Not open for further replies.

lonehoosier

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    May 3, 2011
    NWI
    Thanks Jay!

Silly Jedi for stealth posting the flyer.
    No problem.

I sent out a text message like this last year along with the flyer. Feel free to us it.

NWI INGO, the group I shoot with, is partnering with Winamac DNR to host a Family Fun Shooting Range Event on Saturday June 15, 2013 from 8am-Noon Eastern time in Winamac Indiana. If you are interested in going please contact Winamac DNR @ (574)946-4422 to register. This is a free event. Never shot, no problem. Experienced firearms and archery instructors at each station. All firearms, ammunition, and equipment will be provided. This event is aimed at introducing youngsters and families to the shooting sports. All you need to bring is sunblock and bug spray. Lunch will be provided as well. I hope to see you there. If you Facebook, search for "Winimac Family Fun Shooting Range Event". FYI Winamac is about a hour and fifteen minutes from Hobart. If you need directions or have any questions please contact me @ (219)808-#### or jay0000000.com. Please feel free to pass this info along to anyone that might be interested. Spots are filling up quickly don't delay!!

bigretic

Master
    Rating - 100%
    72   0   0
    Jan 14, 2011
    NWI
    Please change post one to read "Range Safety Officer"
    instead of Safety Range Officer before I lose my mind...
    What was attendance and ammo consumption of 22lr last year?

sadclownwp

Grandmaster
    Rating - 97.8%
    45   1   0
    Jan 6, 2010
    NWI
    Please remmeber to stay on topic as this is going to be a very LONG thread due to the date being in JUNE.
    For the event we will be using mainly .22lr rifles. DNR has some 10/22s no scopes we can use (5 I think) but just like last year we want to ensure we have backups and backups in case stuff breaks. Scope and/or unscope is find.

On the 25 yard we will use the ironsights.
    Scope 10/22 we can use on teh 50 yard as the steel targets will be 30 to 40 yards out.

We are only going to have 1 bay with Joe and the .223 and 7.62 rifles.
    Some kids wanted to try the bigger guns out but not that many. Most of the kids are 9-13 years of age.

If we are only going to have 1 bay with joe and the higher caliber rifles, I'll let him use my Scar 16 and my Arsenal AK both have muzzle breaks on them so the smaller kids will not be put off by them.

jedi

Da PinkFather
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30
    Please change post one to read "Range Safety Officer"
    instead of Safety Range Officer before I lose my mind...
    But you first have to have a mind to lose. :)
    Besides a "Range Safety Office" implies an NRA certified person and/or someone who have been taught via that course.
    I used the term "SRO" to ensure we understood these are not NRA certified people just someone who's sole purpose is to ensure we follow the 4 rules on those lines.

What was attendance and ammo consumption of 22lr last year?

You can get the full details of last's year event here.
    Total people was 121
    ---
    Kids: 37
    Adults: 32
    DNR: 9
    NWI INGO: 28
    4-H: 15

We have this much ammo for last year's event
    .22lr = 10K confirmed
    .223 = 310 confirmed
    7.62x39 = 600 confirmed

And we ended up with
    .22lr = 2600 rounds (7400 used)
    .223 = 0 rounds (310 used)
    7.62x39 = 300 rounds (300 used)

jedi

Da PinkFather
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30
    @dyerwatcher thank you for volunteering. I added you to the skeet area.
    @bob - if you donot go I will get your 10/22s (both of them) for that day.
    @sadclown - are you going? Can you help on the skeet area again? Yes bring those larger rifles please. That should help. Wonder if we can find someone with silencers on their rifles (.223 and/or 7.62).

@all
    NEED SAND BAG BENCH REST FOR THE YOUNGER CHILDREN AS WELL AND/OR THOSE BENCH REST FOR THE 10/22 FOR THE LITTLE ONES.

sadclownwp

Grandmaster
    Rating - 97.8%
    45   1   0
    Jan 6, 2010
    NWI
    @dyerwatcher thank you for volunteering. I added you to the skeet area.
    @bob - if you donot go I will get your 10/22s (both of them) for that day.
    @sadclown - are you going? Can you help on the skeet area again? Yes bring those larger rifles please. That should help. Wonder if we can find someone with silencers on their rifles (.223 and/or 7.62).

@all
    NEED SAND BAG BENCH REST FOR THE YOUNGER CHILDREN AS WELL AND/OR THOSE BENCH REST FOR THE 10/22 FOR THE LITTLE ONES.

I have every intention of being there perhaps +1. I can do one of the stations in the skeet area, but I would prefer to be closer to my own guns, just in case one of the kids gets handsy with them when someone is not looking, thus I would much rather assist Joe. I actually had no intention of signing up as an instructor this year, but if someone is needed, I shall answer the call, being an NRA Instructor and all.

I'll see what I can do about the suppressors.

And for some of the older kids/parents, if we can collect some 12ga, I'll bring my Browning Citori and my Wnchester SX3 for them to try. Would be nice if they got to shoot some guns with a little less recoil.

1775usmarine

Sleeper
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    84   0   0
    Feb 15, 2013
    IN
    I would like to swap my Western Field for my Marlin 60 after last months M&S had major issues with feeding.

daddyusmaximus

Grandmaster
    Rating - 99%
    95   1   0
    Aug 21, 2013
    Remington
    Going through the place seeing what else I could bring...

I have the following available.

1. 10x20 quick set up shade awning.
    2. 6Ft tables (white plastic, folding leg) 4 each
    3. Bag of Kingsford hickory charcoal.
    4. 200 rds .223 ammo. (PMC Bronze 55 gr)
    5. 6 packs of Eckrich Bun Length hot dogs.
    6. Large cooler with pop and water.

I can bring any or all of the above.

jedi

Da PinkFather
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30
    Going through the place seeing what else I could bring...

I have the following available.

1. 10x20 quick set up shade awning.
    2. 6Ft tables (white plastic, folding leg) 4 each
    [/strike]3. Bag of Kingsford hickory charcoal.[/strike]
    4. 200 rds .223 ammo. (PMC Bronze 55 gr)
    5. 6 packs of Eckrich Bun Length hot dogs.
    6. Large cooler with pop and water.

I can bring any or all of the above.

Thanks please leave #3 behind as we use propane grills for the event.

UnionPmedic

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 14, 2009
    NW Indiana
    - Added ammo donor
    - UnionPMedic added as well. Do you have a .22lr or will you need one for the day? 10/22 is the preferred model but any .22lr will do that you are comfortable with.

I have a bolt action tube-fed Mossberg and a 702 Plinkster...but I might have a 10/22 by then. I'll bring any and all I have. Also have limited ammo at this point...that hopefully will change also.

geronimojoe85

Master
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Nov 16, 2009
    as of the last time I spoke with my father (a few days ago) he had intended on helping me on the line. He is a great kid wrangler but due to mobility issues would probably not be comfortable running a station by himself.

If this time is anything like last time we may have enough space to run a second station for overflow, most of the time one was enough but at times we did have a line, and I don't recall the next table over being used much, I could be remembering wrong though. And this is just an option to toss up, feel free to tell me to mind my place.

We may need more ammo, lol.

I will say this is generating a lot more buzz on Facebook than this time last year.

baddyna96

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 12, 2013
    Demotte, IN.
    as of the last time I spoke with my father (a few days ago) he had intended on helping me on the line. He is a great kid wrangler but due to mobility issues would probably not be comfortable running a station by himself.

If this time is anything like last time we may have enough space to run a second station for overflow, most of the time one was enough but at times we did have a line, and I don't recall the next table over being used much, I could be remembering wrong though. And this is just an option to toss up, feel free to tell me to mind my place.

We may need more ammo, lol.

I will say this is generating a lot more buzz on Facebook than this time last year.

sadclown could set up with me as I'm next to you. It would keep the larger calibers at one end.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom