• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • KPierce

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 7, 2008
    Jeffersonville
    I bought a Taurus 608 a couple of years ago. Love the trigger and the way it shoots. Even with a 6 in barrel, the porting makes it a pleasure to shoot.

I just recently picked up Taurus Model 65 and love it as well. Some may down the Taurus's but I like the ones I have. And 357 is a great round.

dsol

Master
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    May 28, 2009
    Jeffersonville
    There's just something about it, especially the 3" barrel with a Wolff spring kit and a hogue grip. It's just way more performance than its price.

My 3 inch SP101 is my EDC gun. I can put holes right where I want to with it and with a good Bullhide belt, carries nicely. I cast and handload so my son and I can shoot it a lot along with my S&W L frame and Rossi lever action carbine. I did the spring kit, smoothed up the action and use Pachmyer grips (fit my hand better).

We will go through 500 rounds in a weekend easy with those three.

I have a Dillon press and probably 4 or 5 thousand pieces of 38 spl brass that is rotated through along with a couple K of 357 so we always have a couple full ammo cans of plinking or fireball fodder.

357 Terms

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 28, 2012
    Between SB and FT.W
    I wish smith would make a 365. take the m 65 3" add a scandium frame, Titanium barrel and cylinder, dovetail front and rear sights, or just fixed sights. call it good.

+1

I would love to see more dovetail sights on medium frame 357 snubbies!!

I would still carry mt 2.5 686 if the sights were more of a "combat" configuration, those adjustable sights aren't really needed on a snubbie.

Jeremiah

Master
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Aug 26, 2008
    Avilla, IN
    +1

I would still carry mt 2.5 686 if the sights were more of a "combat" configuration, those adjustable sights aren't really needed on a snubbie.

Cylinder and slide makes a fixed rear, I think it's the one that comes on the nightguard pistols. But it's $80. I need a mill

d012

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2012
    Never heard the term "wheelgun" before. I love to hear the "click" as the cylinder moves when cocking the hammer. The "Boom" is cool also.

Linc8301

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Sep 13, 2012
    Indianapolis
    .357 Mag

I love my .357 Taurus Titanium frame. It was my first gun I bought when I was 18. Obviously had a little help getting it. I learned to shoot and carry responsibly with that. I do own a .40 cal Glock 23 though

Jeremiah

Master
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Aug 26, 2008
    Avilla, IN
    +1

Smith & Wesson 65-5 3" HB with 180gr. Winchester Partition Gold JHP's

Sure, I shoot an S&W model 13-3. I don't shoot .357 shells often since .38spl is more economical for practice.

I sent an email through facebook to their fanpage, who ever monitors it sent it on to the market department. they even forwarded the idea of a 9mm version. nothing will likely happen, but we can hope.

Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 17, 2009
    Tampa, FL
    My 3 inch SP101 is my EDC gun. I can put holes right where I want to with it and with a good Bullhide belt, carries nicely. I cast and handload so my son and I can shoot it a lot along with my S&W L frame and Rossi lever action carbine. I did the spring kit, smoothed up the action and use Pachmyer grips (fit my hand better).

We will go through 500 rounds in a weekend easy with those three.

I have a Dillon press and probably 4 or 5 thousand pieces of 38 spl brass that is rotated through along with a couple K of 357 so we always have a couple full ammo cans of plinking or fireball fodder.

I can't tell you how many times I've tried to go away from an SP101 as an EDC....then come back to it every time..... I'm even finding myself missing it after carrying a HK45, a fine fine gun.

dbrier

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jun 17, 2008
    Indianapolis IN
    I have a Ruger .357 mag my wife loves it she likes the recoil in her hand.
    My wife's go-to gun is her SP 101 2.25" DAO revolver. While it's not enjoyable to shot .357 in it, she finds the recoil reassuring knowing the guy on the other end is going to get it much worse than her. :D
    Whenever we go shooting, she puts a few cylinders through it.

Claddagh

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 21, 2008
    With three .357 carbines and four revolvers to feed I reload more .357s than anything else. My wife's nightstand gun is one of my old Monson DW M15-2 revolvers loaded with Federal Nyclad +P 158 gr. SWCHPs. She shoots it well and is more comfortable with it than any of my semiautos offering similar potency.

My standard reload isn't what you'd call "warm", but it's inexpensive to make, quite accurate in all of my guns, pleasant to shoot all day and has more than enough oomph to cover my most frequent shooting needs handily. It consists of a 158 gr. LSWC over 4.8/5.0 gr. of Unique in .357 cases and a WW or CCI SP primer. Chronos 878 f/s (avg.) from a 4" revolver and 984 f/s from a 16" carbine.

357 Terms

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 28, 2012
    Between SB and FT.W
    My wife's nightstand gun is one of my old Monson DW M15-2 revolvers loaded with Federal Nyclad +P 158 gr. SWCHPs.

With all the advancements in bullet tech in the recent years, I still think those are one of the best options for a .38 SD round.

Maybe THE best.

Top Bottom