• ...and so much more!
  • Ballstater98

Certified Bro Shark
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Jan 18, 2015
    NWI
    Thanks again for the tip on this. I got in early with my order and thought I had scored a rare for me .22LR ammo buy.

Just a little heads up on this. I ordered this ammo when it was showing "available" and added another 50ish bucks in other merchandise to justify the shipping costs. A few days later I received the other merchandise, but no ammo. Turns out I had been backordered on the ammo with no notification. After a couple minimal info emails, Cabelas has cancelled the outstanding backorder. I explained politely that I was not happy with their customer service. :xmad:

Again, thank you Ballstater98. I'm less than happy with Cabelas though.
    Wow. That's terrible! Keep your eyes peeled. You'll score soon enough.

nipprdog

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    Jan 11, 2009
    Tippecanoe county
    Thanks again for the tip on this. I got in early with my order and thought I had scored a rare for me .22LR ammo buy.

Just a little heads up on this. I ordered this ammo when it was showing "available" and added another 50ish bucks in other merchandise to justify the shipping costs. A few days later I received the other merchandise, but no ammo. Turns out I had been backordered on the ammo with no notification. After a couple minimal info emails, Cabelas has cancelled the outstanding backorder. I explained politely that I was not happy with their customer service. :xmad:

Heads up, when ordering 22(or anything) on line, you can't put in in your cart, and then browse around. You will lose it. Putting in your cart does not secure it. It's not yours until you checkout and pay for it. The trick is to have stuff in your cart first. It's not Cabela's fault. They have one of the best customer service ratings in the country. You just have to understand how the system works. And no, it wasn't bait and switch.

Brian Ski

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 13, 2014
    Michiana
    Heads up, when ordering 22(or anything) on line, you can't put in in your cart, and then browse around. You will lose it. Putting in your cart does not secure it. It's not yours until you checkout and pay for it. The trick is to have stuff in your cart first. It's not Cabela's fault. They have one of the best customer service ratings in the country. You just have to understand how the system works. And no, it wasn't bait and switch.

I tried that with Amazon at Christmas Time. (not ammo this time) By the time I got the cart filled with shopping, some went up in price and others were sold out. I was dinking around for a couple hours either...

LockStocksAndBarrel

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0

No notice at checkout?

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    95   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural

Not my first rodeo. I shopped quick and verified "available" just prior to checkout.
    I still have yet to receive a notice the ammo has been backordered. The only communication from Cabelas have been short, less than helpful sorry replies to my initial emails. After receiving the incomplete order, it shows the backordered .22LR on Cabelas site under "my orders." That is the only "notification" I had.

Last edited:

AmmoManAaron

Master
    Rating - 100%
    37   0   0
    Feb 20, 2015
    I-get-around

That really crappy on Cabela's for not telling you at the time of purchase it was out-of-stock and then cancelling your back order to boot. I would not be shopping there again if it was me, but I don't shop there anyway because their prices are too high. I had a similar out-of-stock issue with Sportsman's Guide (showed in-stock when it wasn't) and got the out-of-stock notice shortly after I placed the order. They got the back-ordered item to me in a little under a month and at the original price, so it worked out ok.

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    95   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    That really crappy on Cabela's for not telling you at the time of purchase it was out-of-stock and then cancelling your back order to boot. I would not be shopping there again if it was me, but I don't shop there anyway because their prices are too high. I had a similar out-of-stock issue with Sportsman's Guide (showed in-stock when it wasn't) and got the out-of-stock notice shortly after I placed the order. They got the back-ordered item to me in a little under a month and at the original price, so it worked out ok.

I try to never say never. If I have problems with them so will others. They'll eventually fix the CS issues or go under. I don't see them going under or even backwards for very long.

I'll cautiously keep Cabelas at arms length for "defensive shopping" of their exclusive sale items (unmatched sale prices on bulk packed Roadrunner jigs.) In the meantime, they'll be losing out to Amazon and others for other random sporting related purchases.

Bosshoss

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Dec 11, 2009
    MADISON
    I went to Gander Mountain Saturday for the 22LR. sale, the same ole senior citizens that camp out at Wal-Mart were there in front of the line waiting to hoard, and scalp, I don't get it, these guys were all in their mid to upper 70'S and around 300LBS. looks like they use their profits to go to the Golden Coral. To me I'll wait them out, with their lifestyle they won't be camped out at Wal-Mart too much longer.

Bitter much?
    Next time say something to them instead of running home and attacking them with a keyboard:rolleyes:

You say you don't get it?
    Let me help - the old fat guys are faster/smarter than you.

And no I'm not one of them even though I'm old and fat I don't wait in line for .22's.

THE BIG SITT

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Aug 14, 2012
    Greenwood
    So I am finally getting around to setting up an alert on ammoseek.com . What do you guys have your limit set at for 22lr? I'm thinking $.06/rd before shipping, $.08/rd after shipping.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    So I am finally getting around to setting up an alert on ammoseek.com . What do you guys have your limit set at for 22lr? I'm thinking $.06/rd before shipping, $.08/rd after shipping.

Depends what it is. I'll pay maybe $.055/rd OTD for descent bulk, and if I'm desperate, maybe up to $.085/rd OTD for CCI mini-mags.

Ericpwp

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Jan 14, 2011
    NWI
    I have a problem with the bulk stuff not even being around at .08/rd. Those are CCI prices, and forget CCI at .10/rd. Not to mention the bulk stuff going out in 50rd boxes, limit 1 at that. :xmad:

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    I have a problem with the bulk stuff not even being around at .08/rd. Those are CCI prices, and forget CCI at .10/rd. Not to mention the bulk stuff going out in 50rd boxes, limit 1 at that. :xmad:

Several months ago I bought a 1600 rd case of CCI mini-mag 40gr with ammo can for $120 at Cabela's in Louisville. That's $.075/rd and they threw in the can!

I haven't been back since as I'm still feeding the mini-mags to my 22/45.

Beowulf

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Mar 21, 2012
    Brownsburg
    Several months ago I bought a 1600 rd case of CCI mini-mag 40gr with ammo can for $120 at Cabela's in Louisville. That's $.075/rd and they threw in the can!

I haven't been back since as I'm still feeding the mini-mags to my 22/45.

That's the same price they were selling those packs for before the crisis. I picked up one of those in early 2012 and thought it was a halfway decent deal. Basically worked out to be about the same price as buying them in 100 pack increments at Walmart if you factored in about $10 for the ammo can.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    That's the same price they were selling those packs for before the crisis. I picked up one of those in early 2012 and thought it was a halfway decent deal. Basically worked out to be about the same price as buying them in 100 pack increments at Walmart if you factored in about $10 for the ammo can.
    Went to Cabela's this morning to stock 9mm for a range trip and they actually had quite a bit of .22LR. I bought a 3-pack of CCI tactical for $23.99 ($.08/rd). They also had individual 100rd boxes for $8.49, which is higher than pre-panic but doable. Couldn't buy any more because of the purchase limit.

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    I'm having a friend pick up 325 round boxes at GM today for 25 a box. not too bad these days.. The GM in Terre Haute

I found an amazing amount of 22 at Gander in Castleton Friday during my lunch hour. They had a good 50+ boxes of 325s with even more varieties that were on the cart not unloaded yet. I was able to snag a couple for about $0.08 out the door. Sounds like some warehouses finally got restocked.

Top Bottom