• ...and so much more!
  • BigMoose

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 14, 2012
    Indianapolis
    @KellyinAvon

We have not been watching, but another gun bill looks like its going to pass the house.

This is the Lucas "LE sell to FFLs" one

"Permits a law enforcement agency to dispose of certain confiscated firearms by trade with a licensed firearms dealer, a licensed firearm manufacturer, or another law enforcement agency in exchange for new firearms and other law enforcement equipment. Sets forth the recording and reporting requirements for the trade of firearms by a law enforcement agency."

KellyinAvon

Blue-ID Mafia Consigliere
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 22, 2012
    Avon
    OK, the video for SB 28 on 31 January is up. Time points and link is below.

Begin at 20:00. SB 180 was first and was pretty interesting (digital currency stuff)

20:45: Jim Tomes introduces SB 28

23:20: David Elliott, Indiana State Treasurer
    30:36: Fady's questions start
    32:15: Fady gets shut down by the Committee Chair

33:20: Elise Nieshalla, Indiana State Comptroller

36:15: Gregory Cantor (Cattor?) representing self
    - Was at HB 1084 hearing
    - Good to have him on the team

38:08: Me (ISRPA)
    - NRA polo
    - Distinguished grey beard
    - Audible laugh to my Noveske/Gucci-grade comment was Senator Carrasco

44:45: Guy Relford (The 2A Project)
    - Questions start at 50:40

1:01:25: Steve Ellis (Top Guns, Terre Haute)

1:07:14: Paul Fisher representing self
    - Dentist
    - Testified in support of ConC at the contentious hearing

1:09:56: Bankers Assn DB
    - I liked the other one at the HB 1084, this guy sucked
    - Steve Ellis from Top Guns didn't spontaneously combust somehow

1:27:31: Credit Union DB (same one from 1084 hearing)

1:30:06: Jeff AKA Skid representing self
    - Known associate of @Bollorollo
    - Sporting a The 2A Project t-shirt
    - Testified at the contentious ConC hearing
    - Testified at the horrific Indianapolis City/County Counsel hearing last May
    - Good to have Skid on the team

1:32:52: Jim Dora representing self
    - Hotel owner
    - Employs 600+

1:35:50: Charlie Hiltunen representing self
    - ISRPA President
    - NRA Board member
    - Canceled by Hartford Insurance because of (see above)

https://iga.in.gov/session/2024/video/committee_insurance_4000

KellyinAvon

Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 22, 2012
    Avon
    @KellyinAvon

We have not been watching, but another gun bill looks like its going to pass the house.

This is the Lucas "LE sell to FFLs" one

"Permits a law enforcement agency to dispose of certain confiscated firearms by trade with a licensed firearms dealer, a licensed firearm manufacturer, or another law enforcement agency in exchange for new firearms and other law enforcement equipment. Sets forth the recording and reporting requirements for the trade of firearms by a law enforcement agency."
    I spotted that one early on. Fell off my scope with the other bills (2 of which are passed the House and in the Senate.) I think Charlie Hiltunen (ISRPA President) has that one on his scope.

Now I must check out the bill!

BigMoose

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 14, 2012
    Indianapolis
    3rd reading on Monday. Passed out of committee 11-0... only spotted one dem on the committee who supported HB 1084. Should pass the House 80-20 if not 90-10.
    Yep. I am hoping this means we get some interesting used guns pumped into the used market. I mean I doubt Indy will take advantage of this, but any little bit helps.

chipbennett

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 18, 2014
    Avon
    I think for people familiar and comfortable with firearms, sure. For people not familiar, especially younger people, that's probably not going to win hearts and minds.
    [Gay Pride parades have entered the chat]

Seriously: do people not recognize what the play is here? The antis are trying to Joe Cool route: trying to make any mention or sight of guns not just uncool, but socially unacceptable. The only effective way to combat that is to present a counter message, demonstrating a proper view of guns.

Just like the LGB community did, letting their "freak flags fly", and in so doing, normalized the open portrayal of LGB culture among society. It works. People of the gun should not fear the tactic.

JAL

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 14, 2017
    Indiana
    OK, the video for SB 28 on 31 January is up. Time points and link is below.

Begin at 20:00. SB 180 was first and was pretty interesting (digital currency stuff)

20:45: Jim Tomes introduces SB 28

23:20: David Elliott, Indiana State Treasurer
    30:36: Fady's questions start
    32:15: Fady gets shut down by the Committee Chair

33:20: Elise Nieshalla, Indiana State Comptroller

36:15: Gregory Cantor (Cattor?) representing self
    - Was at HB 1084 hearing
    - Good to have him on the team

38:08: Me (ISRPA)
    - NRA polo
    - Distinguished grey beard
    - Audible laugh to my Noveske/Gucci-grade comment was Senator Carrasco

44:45: Guy Relford (The 2A Project)
    - Questions start at 50:40

1:01:25: Steve Ellis (Top Guns, Terre Haute)

1:07:14: Paul Fisher representing self
    - Dentist
    - Testified in support of ConC at the contentious hearing

1:09:56: Bankers Assn DB
    - I liked the other one at the HB 1084, this guy sucked
    - Steve Ellis from Top Guns didn't spontaneously combust somehow

1:27:31: Credit Union DB (same one from 1084 hearing)

1:30:06: Jeff AKA Skid representing self
    - Known associate of @Bollorollo
    - Sporting a The 2A Project t-shirt
    - Testified at the contentious ConC hearing
    - Testified at the horrific Indianapolis City/County Counsel hearing last May
    - Good to have Skid on the team

1:32:52: Jim Dora representing self
    - Hotel owner
    - Employs 600+

1:35:50: Charlie Hiltunen representing self
    - ISRPA President
    - NRA Board member
    - Canceled by Hartford Insurance because of (see above)

https://iga.in.gov/session/2024/video/committee_insurance_4000
    @KellyinAvon @GuyRelford
    We need a full court press on SB 28.

My Pillow and Mike Lindell:

How otherwise do we prevent what occurred to Mike Lindell at the hands of WOKE Lynch Mobs orchestrated ad hoc on Twitter, Instagram, TikTok, etc.? I daresay our legislators are oblivious to those social media platforms and what goes on there. How many even have accounts they look at on Twitter to see what's going on . . . not to mention Instagram and TikTok? Once the Social Justice Warrior Lynch Mob is collectively unleashed on those platforms, they are relentless in the many thousands in pursuing de-banking, getting people fired, getting them evicted, loans foreclosed, etc. Total scorched earth destruction, and they are morally and ethically bankrupt in the methods used, pretending to be customers that will close accounts and boycott, or spreading completely fabricated libel and slander, jamming bank and other financial institution phone lines with thousands of phone calls . . . until they cave in just to make it stop. Think it cannot happen in Indiana? Think again. It can, and it will, when some organization, company or individual falls into their Social Justice Cancelation crosshairs.

NRA v. Vullo:
    How do we prevent the long-distance reach of someone like Vullo in New York, a regulator who threatened banks and insurance companies if they didn't dump the NRA? Such an individual could level threats at multi-state banks, etc., that would coerce them them into de-banking and banning transactions related to specific individuals, organizations or companies with political alliances or engaged in legal businesses they cannot shut down by other means. What would happen if such a threat were leveled at PNC, Chase or KeyBank, to name three, affecting businesses, organizations and individuals in Indiana? This is precisely the kind of veiled threat DoJ and the FBI used to strong-arm banks, very notably KeyBank, into voluntarily handing over account records based on not just MCC, but keywords, key phrases, business names, and other transaction codes. FBI's veiled threat to the banks: "You have such nice businesses that it would be a shame is some regulatory tragedy befell them". Now that they know who to target, the next step is destroying them, starting with de-banking them.

Bank and Credit Union Industry Organization Testimony:
    IMHO, the testimony from IBA (banks) and ICUL (credit unions) in Indiana was twofold. They generally do not want any additional regulation, an understandable stance. They also desire the ability to bend with the wind to kowtow to social and political pressure mounted by special interests to make them happy, and to make the pain and pressure they're exerting go away . . . from the ear-deafening megaphones wielded by a few. They can then just wash their hands and move on without consequences for the carnage they've unjustifiably caused to a business, organization or individual.

It's my belief that HR 1084 doesn't do this . . . that SB 28 with some reconciliation between the two bills if necessary, provides the kind of protection that can prevent Hoosiers from suffering what Mike Lindell did, or the NRA.

Last edited:

DadSmith

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 21, 2018
    Ripley County
    I've been consulting with the Indiana Attorney General's office on an Official Opinion that clarifies Indiana's expungement statute to make it clear that the expungement of a felony conviction (other than a conviction for a "crime of domestic violence") DOES restore a person's right to possess a firearm, even if the expunged conviction was for a "serious violent felony." (NOTE: Many SVFs cannot be expunged at all, and some can only be expunged with the prior agreement of the prosecutor.) Official Opinion 2024-1 was published today, along with a press release from the AG's office. At their request, I provided the following quote for the press release: "Guy Relford, an Indiana attorney, radio host, author, Certified Firearms Instructor, and founder of The2AProject.com also submitted feedback in support of Attorney General Rokita’s Opinion. 'Bureaucrats in Washington have repeatedly attempted to thwart the clear intention of the Indiana General Assembly to restore the right to possess a firearm of persons who have earned the opportunity to expunge their felony convictions,' Relford said. 'In that process, I believe that the FBI and the federal Department of Justice have intentionally mischaracterized and misinterpreted our expungement statute so as to wrongfully deny the Second Amendment rights of Hoosiers. Official Opinion 2024-1, issued today by Indiana Attorney General Todd Rokita, clarifies our expungement statute and demonstrates Indiana's continued fight to protect the Second Amendment rights of Indiana residents against the constant onslaught on those rights by the federal government.'” You can see the full press release and opinion here: https://events.in.gov/event/attorne...n_support_of_hoosiers_second_amendment_rights I was pleased to consult with the AG's office on this opinion and I applaud Attorney General Todd Rokita for again stepping up to fight the federal government to protect 2A rights in Indiana. Guy Relford, Founder guy@The2AProject.com

1706902691547.png

Does this include felons on federal conviction or state only?

KellyinAvon

Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 22, 2012
    Avon
    I've been consulting with the Indiana Attorney General's office on an Official Opinion that clarifies Indiana's expungement statute to make it clear that the expungement of a felony conviction (other than a conviction for a "crime of domestic violence") DOES restore a person's right to possess a firearm, even if the expunged conviction was for a "serious violent felony." (NOTE: Many SVFs cannot be expunged at all, and some can only be expunged with the prior agreement of the prosecutor.) Official Opinion 2024-1 was published today, along with a press release from the AG's office. At their request, I provided the following quote for the press release: "Guy Relford, an Indiana attorney, radio host, author, Certified Firearms Instructor, and founder of The2AProject.com also submitted feedback in support of Attorney General Rokita’s Opinion. 'Bureaucrats in Washington have repeatedly attempted to thwart the clear intention of the Indiana General Assembly to restore the right to possess a firearm of persons who have earned the opportunity to expunge their felony convictions,' Relford said. 'In that process, I believe that the FBI and the federal Department of Justice have intentionally mischaracterized and misinterpreted our expungement statute so as to wrongfully deny the Second Amendment rights of Hoosiers. Official Opinion 2024-1, issued today by Indiana Attorney General Todd Rokita, clarifies our expungement statute and demonstrates Indiana's continued fight to protect the Second Amendment rights of Indiana residents against the constant onslaught on those rights by the federal government.'” You can see the full press release and opinion here: https://events.in.gov/event/attorne...n_support_of_hoosiers_second_amendment_rights I was pleased to consult with the AG's office on this opinion and I applaud Attorney General Todd Rokita for again stepping up to fight the federal government to protect 2A rights in Indiana. Guy Relford, Founder guy@The2AProject.com

View attachment 330124

Does this include felons on federal conviction or state only?
    This one has its own thread.

BigMoose

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 14, 2012
    Indianapolis
    @KellyinAvon @GuyRelford
    We need a full court press on SB 28.
    It is too late for SB 28 this year. Too late in the session. Last chance for third reading is Tuesday,... and it hasn't cleared committee yet

Only chance would be to amend the text into House Bill 1084 which cleared the house, while its in the senate..
    HB 1084 has a really good chance. Though the Senate chair for the committee its in did say he may amend it some. We will see.

JAL

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 14, 2017
    Indiana
    It is too late for SB 28 this year. Too late in the session. Last chance for third reading is Tuesday,... and it hasn't cleared committee yet

Only chance would be to amend the text into House Bill 1084 which cleared the house, while its in the senate..
    HB 1084 has a really good chance. Though the Senate chair for the committee its in did say he may amend it some. We will see.
    I'm hoping this can be done, melding the two together without killing them both in the process.
    @KellyinAvon @GuyRelford

KellyinAvon

Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 22, 2012
    Avon

House Bill 1143 goes up for Third Reading in the house Monday afternoon.​

Looks like Wednesday is the day for the House Bills to get first reading and assigned to committee. Will HB 1235 end up in Corrections and Criminal Law... or Judiciary.

BigMoose

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 14, 2012
    Indianapolis
    3 more bills to go.

HB 1019 took a while, as the person who wrote it, this is his first bill to pass, so there was some pretty crazy house style hazing of a sort that had to go on.

Top Bottom