• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • M67

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jan 15, 2011
    Southernish Indiana
    Norma USA TAC-22 (500 rounds- $.12 per-I personally don't like this product)
    Norma USA TAC-22 Rimfire Ammo : Cabela's

$60 for a brick of 22?

attachment.php

03A3

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 8, 2009
    Shaker Prairie
    I just ordered 2 bricks of the CCI 035 from PSA. I'm not happy with the price but that's way it is, for now anyway.
    Frankly I'm not convinced we will see prices that are much, if any better. Hopefully I'm wrong.

Ballstater98

Certified Bro Shark
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Jan 18, 2015
    NWI

$60 for a brick of 22?

attachment.php

The claims are that ammmo is suppose to be top grade. Each round has a layer of grease all over it (loading it in a mag is awful). After you fire a few rounds, that grease builds up and caused failures in the chamber. What a mess. Never again!

patience0830

.22 magician
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 96.7%
    29   1   0
    Nov 3, 2008
    Not far from the tree
    I just ordered 2 bricks of the CCI 035 from PSA. I'm not happy with the price but that's way it is, for now anyway.
    Frankly I'm not convinced we will see prices that are much, if any better. Hopefully I'm wrong.

Yeah, if I could find CCI SV locally for $45 I'd buy all I could afford. Shoots great in most of my stuff. I like it greasy.

ART338WM

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jun 2, 2013
    I had a long talk with a ammo industry rep, and the short version of it is 22lr ammo is one of THE if not THE LEAST profitable types of ammo to make of any type of ammo you can buy, he also said if you could come up with a economically feasible was to reload it you would retire in great wealth quite quickly.

Not sure if these are true statements, just what this person told me.

DEC

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jul 25, 2008
    Angola
    I was in the Angola Wal-mart earlier today and cruised by the ammo isle. They had Winchester 40 gr .22lr in 100 packs for $9.95 each.

Two thoughts 1) that is the first that I have seen .22lr in that Wal-mart in two years and 2) if Wal-mart is setting the price at $0.10 per round and that becomes the gold standard then I am going to shelve my .22 rifles and handguns. These prices are ridiculous.

teddy12b

Grandmaster
    Trainer Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    40   0   0
    Nov 25, 2008
    if Wal-mart is setting the price at $0.10 per round and that becomes the gold standard then I am going to shelve my .22 rifles and handguns. These prices are ridiculous.

Exactly. As far as I can tell the next cheapest option to shoot is an AK or something similar. I'm making the switch.

teddy12b

Grandmaster
    Trainer Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    40   0   0
    Nov 25, 2008
    C'mon fellas. We have a pinned thread for this.

I agree, but that thread is a focus on all ammo. In today's market getting 22lr presents its own challenges and merits it's own thread.

Or maybe pin this one specifically on .22LR?

I would 2nd this motion. Regular ammo is one thing, unfortunately finding rimfire has become quite another.

nipprdog

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    Jan 11, 2009
    Tippecanoe county
    I was in the Angola Wal-mart earlier today and cruised by the ammo isle. They had Winchester 40 gr .22lr in 100 packs for $9.95 each.

Two thoughts 1) that is the first that I have seen .22lr in that Wal-mart in two years and 2) if Wal-mart is setting the price at $0.10 per round and that becomes the gold standard then I am going to shelve my .22 rifles and handguns. These prices are ridiculous.

Was it the 40gr hyper velocity? If so, it normally sells for $9-10. Can't compare it to bulk prices.

Brian Ski

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 13, 2014
    Michiana

I think the first part is to see it on the shelves, then after a while the price should start falling. Especially when people quit buying from the scalpers.

Hawkeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 25, 2010
    Warsaw
    I think the first part is to see it on the shelves, then after a while the price should start falling. Especially when people quit buying from the scalpers.

BIt of a chicken and egg situation here. Scalpers sweep the shelves clear. Rest of us have to buy from scalpers? Somehow we need to break teh cycle. IMO, the best way to do that is for retailers to put limits on purchases, or charge something more than the "old prices" for a while, and the rest of us have to stop buying from the scalpers at their inflated pricing.

Also, when the rest of us have the opportunity to purchase at a normal price, resit the tempation to buy more than you reasonably need. Don't try to get a years (or more) worth of .22LR in your "stash"! I know that's challenging, as I want to build upp a backlog too. Especially since this "shortage" has been so long...

TopDog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Nov 23, 2008
    BIt of a chicken and egg situation here. Scalpers sweep the shelves clear. Rest of us have to buy from scalpers? Somehow we need to break teh cycle. IMO, the best way to do that is for retailers to put limits on purchases, or charge something more than the "old prices" for a while, and the rest of us have to stop buying from the scalpers at their inflated pricing.

Also, when the rest of us have the opportunity to purchase at a normal price, resit the tempation to buy more than you reasonably need. Don't try to get a years (or more) worth of .22LR in your "stash"! I know that's challenging, as I want to build upp a backlog too. Especially since this "shortage" has been so long...

Everything you said was pure common sense. It will not work, if it requires that people make even a small sacrifice then it wont happen.

teddy12b

Grandmaster
    Trainer Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    40   0   0
    Nov 25, 2008
    Everything you said was pure common sense. It will not work, if it requires that people make even a small sacrifice then it wont happen.

Unfortunately I agree with this statement 100%. What was said is absolutely common sense, but unfortunately we're dealing with people's emotions on fear and insecurity. I just hope it's not another year before the ammo is back on the shelves. Personally, I just hope that once it does return we seen even better pricing than we did before the panic started. Everyone saw what happened to AR prices both the spike and now the extreme drop. I'm hoping hoping when all this passes that we see an extreme drop in prices on 22lr ammo like we're seeing with AR kits.

Hawkeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 25, 2010
    Warsaw
    Unfortunately I agree with this statement 100%. What was said is absolutely common sense, but unfortunately we're dealing with people's emotions on fear and insecurity. I just hope it's not another year before the ammo is back on the shelves. Personally, I just hope that once it does return we seen even better pricing than we did before the panic started. Everyone saw what happened to AR prices both the spike and now the extreme drop. I'm hoping hoping when all this passes that we see an extreme drop in prices on 22lr ammo like we're seeing with AR kits.

I agree with both you and TopDog that it won't happen, most likely. I even noted that I have bought what I could, not what I "needed at the moment" during this shortage. But at least I can go to several Appleseeds and not worry about having enough rounds!

Actually, my own prediction is it may be another 2-5 years before we see the shelves stocked up and prices settled back down. One year is WAAAAY to optomistic in my view.

Top Bottom