• chipbennett

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 18, 2014
    Avon
    [Gay Pride parades have entered the chat]

Seriously: do people not recognize what the play is here? The antis are trying to Joe Cool route: trying to make any mention or sight of guns not just uncool, but socially unacceptable. The only effective way to combat that is to present a counter message, demonstrating a proper view of guns.

Just like the LGB community did, letting their "freak flags fly", and in so doing, normalized the open portrayal of LGB culture among society. It works. People of the gun should not fear the tactic.
    A perfect example of what the left are attempting to do, culturally:

BigMoose

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 14, 2012
    Indianapolis
    I dunno, but they only work like 2.5 to 3 months out of the year at this job (I think it depends on if its a budget year)
    At least when I was a kid, the senator our class visited said he worked a second job the rest of the year.

I have no idea if they still need to do that.

DadSmith

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 21, 2018
    Ripley County
    SO FAR, SO GOOD! We're just coming out of "halftime" of the 2024 session of the Indiana General Assembly. That means that all the bills that were filed in one chamber (Senate or House of Representatives) must have made it through that chamber (committee hearing, 2nd reading for amendments and 3rd reading for a vote on the floor of the chamber). Any bill that didn't complete all of those steps in the chamber in which it was filed is now dead. With that in mind, here are the bills that The 2A Project supported and opposed with their current status: Bills we opposed and are now DEAD: SB 24: Raising the age to carry a gun under Constitutional Carry to 21 (currently 18). SB 26 / SB 163: Prohibition of firearms at polling places SB 66: Universal background checks SB 95: Amendment of preemption statute to allow local governments (including Indianapolis/Marion County) to regulate firearms. SB 236: Expungement; restrictions on right to possess a firearm even after conviction expunged. HB 1044: Raising minimum age to buy a firearm to 21 (currently 18 for rifles & shotguns) HB 1325: “Safe storage” of firearms We also supported the following bills that have PASSED in the House of Representatives and been sent over to the Senate. T2AP president Guy Relford testified in favor of each of these bills in their committee hearings: 1084: Privacy of firearms transactions (prohibits use of credit card codes for gun store purchases) HB 1235: Would require dismissal of Gary lawsuit against gun industry and require any such lawsuit in the future to be filed only by the State. We also supported SB 28, which would prohibit the use of "social credit scores" by financial institutions, which consider a variety of factors, including involvement in the firearms industry. We had a very productive hearing on the bill in the Senate Insurance and Financial Institutions Committee, but ultimately the committee did not believe the bill was in a form that they could support at this time. For that reason, the chairman did not call for a vote on the bill. Still, we expect to see some of this bill's protections get amended into another bill as the session moves through the Senate (possibly HB 1084). We greatly appreciate the great support we received from T2AP members in the committee hearings on HB 1084 and 1235. Several members not only attended the hearings but testified in support of the bills - and this helps TREMENDOUSLY. We will continue to keep you advised as these bills make their way to through the Senate. We are currently awaiting committee assignments, although we expect HB 1235 to be assigned to the Judiciary Committee (with anti-2A chairman, Sen. Liz Brown) and HB 1084 to be assigned to the Insurance & Financial Institutions Committee. Guy Relford, CEO & Founder guy@The2AProject.com

If this is the wrong thread for this let me know.

JAL

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 14, 2017
    Indiana
    And we pay these schmucks how much??
    The task was first reading which is a required technical procedure. It's a vestige of nearly a century ago prior to electronic copies and emails when you might have only a couple copies of a bill handwritten on parchment using quill pens. Thus, the effort is to get through it expeditiously to meet the requirement. Those who want more information can write down or look up the bill numbers afterward. The real work occurs in committee and what goes on to get a bill through -- or blocked by -- a committee. That is where a bill will succeed or fail. 3rd reading on floor and debate there is more Kabuki Theater than anything else. The result in the floor vote is predictable.

TheGrumpyGuy

Get off my lawn!
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 12, 2020
    Look behind you
    The task was first reading which is a required technical procedure. It's a vestige of nearly a century ago prior to electronic copies and emails when you might have only a couple copies of a bill handwritten on parchment using quill pens. Thus, the effort is to get through it expeditiously to meet the requirement. Those who want more information can write down or look up the bill numbers afterward. The real work occurs in committee and what goes on to get a bill through -- or blocked by -- a committee. That is where a bill will succeed or fail. 3rd reading on floor and debate there is more Kabuki Theater than anything else. The result in the floor vote is predictable.
    Guess I let myself be led straight off the end of the pier with the bait that was provided...

• Haha
    Reactions: JAL

JAL

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 14, 2017
    Indiana
    @KellyinAvon
    @GuyRelford

Testimony of Treasury Secretary Janet Yellen before the House Financial Services Committee, answering questions from Ann Wagner (R-MO) is telling about why HB 1084 isn't enough. We need provisions of the (now dead) SB 28 to prevent the abuse. It's not just MCC codes. And it's being gathered without warrants or court orders . . . just veiled threats to major banks regarding regulators making their lives Hell if they don't cooperate.

Cliff Notes Version:
    Yellen gave a stream of weasel waffle words to avoid answering why the Feds are trolling through everyone's bank transactions using keywords and key phrases to ID those the Biden Administration considers conservatives, and then flagging them as Extremist Domestic Terrorists. The KeyBank presentation slide is an example of it. Straight out of the same playbook as the rabid IRS persecution of Tea Party members. It goes beyond 2A gun rights, it hits at the very core of 1st Amendment and 4th Amendment rights. Think about what was done to Mike Lindell and My Pillow. He was crucified financially and nearly destroyed completely for backing Donald Trump.

I'm looking to find appropriate video of the interaction that took place yesterday (Tues. Feb. 6th). State Senator Baldwin needs to see it. It's beyond insidious, it's outright nefarious. I saw sound bites of it on Fox News "America's Newsroom" at 10:00 AM this morning (Wed Feb 7th). IMHO the IBA and ICUL (Indiana bank and credit union industry associations) want to be able to willingly kowtow secretly to government threats akin to Gangster Protection Racket extortion, then wash their hands and walk away from it . . . like Pontius Pilate did.

JAL

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 14, 2017
    Indiana
    . . .
    Testimony of Treasury Secretary Janet Yellen before the House Financial Services Committee, answering questions from Ann Wagner (R-MO) is telling about why HB 1084 isn't enough. We need provisions of the (now dead) SB 28 to prevent the abuse. It's not just MCC codes. And it's being gathered without warrants or court orders . . . just veiled threats to major banks regarding regulators making their lives Hell if they don't cooperate.

Cliff Notes Version:
    Yellen gave a stream of weasel waffle words to avoid answering why the Feds are trolling through everyone's bank transactions using keywords and key phrases to ID those the Biden Administration considers conservatives, and then flagging them as Extremist Domestic Terrorists. The KeyBank presentation slide is an example of it. Straight out of the same playbook as the rabid IRS persecution of Tea Party members. It goes beyond 2A gun rights, it hits at the very core of 1st Amendment and 4th Amendment rights. Think about what was done to Mike Lindell and My Pillow. He was crucified financially and nearly destroyed completely for backing Donald Trump.

I'm looking to find appropriate video of the interaction that took place yesterday (Tues. Feb. 6th). State Senator Baldwin needs to see it. It's beyond insidious, it's outright nefarious. I saw sound bites of it on Fox News "America's Newsroom" at 10:00 AM this morning (Wed Feb 7th). IMHO the IBA and ICUL (Indiana bank and credit union industry associations) want to be able to willingly kowtow secretly to government threats akin to Gangster Protection Racket extortion, then wash their hands and walk away from it . . . like Pontius Pilate did.

@KellyinAvon
    @GuyRelford

Here is the segment of Yellen's testimony answering Congresswoman Ann Wagner's (R-MO) direct questioning about the Biden Administration trolling through bank records of legal transactions for nefarious political purposes. Weasel-word waffling to evade admitting the Biden Administration is playing 1984 Big Brother spying on law-abiding citizens for nefarious political reasons.

Last edited:

Ark

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Feb 18, 2017
    Indy

Too bad our legislators weren't paying attention today when the best possible argument for fast-tracking the financial bill dropped.

Spend $2,500 on guns, get a door knock.

KellyinAvon

Blue-ID Mafia Consigliere
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 22, 2012
    Avon
    Here is the segment of Yellen's testimony answering Congresswoman Ann Wagner's (R-MO) direct questioning about the Biden Administration trolling through bank records of legal transactions for nefarious political purposes. Weasel-word waffling to evade admitting the Biden Administration is playing 1984 Big Brother spying on law-abiding citizens for nfarious political reasons.

That was terrifying.

JAL

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 14, 2017
    Indiana
    That was terrifying.
    Janet Yellen was taken to task by Republicans on the U.S. Senate Banking Committee today, including the Ranking Member, Tim Scott. I'm working now to get a video excerpt of it as the entire hearing is over two hours long. Senator Scott mentioned the spying on bank accounts in his opening remarks as Ranking Member.

Last edited:

KellyinAvon

Blue-ID Mafia Consigliere
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 22, 2012
    Avon
    Janet Yellen was taken to task by Republicans on the U.S. Senate Banking Committee today, including the Ranking Member, Tim Scott. I'm working now to get a video excerpt of it as the entire hearing is over two hours long. Senator Scott mentioned the spying on bank accounts in his opening remarks as Ranking Member.
    She got BEAT DOWN in the video you'd previously posted.

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville

Top Bottom