• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • seedubs1

Master
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jan 17, 2013
    I really just don't get it. It's not even good 22 ammo that you use for hunting or benchrest. It's blasting ammo that has a high failure rate. It's not something to hoard, yet people are for some unknown reason.

I really just don't get it. Why in the world would people hoard 22? I can understand having a stock pile of hunting ammo, defense ammo, etc...

But 22 blasting ammo?????

It is ridiculous and it has already been this way for years. It's going to be this way for years to come too.

teddy12b

Grandmaster
    Trainer Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    40   0   0
    Nov 25, 2008
    I really just don't get it. It's not even good 22 ammo that you use for hunting or benchrest. It's blasting ammo that has a high failure rate. It's not something to hoard, yet people are for some unknown reason.

I really just don't get it. Why in the world would people hoard 22? I can understand having a stock pile of hunting ammo, defense ammo, etc...

But 22 blasting ammo?????

Every bit of this shortage just sucks. No way around it, but I doubt there's many people right now who don't wish they'd have bought more of it back when it was plentiful and dirt cheap. The blasting ammo is the most popular for 22lr's. Personally I'm shooting a lot more high powered rifle ammo right now than I need to because it's easier to find and not much more expensive than 22lr. Keep in mind that for a while there when every AR was over $1,000 it never seemed like it'd ever end and once it did the rifle kits are slow to sell for under $500. Once this surge of buying pressure slows down I think we'll see some incredible deals on 22lr ammo again just like we did in the "good old days". It'll come back, but I'd also agree that I'm getting impatient as well. Going on 2 years is long enough.

Bfish

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Feb 24, 2013
    I also think it will come back, look at what happened with 223 for example, it ended up being lower than it was before people started buying... The swing on the 22 is just much bigger! As long as it doesn't take so long to come back that costs are up by that point I don't see any reason it wouldn't be lower or right back to the original price before all the craziness.

M67

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jan 15, 2011
    Southernish Indiana
    Only $44.99 for a brick of rimfire? They can stick it where the sun don't shine......

Shame I missed this, but you know not all 22 ammo is the same right? There are $25 a brick stuff, some $50, some $200.

If you look up CCI 0035 (which is what the $44.99 a brick stuff at PSA is), you can see that's right in line with everyone else

Top Bottom