• KellyinAvon

Blue-ID Mafia Consigliere
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 22, 2012
    Avon
    ISRPA members may see something very similar in the future!

Senator,

House Bill 1235 (Prohibited causes of action concerning firearms) is up for a hearing in the Senate Corrections and Criminal Law Committee Tuesday 20 February at 0830 in Room 130 at the Indiana Statehouse.

This bill prohibits political subdivisions (any government entity below Indiana State-level) from filing nuisance lawsuits against firearms and ammunition manufacturers, dealers, sellers, and trade associations.
    HB 1235 would also put an end to a 25 year old lawsuit (Gary v Glock) that is currently putting the personal information on an estimated 400,000 ATF Form 4473s at risk.

I know I can count on you for your support

Thank you
    Bump the 1235, raise the 1084!

Senator,

I am reaching out to encourage your support for House Bill 1084, Privacy of firearms financial transactions.

There are countless examples of banks and payment processors discriminating against law-abiding citizens, businesses, and industries because of activities that are legal and constitutionally protected.

Large banks including Citibank have discriminated against firearms retailers, manufacturers and other firearms-related businesses including training. A JP Morgan/Chase-owned payment processor refused service based solely on the political affiliation of a guest speaker. The North Dakota coal industry has had significant problems maintaining insurance due to Environmental Social Governance (ESG) scores.

As more information comes out on the depth of warrantless surveillance by Executive Branch entities is exposed, we see the importance of having HB 1084 codified into law. Recent US House Committee hearings exposed warrantless surveillance being conducted by both the Justice and Treasury Departments. Such activity is abhorrent to freedom-loving Americans, but seen as an opportunity to eliminate dissent by those in charge of financial service providers in collusion with Executive Branch entities.

I know I can count on your support of this vital legislation.

Thank you,

Name
    Address
    Phone

KellyinAvon

Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 22, 2012
    Avon
    ISRPA members should see a combo 1235/1084 email later today. Tryin to walk the line on providing valuable info and making the SPAM folder.

J Galt

Expert
    Rating - 93.3%
    14   1   0
    Mar 21, 2020
    Indianapolis
    Hope this isn't a duplicate:

From an NRA-ILA email:

To take action: https://speak4.app/lp/3f5f45/ [There is a second page to go to]

This week, the Senate Insurance and Financial Institutions Committee will hold a hearing on House Bill 1084, The Second Amendment Privacy Act, a bill to prohibit the use of firearm-related Merchant Category Codes. Please contact your state Senator and tell them to support HB 1084.

Collecting firearm retailer financial transaction data amounts to surveillance and registration of law-abiding gun owners and several states have already enacted legislation prohibiting or discouraging use of the firearm retailer MCC. HB 1084 will protect gun owner data relating to payment card transactions involving firearms and ammunition retailers.
    Additionally, the Senate Corrections and Criminal Law Committee will hold a hearing on House Bill 1235. This legislation will make Indiana law consistent with other states by prohibiting local governments from lodging frivolous lawsuits against firearm manufacturers. For years cities like Gary, Indiana have sued firearm manufacturers for the unlawful misuse of their products by criminals. In response, more than 35 states and Congress have passed laws to protect the firearm industry from these politically driven lawsuits. This bill will give firearm manufacturers in Indiana these same protections. Please contact your state Senator and tell them to support HB 1235.

1708375923931.png

JAL

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 14, 2017
    Indiana

Senator,

I am reaching out to encourage your support for House Bill 1084, Privacy of firearms financial transactions.

There are countless examples of banks and payment processors discriminating against law-abiding citizens, businesses, and industries because of activities that are legal and constitutionally protected.

Large banks including Citibank have discriminated against firearms retailers, manufacturers and other firearms-related businesses including training. A JP Morgan/Chase-owned payment processor refused service based solely on the political affiliation of a guest speaker. The North Dakota coal industry has had significant problems maintaining insurance due to Environmental Social Governance (ESG) scores.

As more information comes out on the depth of warrantless surveillance by Executive Branch entities is exposed, we see the importance of having HB 1084 codified into law. Recent US House Committee hearings exposed warrantless surveillance being conducted by both the Justice and Treasury Departments. Such activity is abhorrent to freedom-loving Americans, but seen as an opportunity to eliminate dissent by those in charge of financial service providers in collusion with Executive Branch entities.

Thank you,

Name
    Address
    Phone
    Sent mine today . . . not entirely identical but thanks for some better wording for portions I was struggling with. Included some remarks about California now requiring specific MCC to isolate gun store, gun and ammo transactions.

"Dear Senator [last name],
    I am writing to encourage your support for HB 1084, Privacy of Firearms Transactions.
    This bill is set for a hearing in the Senate Insurance and Financial Institutions Committee Wednesday 21 February at 10:00 in Room 130 at the Indiana Statehouse. It prohibits a government entity or any other person from keeping any list, record, or registry of: (1) privately owned firearms; or (2) the owners of firearms; with respect to Indiana consumers. Also prohibits use of Merchant Category Codes (MCC) that specifically identifies gun store, firearm, or ammunition transactions to create said lists, or block/deny otherwise lawful transactions.
    This is not the prevention of a “future” risk or threat. It is a present one already exploited by the FBI via the U.S. Treasury Department’s FinCEN (Financial Crimes Enforcement Network) to collect data about gun owners in particular without a warrant, subpoena or court order, by strong-arming banks and credit unions into culling all their data to satisfy their requests. Recent US House Committee hearings exposed the depth and breadth of this warrantless surveillance being conducted by both the Justice and Treasury Departments. California is now requiring banking and credit union entities to create specific MCC for gun stores, gun and ammunition transactions, to isolate them from more ambiguous ones related to Sporting Goods. Once implemented within the banking and credit union industry, they will be used in Indiana unless blocked by state law.
    Such activity is abhorrent to freedom-loving Americans, but seen as an opportunity to eliminate dissent by those in charge of financial service providers in collusion with Executive Branch entities. As more information comes out on the depth of warrantless surveillance by Executive Branch entities is exposed, we see the importance of having HB 1084 codified into law.
    I know I can count on your support to ensure this important bill passes Senate Committee and on the Senate Floor.
    Best Wishes,
    [Full Name, etc.]"

JAL

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 14, 2017
    Indiana

Senator,

Thank you,

Name
    Address
    Phone
    Sent mine today . . . not entirely identical but thanks for some better wording for portions I was struggling with. Included some remarks about California now requiring specific MCC to isolate gun store, gun and ammo transactions.

"Dear Senator [last name],
    I am writing to encourage your support for HB 1084, Privacy of Firearms Transactions.
    This bill is set for a hearing in the Senate Insurance and Financial Institutions Committee Wednesday 21 February at 10:00 in Room 130 at the Indiana Statehouse. It prohibits a government entity or any other person from keeping any list, record, or registry of: (1) privately owned firearms; or (2) the owners of firearms; with respect to Indiana consumers. Also prohibits use of Merchant Category Codes (MCC) that specifically identifies gun store, firearm, or ammunition transactions to create said lists, or block/deny otherwise lawful transactions.
    This is not the prevention of a “future” risk or threat. It is a present one already exploited by the FBI via the U.S. Treasury Department’s FinCEN (Financial Crimes Enforcement Network) to collect data about gun owners in particular without a warrant, subpoena or court order, by strong-arming banks and credit unions into culling all their data to satisfy their requests. Recent US House Committee hearings exposed the depth and breadth of this warrantless surveillance being conducted by both the Justice and Treasury Departments. California is now requiring banking and credit union entities to create specific MCC for gun stores, gun and ammunition transactions, to isolate them from more ambiguous ones related to Sporting Goods. Once implemented within the banking and credit union industry, they will be used in Indiana unless blocked by state law.
    Such activity is abhorrent to freedom-loving Americans, but seen as an opportunity to eliminate dissent by those in charge of financial service providers in collusion with Executive Branch entities. As more information comes out on the depth of warrantless surveillance by Executive Branch entities is exposed, we see the importance of having HB 1084 codified into law.
    I know I can count on your support to ensure this important bill passes Senate Committee and on the Senate Floor.
    Best Wishes,
    [Full Name, etc.]"

Have YOU sent your email to your senator yet? Do it today!
    Choose the Senator tab to get to your Senator.
    https://iga.in.gov/information/find-legislators

:stickpoke:

de1783c9-3573-4039-81ea-64572eabe864_text.gif

KellyinAvon

Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 22, 2012
    Avon
    Hope this isn't a duplicate:

From an NRA-ILA email:

To take action: https://speak4.app/lp/3f5f45/ [There is a second page to go to]

This week, the Senate Insurance and Financial Institutions Committee will hold a hearing on House Bill 1084, The Second Amendment Privacy Act, a bill to prohibit the use of firearm-related Merchant Category Codes. Please contact your state Senator and tell them to support HB 1084.

Collecting firearm retailer financial transaction data amounts to surveillance and registration of law-abiding gun owners and several states have already enacted legislation prohibiting or discouraging use of the firearm retailer MCC. HB 1084 will protect gun owner data relating to payment card transactions involving firearms and ammunition retailers.
    Additionally, the Senate Corrections and Criminal Law Committee will hold a hearing on House Bill 1235. This legislation will make Indiana law consistent with other states by prohibiting local governments from lodging frivolous lawsuits against firearm manufacturers. For years cities like Gary, Indiana have sued firearm manufacturers for the unlawful misuse of their products by criminals. In response, more than 35 states and Congress have passed laws to protect the firearm industry from these politically driven lawsuits. This bill will give firearm manufacturers in Indiana these same protections. Please contact your state Senator and tell them to support HB 1235.

View attachment 334123
    Tomorrow will be the long day at the Statehouse. It looks like 1235 will be 7th of 8 bills up in committee.

I need to check the camera coverage in that room, don't want the usual suspects commenting on me snarfing a protein bar.

KellyinAvon

Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 22, 2012
    Avon
    ISRPA members may see something very similar in the future!

Senator,

House Bill 1235 (Prohibited causes of action concerning firearms) is up for a hearing in the Senate Corrections and Criminal Law Committee Tuesday 20 February at 0830 in Room 130 at the Indiana Statehouse.

This bill prohibits political subdivisions (any government entity below Indiana State-level) from filing nuisance lawsuits against firearms and ammunition manufacturers, dealers, sellers, and trade associations.
    HB 1235 would also put an end to a 25 year old lawsuit (Gary v Glock) that is currently putting the personal information on an estimated 400,000 ATF Form 4473s at risk.

I know I can count on you for your support

Thank you
    If you haven't done so...

KellyinAvon

Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 22, 2012
    Avon

Senator,

Thank you,

Name
    Address
    Phone
    If you have done so Part 2... Electric Boogaloo

Reactions: JAL

JAL

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 14, 2017
    Indiana
    Livestream link for today's Senate Hearing on HB 1235 to finally put a wooden stake in the heart of the 25 year old Gary gun store and manufacturer Lawsuit at 8:30AM in Rm 130. It will be #6 in the lineup. Livestream should start at about 8:30AM or very shortly thereafter. You'll be able to see our very own @KellyinAvon and @GuyRelford in the flesh.

https://iga.in.gov/session/2024/video/livestreams/meeting/a94a94e3-da70-41ab-a298-3219001f3a58

Note that a decent bill sponsored by Jim Lucas, HB 1143, about law enforcement disposal of firearms will be #4 in the lineup.

KellyinAvon

Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 22, 2012
    Avon
    Livestream link for today's Senate Hearing on HB 1235 to finally put a wooden stake in the heart of the 25 year old Gary gun store and manufacturer Lawsuit at 8:30AM in Rm 130. It will be #6 in the lineup. Livestream should start at about 8:30AM or very shortly thereafter. You'll be able to see our very own @KellyinAvon and @GuyRelford in the flesh.

https://iga.in.gov/session/2024/video/livestreams/meeting/a94a94e3-da70-41ab-a298-3219001f3a58

Note that a decent bill sponsored by Jim Lucas, HB 1143, about law enforcement disposal of firearms will be #4 in the lineup.
    I got a good 2 minutes on 1143... I really won't have anything else going on at the time ;)

Top Bottom