• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • phylodog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Mar 7, 2008
    Arcadia
    If it were my world he would receive thousands upon thousands of slowly applied 1/8" deep cuts with a razor blade over every square inch of his body before being suspended up to his mouth in rubbing alcohol until he expires.

firemedic140

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 11, 2011
    Harlan, IN
    My dept. Was called to assist in the search. I was on duty at the station an d was not allowed to leave as we were coverage for the area. It was heart breaking to listen to the radio traffic. Especially just having a feeling it was fruitless to search. He will be put in solitary but due to the nature of the crime. He's safer to face the public.

goinggreyfast

Master
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Nov 21, 2010
    Morgan County
    Has there been any report at all saying why this "person" did what he did? He's obviously deranged. Someone would have to be possessed by the devil himself to do something like this.

Mackey

Master
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Nov 4, 2011
    interwebs
    Obviously society has failed this man. It's certainly not his fault, clearly he would have to be insane to do something like this, therefore he should be cared for and could never be held responsible for what he has done.

mainjet

Master
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 22, 2009
    Lowell
    This particular case really sickens me. I have a hard time thinking about this one and the details of it are insane-INSANE!

I don't know why exactly this one is getting to me more than any other sick things people do to people but it just is.

I have a hard time even thinking about the officers that had to go to the home and collect what they had too. I'm serious, this one makes me want to break down.

My prayers go out to the family and everyone that has to deal with this case. I cannot imagine having to wade through the details of this. There comes a time when you just have to grab someone by the back of the collar, drag them straight out into the street and shoot them dead right there.

I am sorry. That's probably a little over the top but I have to just get away from this story right now.

lrahm

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 17, 2011
    Newburgh
    I think about the Gilligan family from time to time. I believe it was 1980. The little boy and girl would have grown up, married and had kids and maybe grandkids by now. Instead........

I had been on the department for a short period of time. Donald Ray Wallace got his in the end. Note to people reading this, Patrick Gilligan and his family walked into his home while it was being burglarized. Donald Wallace killed them all. Wallace received the death penality for this.

There was a lot of miscommunications between agencies which slowed the investigation. Not pointing finger.

schafe

Master
    Rating - 66.7%
    2   1   0
    Oct 15, 2009
    Monroe Co.
    There was a story this morning on ch.13 about this case. My wife was crying and I was fighting the tears back as well.
    After the tears, I tried to think of a fitting punishment for such evil, but I came up empty handed. I just kept thinking about my grandaughter, and how precious all these kids are.....(sorry...a bit of a frog in my throat.) :(

IndianaSigma

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 18, 2011
    Huntington, IN
    Has the ACPA made any statement about seeking the death penalty?

They have until Friday to file formal charges and will likely take all that time to collect information and decide upon charges.

The death penalty can be used in this case since some of the circumstances apply here:
    1. The defendant dismembered the victim.
    2. The victim was under 12 years of age.

Here is the link to IC 35-50-2-9: Indiana - 16 Aggravating Circumstances - Death Penalty - ProCon.org

tlkidd

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 10, 2011
    New Haven
    This is just unbelievable. To shoot someone is one thing. There would be a disconnect between you and the victim but when you stab or beat someone you have to feel every blow. It is very personal, and then to take the body and cut it up. The guy is a psycho. Let's try him quickly so we can get a needle in his arm and send him where he belongs.

Fletch

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 19, 2008
    Oklahoma
    Reading his freely given statement, listening to Ken answer questions about it, and talking to people familiar with the family...I'm gonna have to agree this time. Formality.

I'm inclined to agree, based on what I've read, but it's that inclination that makes me doubly anxious to jealously guard the idea of due process and presumption of innocence. Groupthink gets more and more dangerous the more frantically we trip over ourselves to skip steps and get to the resolution.

lrahm

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 17, 2011
    Newburgh
    I'm inclined to agree, based on what I've read, but it's that inclination that makes me doubly anxious to jealously guard the idea of due process and presumption of innocence. Groupthink gets more and more dangerous the more frantically we trip over ourselves to skip steps and get to the resolution.

I do agree. Let the prosecutor's office develope a good strong case on this guy. I really doubt if it goes to trial before summer.

JetGirl

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    May 7, 2008
    N/E Corner

I don't disagree with due process. It's important.
    What I waffle about is the "presumption of innocence" after a detailed confession that was not coerced, followed by leading investigators to all the places where pieces of body were tossed.
    To that, I would say; "Good bye, presumption of innocence...hello, Indiana death penalty."
    Maybe that makes me horrible. Or maybe it makes me a good kind of neighbor to have. I don't know where that line is.
    If a rabid dog says "hey, I'm rabid and I just shredded one of your neighborhood kids and there's no guarantee I won't do it again first chance I get"...do you leash him and say "c'mon, boy...let's take a walk and discuss it"?
    Or does he get put down?

Bah.
    I can't talk about this anymore. My stomach hurts and I may just hurl.

Fletch

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 19, 2008
    Oklahoma
    What I waffle about is the "presumption of innocence" after a detailed confession that was not coerced, followed by leading investigators to all the places where pieces of body were tossed.
    To that, I would say; "Good bye, presumption of innocence...hello, Indiana death penalty."
    Maybe that makes me horrible. Or maybe it makes me a good kind of neighbor to have. I don't know where that line is.
    If a rabid dog says "hey, I'm rabid and I just shredded one of your neighborhood kids and there's no guarantee I won't do it again first chance I get"...do you leash him and say "c'mon, boy...let's take a walk and discuss it"?
    Or does he get put down?

Bah.

Don't misunderstand... I fully get it. In my own situation with my sister-in-law, there's definitely a part of me that wants to hop back in the truck and drive out to Georgia again and have a little talk with Sailor Mike. I am however, steadfast in my belief that it is times like these when we need most to cling to Reason. So I channel my passion into desiring that the investigators in both incidents build airtight cases, gather rock solid and unimpeachable evidence, and be able to convince the most hardened skeptic that the perpetrator is found and is getting what he deserves.

lrahm

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 17, 2011
    Newburgh
    Or does he get put down?

Bah.

I don't think that there is a single person here that wouldn't want to see justice done quickly. I understand that he did confess to this crime. I would be reasonably sure that they (the prosecutor's office) are talking about the death penality. But if this is not done correctly, it will be tossed out and nobondy wants to see the guy walk.

The sad part is that there are more like him everywhere.

Maybe I'll hurl with you.

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    jojo99
    Top Bottom