• Status
    Not open for further replies.

MTN

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jan 3, 2014
    Laporte Co.
    Since this is a youth shoot, is it better for the kids to use rifles with open sights or scopes. Just wondering because I have no scope on my 10/22. As for now I don't have any plans that far in the future for the meet, going to try and make it.

Is 308 to much recoil for the kids.

jedi

Da PinkFather
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30
    Please remmeber to stay on topic as this is going to be a very LONG thread due to the date being in JUNE.
    For the event we will be using mainly .22lr rifles. DNR has some 10/22s no scopes we can use (5 I think) but just like last year we want to ensure we have backups and backups in case stuff breaks. Scope and/or unscope is find.

On the 25 yard we will use the ironsights.
    Scope 10/22 we can use on teh 50 yard as the steel targets will be 30 to 40 yards out.

We are only going to have 1 bay with Joe and the .223 and 7.62 rifles.
    Some kids wanted to try the bigger guns out but not that many. Most of the kids are 9-13 years of age.

subtlesixer03

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    39   0   0
    Apr 22, 2010
    ok im all set for instucting. the misses says shes down to help with cooking and such. i have my 10/22, my ak47, remington 700 pss 308, and my i can bring my m1. im sure i my have others by then.

sadclownwp

Grandmaster
    Rating - 97.8%
    45   1   0
    Jan 6, 2010
    NWI
    As of right now, Blythe's will be donating the paper targets, some .22 ammo, .223 ammo, perhaps some 7.62x39 if there is a need, and the hearing protection for the kids. And if our paperwork goes through, maybe bringing some full auto fun for the kids, which will mean much more .22lr will be needed.

UnionPmedic

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 14, 2009
    NW Indiana
    I'll volunteer in whatever role you need me in. I'll also provide at least 2 .22 rifles (not 10/22's though) and an SKS. As we get a little closer I'll figure out where I stand on ammo.

Andy219

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 26, 2009
    Cedar Lake, IN
    I'll be there to help out where I can. Preferably as on of the safety guys.

I took a different desk at work that will have Friday and Saturdays off, so I'm there for sure.

as we get closer I'll know what I can bring.

jedi

Da PinkFather
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30
    @subtlesixer03 you are on bench 2 on the 25 yard with your 10/22

@UnionPMedic
    do you want to instructor on a 10/22 or do Shotgun either claythrower operator or instructor?

@Double T
    20 gauge we **MIGHT** be able to use let me see what DNR has

@Andy
    Safety officer on the 25 yard

@Mrobnoxious1 back to the shotgun yard you go. :)

Thank you all for time and equipment.

jedi

Da PinkFather
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30
    I'll updated post #2 later since I can't seem to do it from the machine I'm on right now.

Here is what DNR says they have for us to use.
    ---
    We will have enough 20 gauge shotguns, 20 gauge shotgun shells, and clay targets.

We also have three Savage 22 caliber single-shot bolt action rifles (open sights) that can be used. I think these were used on the 25 yard range w/ paper targets last year.

We have the flip-over metal targets to be used on the 50 yard range.

We don’t have any semi-auto 22 rifles and we have only a small amount of 22 caliber ammo.

So for the trap/skeet area we are set. The shotguns they have are new (1 year old and have been used for the event last year and the fall water foul ?? kids event they do). We **might** be a backup thrower they have 2 in case something goes wrong/breaks.

As for the semi-autos I know we have enough in our member's inventory to cover that.
    And just like last year it's the mad hunt for .22 ammo. **sigh**

@sadclown if Blythes could secure some ammo I'm think DNR can buy it from you for the event.

UnionPmedic

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 14, 2009
    NW Indiana
    @subtlesixer03 you are on bench 2 on the 25 yard with your 10/22

@UnionPMedic
    do you want to instructor on a 10/22 or do Shotgun either claythrower operator or instructor?

@Double T
    20 gauge we **MIGHT** be able to use let me see what DNR has

@Andy
    Safety officer on the 25 yard

@Mrobnoxious1 back to the shotgun yard you go. :)

Thank you all for time and equipment.

I'll take 10/22 instructor please.

subtlesixer03

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    39   0   0
    Apr 22, 2010
    hey whats going to be on the 200yrd range? I know the bigger guns were a hit last and im up for helping with that as well.

daddyusmaximus

Grandmaster
    Rating - 99%
    95   1   0
    Aug 21, 2013
    Remington
    I'll be there... with my two teenagers, and possibly two young nephews. This sounds like a fun and educational family event. I'll be able to bring a 10/22, a GSG 522 (open sights) and some 22lr. I'll also have a scoped AR and some .223 and spotting scope if needed. I will be bringing my range box of parts/tools/cleaning equipment. I don't get around much as I walk with a cane, but I can work at a station if needed. I will donate a large cooler of drinks and a few cans of bug spray for those who need... I also have a big 10x20 shade awning and 4 white plastic 6ft tables I can bring if needed for gun cleaning, or eating, or resting in the shade, or a class... No extra chairs though, most people have lawn chairs I hope.

jedi

Da PinkFather
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30
    I'll be there... with my two teenagers, and possibly two young nephews. This sounds like a fun and educational family event. I'll be able to bring a 10/22, a GSG 522 (open sights) and some 22lr. I'll also have a scoped AR and some .223 and spotting scope if needed. I will be bringing my range box of parts/tools/cleaning equipment. I don't get around much as I walk with a cane, but I can work at a station if needed. I will donate a large cooler of drinks and a few cans of bug spray for those who need... I also have a big 10x20 shade awning and 4 white plastic 6ft tables I can bring if needed for gun cleaning, or eating, or resting in the shade, or a class... No extra chairs though, most people have lawn chairs I hope.

Would you like to work the shotgun thrower station or put up on the 50 yard with some 10/22s?

Thank you for the cooler with drinks and the canopies!

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom