• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • JAL

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 14, 2017
    Indiana
    Janet Yellen was taken to task by Republicans on the U.S. Senate Banking Committee today, including the Ranking Member, Tim Scott. I'm working now to get a video excerpt of it as the entire hearing is over two hours long. Senator Scott mentioned the spying on bank accounts in his opening remarks as Ranking Member.
    @KellyinAvon
    @GuyRelford

State Senator Scott Baldwin needs to see this video along with its companion from yesterday's House hearing that I posted earlier (yesterday evening).

Video of Senator Tim Scott's remarks to Janet Yellen as Ranking Member at the beginning of the hearing followed by Senator Hagerty during his portion of the hearing questioning Yellen. She had to know this was coming from someone based on the House hearing yesterday. Took me a while to edit out two hours of material not relevant to the spying on people's bank accounts.

Last edited:

JAL

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 14, 2017
    Indiana

Answers to Kennedy's questions don't address retirees on FIXED PENSIONS -- that will NEVER increase! NOBODY addresses what fixed pension retirees do about rampant inflation. I return you to the issue at hand . . . Treasury Department FinCEN spying on bank accounts and legal transactions using keywords, key phrases and similar parameters . . . and Finance institutions going along with it willingly -- no warrant -- no subpoena -- no court order -- to avoid Treasury descending on them with regulation inspections (the veiled threat).

I've posted videos containing both the House and Senate testimony about Treasury Dept FinCEN spying.

Last edited:

BigMoose

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 14, 2012
    Indianapolis
    Bills referred to senate committees.

1707761532086.png
    This committee has a meeting on the 14th, but this bill is not on the list.

1707761616470.png
    This committee has a meeting on the 13th, but this bill is not on the list.

1707761708917.png

So @KellyinAvon maybe you can get a two fer with the corrections-and-criminal-law comitee

KellyinAvon

Blue-ID Mafia Consigliere
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 22, 2012
    Avon
    Bills referred to senate committees.

View attachment 332449
    This committee has a meeting on the 14th, but this bill is not on the list.

View attachment 332450

View attachment 332451

So @KellyinAvon maybe you can get a two fer with the corrections-and-criminal-law comitee
    YYYYYYYYYYYYYEEEEEEEEEEEEEEESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

NOT in the Judiciary Committee :rockwoot:

KellyinAvon

Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 22, 2012
    Avon
    Looking at the calendar the hearings will be a combination of 20/21 Feb and/or 27/28 Feb. I really look for 20/21 (next week) because they are going to want to get as much done as soon as possible to avoid the end of session logjam. (Did the logjam bill pass?)

@BigMoose if 1143 is the same day as 1235, I'll see if I can put something together. Should be pretty easy since it has safeguards for locating the legal owner, prohibits sale of anything dangerous, saves the taxpayer money, and provides for needed LEO equipment. I'm in favor of all those things.

BigMoose

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 14, 2012
    Indianapolis
    Looking at the calendar the hearings will be a combination of 20/21 Feb and/or 27/28 Feb. I really look for 20/21 (next week) because they are going to want to get as much done as soon as possible to avoid the end of session logjam. (Did the logjam bill pass?)

@BigMoose if 1143 is the same day as 1235, I'll see if I can put something together. Should be pretty easy since it has safeguards for locating the legal owner, prohibits sale of anything dangerous, saves the taxpayer money, and provides for needed LEO equipment. I'm in favor of all those things.
    Hopefully the conference chair obliges.

These committee chairs wield a ton of power in the Indiana Legislative Session. It amazes me really. They have the sole abillity to determine what gets heard, and what gets buried.

KellyinAvon

Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 22, 2012
    Avon
    View attachment 333160
    Legislative Alert
    @KellyinAvon we are up.
    Feb 20 - Tuesday, 8:30 AM - Room 130

Senate Corrections and Criminal Law hearing.​

HB 1143 and HB 1235 for the Two Fer hearing.

View attachment 333166
    I was just looking at this a little bit ago.

I guess I need to get some words on paper for 1143.

Room 130 SUCKS!! That's the one you're backed up against the giant pillar that holds up the building.

Looking at that list of bills I'll need to do some planning. I'll need to be sitting off-camera so @BigMoose doesn't catch me snarfing a protein bar :lmfao:

BigMoose

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 14, 2012
    Indianapolis
    I was just looking at this a little bit ago.

I guess I need to get some words on paper for 1143.

Room 130 SUCKS!! That's the one you're backed up against the giant pillar that holds up the building.

Looking at that list of bills I'll need to do some planning. I'll need to be sitting off-camera so @BigMoose doesn't catch me snarfing a protein bar :lmfao:
    The cameras with AI detection software are always scanning,

KellyinAvon

Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 22, 2012
    Avon
    ISRPA members may see something very similar in the future!

Senator,

House Bill 1235 (Prohibited causes of action concerning firearms) is up for a hearing in the Senate Corrections and Criminal Law Committee Tuesday 20 February at 0830 in Room 130 at the Indiana Statehouse.

This bill prohibits political subdivisions (any government entity below Indiana State-level) from filing nuisance lawsuits against firearms and ammunition manufacturers, dealers, sellers, and trade associations.
    HB 1235 would also put an end to a 25 year old lawsuit (Gary v Glock) that is currently putting the personal information on an estimated 400,000 ATF Form 4473s at risk.

I know I can count on you for your support

Thank you

JAL

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 14, 2017
    Indiana

Senator,

House Bill 1235 (Prohibited causes of action concerning firearms) is up for a hearing in the Senate Corrections and Criminal Law Committee Tuesday 20 February at 0830 in Room 130 at the Indiana Statehouse.

This bill prohibits political subdivisions (any government entity below Indiana State-level) from filing nuisance lawsuits against firearms and ammunition manufacturers, dealers, sellers, and trade associations.
    HB 1235 would also put an end to a 25 year old lawsuit (Gary v Glock) that is currently putting the personal information on an estimated 400,000 ATF Form 4473s at risk.

Thank you
    DONE! Reworded mine a bit as my senator isn't on the committee but has an influential position in the Senate as a whole.

Last edited:

KellyinAvon

Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 22, 2012
    Avon
    To quote Keith Jackson, WHOA NELLIE!!!

Looks like I need to do some work-work this weekend, between Tuesday and Wednesday at the Statehouse and Friday at the Deer, Turkey and Waterfowl Expo I'll need to cheat a bit.

We pulled several dems on 1084, 1235 will be the fight. I look for the DC and Philadelphia lawyers (nobody local from Gary is involved anymore) to show up Tuesday.

DadSmith

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 21, 2018
    Ripley County

Senator,

Thank you
    Done

I contacted my senator Leising and representative Zimmerman.

Use this link to find your congressman.

Last edited:

BigMoose

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 14, 2012
    Indianapolis
    To quote Keith Jackson, WHOA NELLIE!!!

Looks like I need to do some work-work this weekend, between Tuesday and Wednesday at the Statehouse and Friday at the Deer, Turkey and Waterfowl Expo I'll need to cheat a bit.

We pulled several dems on 1084, 1235 will be the fight. I look for the DC and Philadelphia lawyers (nobody local from Gary is involved anymore) to show up Tuesday.

Wednesday, 10:00 AM
    Your favorite Room 130

KellyinAvon

Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 22, 2012
    Avon
    Wednesday, 10:00 AM
    Your favorite Room 130
    Yeah Room 130 sucks canal water. HB 1084 bats lead-off on Wednesday... that makes up for what we'll sit through on Tuesday.

More to follow on the bills up first on Tuesday.

KellyinAvon

Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 22, 2012
    Avon
    Oi you realize that canal by the statehouse is part of Indianapolis water system :p
    Hhhhmmmm... a lot to think about here.

Serious note: the bills before 1143 on Tuesday... might need a new emoji for these.

JAL

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 14, 2017
    Indiana
    Oi you realize that canal by the statehouse is part of Indianapolis water system :p
    The original pump house with the old turbines is still along the canal. It's now a museum that shows how the original pressurized water system worked. On Washington St and the Canal, it was built in 1870 with water wheels. The turbines were installed in 1908 and it pumped water until 1969,

Top Bottom