• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Hookeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Dec 19, 2011
    armpit of the midwest
    The dog owner being a total jerk, should realize her actions have repercussions.
    I hope her soon to be legal woes cause a loss of livelihood and force her to move.
    Preferably Englewood in Chicago.

dusty88

Master
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 11, 2014
    United States
    the guy's stepson reportedly take the picture of the carcasses and put it on snapchat, then someone uploaded it to a FB "lost dog" site the owner had posted on. Therein lies the problem.

Well I agree that was problematic. And I wouldn't be that mean. I'd be very sad if I had to shoot someone's dog.

However, I also understand the frustration. We have so many people around us who think loose dogs are OK. These are people who are otherwise good neighbors. Recently, someone posted a picture on the local Facebook page of 12 goats killed by a pack of 3 wandering dogs. As soon as 1 person suggested the dogs might be shot, about 20 people went crazy saying "don't shoot my wandering dogs; they are good farm dogs" (insert my eyeroll)

I can see where the family wanted to say that this is what happens when you don't keep your dogs home.

What he probably should have done is hired someone to fix the hole, and then submitted charges to her for the repair plus the cost of shooting them plus the cost of having a disposal company take care of the bodies (or ask her to pick them up if he wanted to be polite enough to let her choose)

The other option of course was the SSS. But in the end that's not really respectful either and it certainly makes you look guilty if they find out later. Shooting and then calling authorities probably makes you the most legally correct.

Harleyrider_50

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Nov 19, 2010
    So. Indiana
    :scratch:

Whut I think.....not 'at it matters worth fiddler's damn is.....

I don't think the dogs was ....viscous......nahh.....:noway:

IF.....I'da been the dude .....I'da try'd ta approach'em......tricks like 'is go LOOOOng way with dogs....even strange 1's.....
    product_product-large_hot_dogs_2_320.jpg.jpg

if remote'ly possible, I'd try'n corral'd 'em 1st, an' got'em back ta the owner.....or local shelter......at's me....
    IF.....they'da show'd aggression toward me....?...at'sa whole nuther deal......

should the dogs owner should'a look'd out closer to they where 'bouts?......absolutley.....:yesway:

SOoooo.....whut's everbody's take on'is deal ?......:dunno:

Garrard County woman finds note detailing her dog's fate - wave3.com-Louisville News, Weather & Sports

:popcorn:

hopper68

Master
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Nov 15, 2011
    Pike County
    I would say not. The question is why people engaged in illegal activities are not being addressed. Harassment, stalking, and threats are illegal, and the evidence suggests that all three are happening.

How do you figure? He tried to run them off and they wouldn't. Was he supposed to stand back and watch? If any predator, four-legged or two-legged threatened my alpacas, I would have a difficult time showing as much restraint as he did.

Would you feel the same way if you had to shoot a burglar and found yourself on the receiving end of national-scale harassment for it? After all, you could have offered to buy him a cheeseburger and discussed his behavior.

So far as I am concerned, the only thing the man did wrong is that he failed to shoot the b*tch who really needed it in addition to the others.

We know her address. Send her Amazon deliveries of adult diapers, the book "boundaries", a book on fence repair, etc

How about autographed photos of each of our butts, with the caption "Kiss Me" on them?

On both sides.

sadclownwp

Grandmaster
    Rating - 97.8%
    45   1   0
    Jan 6, 2010
    NWI
    It is getting even more heated on the facebook page now. I really would not be surprised if the Demotte police didn't start issuing restraining orders.

mom45

Momerator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 10, 2013
    NW of Sunshine
    It is getting even more heated on the facebook page now. I really would not be surprised if the Demotte police didn't start issuing restraining orders.

I guess I have hidden most of the posts that friends I know from that area shared. What page are those on?

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 21, 2011
    The more irresponsible the dog owner is, the more danger you are in shooting their dog. here is a case in point. Don't shoot domestic dogs or misery will follow, somebody loves that dog. I bet Deer farmer wishes he had tried something else despite the legality of how he handled it.

Last edited:

IndyDave1776

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    The more irresponsible the dog owner is, the more danger you are in shooting their dog. here is a case in point. Don't shoot domestic dogs or misery will follow, somebody loves that dog. I bet Deer farmer wishes he had tried something else despite the legality of how he handled it.

What? Like taking to heart the mantra that 'there are no bad dogs, just bad owners' and aiming accordingly?

hoosierdoc

Freed prisoner
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 27, 2011
    Galt's Gulch
    I'll say again because of the current culture I would try to get as much video/pic evidence of what was going on before I shot three dogs with collars on. If there's no time, well, then there's no time.

It would be interesting if he would sue her civilly for lost revenue from his business due to her harassment of him.

semperfi211

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 17, 2008
    Near Lowell
    I see a lot of comments saying he should have shot in the air to scare the dogs away. I hope those people don't own guns and if they do they don't live near me.

Indyhd

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Jan 12, 2010
    Noblesville
    It would be interesting if he would sue her civilly for lost revenue from his business due to her harassment of him.[/QUOTE]

I think he should sue her and ask the police department to get started on the charges for whatever he can think up to make her liable for inciting others who may take any kind of retaliatory action against him for dispatching the dogs.

1775usmarine

Sleeper
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    84   0   0
    Feb 15, 2013
    IN
    It would be interesting if he would sue her civilly for lost revenue from his business due to her harassment of him.

I think he should sue her and ask the police department to get started on the charges for whatever he can think up to make her liable for inciting others who may take any kind of retaliatory action against him for dispatching the dogs.[/QUOTE]

Every news article has painted her dogs as angelic and Wall as the boogeyman. I also see the change.org petition has over 8k signatures. SMH

Timjoebillybob

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 27, 2009
    She is supposedly going to be on CBS news at 11 on Monday and they are planning a protest at Jasper County courthouse on I think the 28th (could be the 29th) at 10 or 11, she was already on CBS radio up there,Indiana Woman Furious That Neighbor Who Shot Her Dogs Hasn?t Been Charged « CBS Chicago . They have a facebook page up, "Justice for storm, lola, buster. But it's a private group, and they are banning anyone that goes against the party line at all, or who is reported to be against the party line. They were approving joining requests quick, but not it seems they are doing a bit of checking before approval. And the change.org petition is a bit over 14k signatures. And they are asking people to send them letters that they will send to county and state reps to change the laws and pressure the prosecutor to file charges. And of course they are going to read the letters to make sure they are "respectful".

Oh and for some fun reading aka bat**** crazy. Check out this friend of theirs post and the comments .https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?...&refid=52&set=a.421313730519.217404.545940519

Top Bottom