestic violence, and other such horrific crimes far more often than we ever did/do. My partner (who's parents owned the Service) and I took the next day off, and the following day she went in and took a leave of absence, I went in and resigned my position with them. I can still remember the details of that run, and it's been over 36 years ago that it happened.

I went to work at a new job as a medic, worked there for a couple of years, then went on to the medic position I held until my daughter and I fled CA to get away from her biological father. That's when Bill entered the picture, he's the only Daddy she's ever known, and she loves him as dearly as he loves her.

This case triggered these old, dusty but clear memories, and I still to this day think that there is no form of punishment that is comparable to fit the crime of people like that. And as one other person stated, I hope there's a truly awful spot in H***, reserved for people who commit these atrocious crimes against innocent, defenseless children.

I hope that this man gets the worst punishment possible under the law, and that they lock him away in some deep, dark and dank dungeon and throw away the key. But before that happens, were I on the jury, I'd ask for him to be left alone in a room, with no surveillance or audio, for at least 10 minutes with the parents of the child. For them to do to him what he'd done to them and their child.

I'm sorry if this paints me in a harsh light, but as a mother, this is what I would want, were something as horrible as this to happen to the child I gave birth to, and is and always will be, a vital part of me.

7th Stepper

I am convinced that whatever type of run I get, my training will kick in. Afterwards, I have received dumps of emotions that's almost embarrassing. Can't help it. Thank God I can keep my composure until then.

phylodog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Mar 7, 2008
    Arcadia
    I see a lot of you primally-anxious to dehumanize this guy. You seem all-too-willing to ignore the fact that EVERYONE is capable of this sort of thing, if they let themselves degenerate to a certain point, whether by drugs, improper focus of thoughts, crime, etc.

Highlighted the main point of interest. So.... should I pity him? Should I feel sorry for him? Why? Because he lives in a trailer park? Screw that, I lived in a trailer park as a kid and I know the types of which you speak. I've lived among them and yet I haven't killed and dismembered any children. I know the difference between right and wrong, just like 99% of the human beings on the face of this earth.

Life sucks, it sucks worse for some more than others no doubt but everyone has their demons and problems to deal with. Taking the life of an innocent child is without exception evil beyond understanding. There are undoubtedly many more like him out there, make him pay accordingly, put it on display and perhaps, just perhaps, one of those degenerates will think twice before following this scumbags lead.

Call me disgusting if you wish, hell, I'll wear a T-shirt proudly proclaiming it in this instance. If you're expecting people to have mercy on someone who would do something of this nature I'm afraid you'll find yourself in an awfully small club. Sprain your elbow patting yourself on the back for being holier than thou if you wish but I'll lose no sleep jumping in with both feet the club of those hoping this man pays and pays dearly for what he has done.

7th Stepper

Expert
    Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 11, 2011
    Indiana
    I am convinced that whatever type of run I get, my training will kick in. Afterwards, I have received dumps of emotions that's almost embarrassing. Can't help it. Thank God I can keep my composure until then.

That's normal and to be expected. You're a man, not a robot. I was working after our daughter was born, but we never had cases like that. It was a different type of setting.

Bill on the other hand, comes home from runs like that, gathers our daughter up in his arms, and just holds her until he calms down. She knows at that point that it's been a bad one, and just does her best to comfort him. It was the same way when she was younger, but back then she could curl up in his lap and fall asleep while he was holding her. She's an adult now, but she still understands.

Blessings,
    And may you find the peace you so richly deserve at the end of the day! I'll leave a light on for you.

UncleMike

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 30, 2009
    NE area of IN
    Highlighted the main point of interest. So.... should I pity him? Should I feel sorry for him? Why? Because he lives in a trailer park? Screw that, I lived in a trailer park as a kid and I know the types of which you speak. I've lived among them and yet I haven't killed and dismembered any children. I know the difference between right and wrong, just like 99% of the human beings on the face of this earth.

Life sucks, it sucks worse for some more than others no doubt but everyone has their demons and problems to deal with. Taking the life of an innocent child is without exception evil beyond understanding. There are undoubtedly many more like him out there, make him pay accordingly, put it on display and perhaps, just perhaps, one of those degenerates will think twice before following this scumbags lead.

Call me disgusting if you wish, hell, I'll wear a T-shirt proudly proclaiming it in this instance. If you're expecting people to have mercy on someone who would do something of this nature I'm afraid you'll find yourself in an awfully small club. Sprain your elbow patting yourself on the back for being holier than thou if you wish but I'll lose no sleep jumping in with both feet the club of those hoping this man pays and pays dearly for what he has done.
    ^^^^^^^^This^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Top Bottom