• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • NyleRN

Master
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Dec 14, 2013
    Scottsburg
    I usually smoke for 4-5hrs before going into the crock pot but ran out of time last night. But you season the roast just like you would a brisket. Smoke then put in crock pot. Add your baby carrots and taters. I usually cut up an onion too. *Add NO liquid such as broth or water*
    Lay a whole stick of butter on top of the roast. Add 1 packet of ranch dressing powder. Then 5-6 pepperocini peppers. Then I like to add a few tablespoons of the pepper juice for extra flavor. Cover and let it marinate. That's how I do mine. Everyone's recipe varies some
    20230324_182000.jpg

phylodog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Mar 7, 2008
    Arcadia
    Smoking six birds for an upcoming vacation today. Had to split them in to two batches and I'm waiting on the last two birds to finish up. I split them and seasoned them well with cajun seasoning yesterday before tossing them in to ziplock bags overnight. Straight on to the smoker late morning and I've been holding temps around 300*F- 330*F most of the day. Should turn out great, they smell amazing.

ZJy4llVh.jpg

p81bulmh.jpg

I laid out some Omaha Steaks filets we were gifted for Christmas yesterday then the wife and daughter brought home some fresh shrimp from Costco today so I decided to go with both. Lots of old bay, a few potatoes and a lemon boiled with the shrimp and the filets were grilled on my BGE at around 500*F dome temp.

gHNfNjVh.jpg

Bought a new Lodge cast iron grill pan and it worked great for peppers and onions. Hopefully I can keep it from rusting.
    x4kNNh5h.jpg

Last edited:

d.kaufman

Still Here
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    130   0   0
    Mar 9, 2013
    Hobart
    I'm trying to decide what to smoke for Father's Day. I'm thinking either a chicken or ribs, brisket is an option too, at this point.

BehindBlueI's

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Oct 3, 2012
    We had some folks over yesterday evening so I did burgers on the KJ.

6 lbs of 80/20 beef
    5 tbsp seasoned salt
    4 tbsp garlic
    grind fresh mixed pepper over it until it looks like enough
    Few splashes of Worcestershire sauce

Hand mix until evenly spread

1/4 lb patties are the perfect size so people can choose a single or a double. I do 1/3 lb if it's going to be a single.

Sautee onions on the griddle prior to doing the burgers or toasting the buns and they'll suck up some of the onion flavor.

I mostly cook them on the griddle plate, then move to the wire rack over a heat deflector to melt the cheese on top. Havarti was the most popular among my guests.

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    My Teen son has discovered smashburgers. Loves them.

Ive got a gas grill that is on its last leg and I need a new one. Ive got a small 1/3 size two sided cast iron topper (flat/ridges) and it does OK, but I have learned that while it fits two patties, it doesnt have enough thermal mass to cook them together. The only way to get good charred edges is to start a burger on the left, when its time, flip it over on the right side. Then I have to left the left side recover while the right side cooks.

Especially buying a new grill, I just cant justify a Blackstone too for just one or two dishes. I really like the charring coals give me, and I have already compromised by going gas for convenience. I also dont want the extra toy taking up space for just a couple dishes. I wouldnt switch entirely to a griddle.

Any suggestions for a full size topper? Doesnt have to be cast iron. I'm sure the new grill can keep up with the heat.

Hoosier Carry

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 20, 2012
    In the Woods
    Any suggestions for a full size topper? Doesnt have to be cast iron. I'm sure the new grill can keep up with the heat.
    That aluminum griddle plate I posted up a little came from Walmart for @$20. I thought it did fine over my gas grill grates. Room to cook 6 burgers to smash and the cheese fried up around the edges as it melted to the griddle. Plus the aluminum seems to scrape and clean easy.
    I agree with you on the room these toys take up plus the cost. Im good with the poor boy methods because I’m not running a business.
    I would like a pellet smoker and really like the looks of the weber searwood, but $800 is not happening right now. Charcoal and babysitting is king!

mikek

What, Me Worry??
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Nov 24, 2019
    mooresville
    Hmmmm

Mississippi pot roast? Sounds really good!
    Tell more?
    The way I do it is smoke a chuck roast till it hits about 160 then I put it in a foil pan with a pack of au jus gravy, packet of ranch and a jar of pepperoni peppers and a stick of butter. Cover and bring to 200 then pull it apart and serve

Top Bottom