• KellyinAvon

Blue-ID Mafia Consigliere
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 22, 2012
    Avon
    On To 1253 in the senate chambers. Very swanky, spotted one MDA type, she’s about 150

KellyinAvon

Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 22, 2012
    Avon
    WOW, what a day! I bailed just before 1500 when the MDA-types were starting to testify. I sat through one, knew the weather was nice so I bailed.

Coach, Guy and I all testified on HB 1253 (Firearms Training/Teachers). Spoiler alert: Senator Obtuse III hung two curve balls in the middle of the plate to Coach and he sent them 450 feet into the cheap seats!

Education Committee has the video up. I'm going to give it a look.

Judiciary Committee (this AM, HB 1651, better Laird Law Language and amended with Church Carry/rest of 1643) was a long one to sit through. No video yet but more to follow.

KellyinAvon

Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 22, 2012
    Avon
    Link below for the Education and Career Development Committee works in Explorer.

Fast forward to 0:33:00, Jim Lucas leads off. As always he lays out the case quite well.

0:49:22: Some dude from the Indiana Criminal Justice Institute. No opinion, but they can't process it as-is. Needs something for funding.

0:50:05: Me. I think I did better on the morning bill.

0:53:44: Lisa Tansel, General Counsel for Indiana School Boards Association. Supports, I think anything giving school boards the call on the matter would be supported.

1:00:00: Coach. He was great, Watch for the exchange with Senator Obtuse III at the end. Coach crushed it and sent the ball into the cheap seats.

1:03:50: Guy Relford. A-game as always. It's great to watch a professional work.

1:10:40: MDA-type #1. Incredibly shrill even in a big room. These are from the hieroglyphic scribbles on my notepad:
    - Studies? What studies?
    - No citations
    - No evidence
    - BS on LEO training (this is when she stated the training wasn't long enough. I looked at Coach and said, "Based on her vast experience")
    - Dead victims make the job of the Police easier (I wrote that in response to the tired meme that armed citizens makes it harder for responding Police)
    - Overlooked the kidnapping part of the Richmond School shooter
    - Red Flag laws? After saying school shooters are children? Parkland? WTF??

Parade of various antis until 1:37:30 when Jim Lucas closed the discussion.

Archives - Indiana General Assembly, 2019 Session

Last edited:

chipbennett

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 18, 2014
    Avon
    Still listening. These MDA/Everytown speakers are... really something.

It's probably best that you enjoyed the beautiful afternoon weather instead of subjecting yourself to this nonsense, Kelly.

2A_Tom

Crotchety old member!
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 27, 2010
    NWI
    Thanks for the link.

"Based on her vast experience"

Yea, shrill and stupidly emotionally driven.

She was equating the entire Police Academy hours of training to marksmanship, and yearly qualification is about all of the ongoing training most officers get unless they pay out of pocket.

Coach

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Trainer Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 15, 2008
    Coatesville
    The moms are short on facts and long on how they want the world to be.

Coach

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Trainer Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 15, 2008
    Coatesville
    could be said for most of those on the political left

You are correct. When I have those students in history class and we actually discuss an issue rather than just give testimony. The young often just break down into some version of; "that's the way I want it to be."

BiscuitsandGravy

Future 'shootered'
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Nov 8, 2016
    At my Hermitage
    Link below for the Education and Career Development Committee works in Explorer.

Fast forward to 0:33:00, Jim Lucas leads off. As always he lays out the case quite well.

0:49:22: Some dude from the Indiana Criminal Justice Institute. No opinion, but they can't process it as-is. Needs something for funding.

0:50:05: Me. I think I did better on the morning bill.

0:53:44: Lisa Tansel, General Counsel for Indiana School Boards Association. Supports, I think anything giving school boards the call on the matter would be supported.

1:00:00: Coach. He was great, Watch for the exchange with Senator Obtuse III at the end. Coach crushed it and sent the ball into the cheap seats.

1:03:50: Guy Relford. A-game as always. It's great to watch a professional work.

1:10:40: MDA-type #1. Incredibly shrill even in a big room. These are from the hieroglyphic scribbles on my notepad:
    - Studies? What studies?
    - No citations
    - No evidence
    - BS on LEO training (this is when she stated the training wasn't long enough. I looked at Coach and said, "Based on her vast experience")
    - Dead victims make the job of the Police easier (I wrote that in response to the tired meme that armed citizens makes it harder for responding Police)
    - Overlooked the kidnapping part of the Richmond School shooter
    - Red Flag laws? After saying school shooters are children? Parkland? WTF??

Parade of various antis until 1:37:30 when Jim Lucas closed the discussion.

Archives - Indiana General Assembly, 2019 Session

Looked good except for that strange 'stain' on the upper left of your shirt. It looked like a 'G' something. :):

Coach did hit it out rather well there at the end. :yesway:

KellyinAvon

Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 22, 2012
    Avon
    Looked good except for that strange 'stain' on the upper left of your shirt. It looked like a 'G' something. :):

Coach did hit it out rather well there at the end. :yesway:
    That’s called “embroidery “ there B&G. :p But you get high marks for paying close attention!
    edit: the cameras in there have some weird filter, I don’t have that much grey.

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    The moms are short on facts and long on how they want the world to be.

Maybe someone speaking can point that out one time.
    "The Mom's will be up next. They will make points that have nothing to do with this bill, or they will make unsubstantiated claims".

2A_Tom

Crotchety old member!
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 27, 2010
    NWI
    While I believe that is true, I think it would violate the decorum of the legislature.

chipbennett

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 18, 2014
    Avon
    Does anyone know why HB 1284 didn't get called for a vote in the Senate today? On Facebook, Guy Relford sounded pretty surprised/blindsided, since it was scheduled.

KellyinAvon

Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 22, 2012
    Avon
    Does anyone know why HB 1284 didn't get called for a vote in the Senate today? On Facebook, Guy Relford sounded pretty surprised/blindsided, since it was scheduled.

Guy would have the inside-baseball knowledge if anybody does. He'll have the Intel later I bet.

Top Bottom