Avon

2A_Tom

Crotchety old member!
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 27, 2010
    NWI
    I believe it was from one of the resident anti-NRA folk.

There are a lot of references if you google NRA and federal red flag law.

I didn't click on any of them.

2A-Hoosier23

ammo fiend
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Sep 16, 2018
    Lawrence
    this may deserve its own thread: 10-round magazine limit in California declared UNCONSTITUTIONAL by federal judge. News broke less than an hour ago. Here's the document. This is at the very end of page 85 of the document:

"Accordingly, based upon the law and the evidence, upon which there is no genuine issue, and for the reasons stated in this opinion, Plaintiffs’ motion for summary judgment is granted. 69 California Penal Code § 32310 is hereby declared to be unconstitutional in its entirety and shall be enjoined."

EDIT: Starting a new thread for this topic as it doesn't belong here, whoops

Last edited:

KellyinAvon

Blue-ID Mafia Consigliere
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 22, 2012
    Avon
    I believe it was from one of the resident anti-NRA folk.

There are a lot of references if you google NRA and federal red flag law.

I didn't click on any of them.

If NRA-ILA is supporting the bill there will be strong due process protections in the bill. A few posts back (it's somewhere here... NRA hate thread maybe) I mentioned the Dems in Arizona dropping a bill when it got NRA-ILA support because of the strong protections for due process. I was told that personally by the Grassroots Field Coordinator for Indiana and the surrounding states.

There is strong legislation moving at 200 W Washington Street this year. Indiana becomes a stronger 2A State in 2019 and the next thing you know it's 2020. What happens in 2020? OH YEAH!!

chipbennett

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 18, 2014
    Avon
    Today would be a good day to hit the phones. NAGR shill Rep. Nisly is going to attempt to scuttle SB 119 by introducing an amendment to include constitutional carry - a stunt that he knows full-well will kill the bill entirely, because it would have to go back to the beginning of the entire legislative process (huge change in financial impact, sent to Ways and Means committee for assessment - with committee report deadlines looming in a matter of days).

This isn't the first time Nisly has pulled this stunt.

Get on the phones. Call your reps. Tell them not to support this poison-pill amendment. Tell them not even to second Nisly's motion to amend.

Second Amendment Standoff | IndyPolitics.Org

NAGR is supporting an effort by State Rep. Curt Nisly to amend SB 119 to allow for “Constitutional Carry” which would basically eliminate any fees for any permits to carry a firearm. Currently, the bill would allow firearms at schools and churches under limited circumstances.

Nisly posted the following statement on his Facebook page late last week, “We have been talking about Constitutional Carry for more than five years. We have held hearings and summer study committees. In the meantime, other states including our neighbor Kentucky have adopted Constitutional Carry. It’s time for a vote in the Indiana House, so I will offer a floor amendment to SB 119 to get this done.”

Note: SB 119 is a very good bill. It removes "assault weapon" language from the IC (replacing it with "machine gun"), and allows for carry in churches held on school property.

KellyinAvon

Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 22, 2012
    Avon
    Today would be a good day to hit the phones. NAGR shill Rep. Nisly is going to attempt to scuttle SB 119 by introducing an amendment to include constitutional carry - a stunt that he knows full-well will kill the bill entirely, because it would have to go back to the beginning of the entire legislative process (huge change in financial impact, sent to Ways and Means committee for assessment - with committee report deadlines looming in a matter of days).

This isn't the first time Nisly has pulled this stunt.

Get on the phones. Call your reps. Tell them not to support this poison-pill amendment. Tell them not even to second Nisly's motion to amend.

Second Amendment Standoff | IndyPolitics.Org

Note: SB 119 is a very good bill. It removes "assault weapon" language from the IC (replacing it with "machine gun"), and allows for carry in churches held on school property.
    You are on it this morning Chip! 1-800-382-9841 for R’s. Ask to leave a message for your rep.

chipbennett

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 18, 2014
    Avon
    You are on it this morning Chip! 1-800-382-9841 for R’s. Ask to leave a message for your rep.

Just FYI, here's one thing (of many) that NAGR posted on Facebook:

GREAT NEWS: Pro-gun Indiana State Representative Curt Nisly is taking a stand for gun owners by sponsoring a Constitutional Carry amendment to Senate Bill 119! With 15 states including neighboring Kentucky now honoring Constitutional carry, it's time for Indiana to pass this pro-gun law too.

But to be successful in getting a vote, Representative Nisly needs a Second. Call the following Republicans and urge them to "second" Curt Nisly's Constitutional Carry Amendment to SB119:

Representative J.D. Prescott - 317-234-9028
    Representative Heath VanNatter - 317-232-9643
    Representative Bruce Borders - 317-232-9753
    Representative Ryan Lauer - 317-232-9657
    Representative Matt Hostettler - 317-232-9648
    Representative Jim Lucas - 317-234-9499
    Representative Chris Judy - 317-232-9863

I called my rep (Steurwald), Bosma, and every representative on this list. (Note: Hostettler's legislative assistant would not let me leave a message, since I am not in his district. All the rest of the LAs gladly took my message.)

2A_Tom

Crotchety old member!
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 27, 2010
    NWI
    Called and emailed.

Thanks Chip.

BTW If you ever see a post from me that disparages Chip, rest assured I am definitely not referring to you.

Pm me if you desire an explanation.

chipbennett

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 18, 2014
    Avon
    Called and emailed.

Thanks Chip.

BTW If you ever see a post from me that disparages Chip, rest assured I am definitely not referring to you.

Pm me if you desire an explanation.

No worries. I don't think we've even interacted enough for me to assume you're talking about me. Or, maybe, if the shoe fits... :)

2A_Tom

Crotchety old member!
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 27, 2010
    NWI
    WE have been in agreement on the majority of interactions, I do not know what i disagreed with you on, but I do not agree with anyone 100% of the time.

KellyinAvon

Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 22, 2012
    Avon
    OH HELL YES!!!

From Guy Relford's FB page concerning the attempted sabotage of SB 119:

Nisley could not get ONE representative (out of 99 - Republican and Democrat) to second his bull**** amendment, so it died. What does that tell you??!!

From Jim Lucas: SB119 passes 2nd Reading unamended, now it’s on to 3rd Reading!

2A_Tom

Crotchety old member!
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 27, 2010
    NWI
    It needs to be a clean bill. This was a poison pill to stop a good bill.

KellyinAvon

Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 22, 2012
    Avon
    I realize that this may have been a political stunt by Nisley, but I do hope we see constitutional carry soon. Perhaps next session.....

I hope to get ConC too. It's embarrassing enough Kentucky and Oklahoma beat us.

I spoke my NRA-ILA POC last PM. NAGR has pulled this crap all over the country. He spoke specifically about stuff they pulled in Virginia and Ohio. In Ohio an e-mail pretty much smeared a pro-2A Rep with complete BS including supporting the UN gun ban treaty. Didn't they go after Jim Lucas a couple years back? Serious question: Whose side is NAGR on?

I've never met Nisely. He needs to cut ties with this bunch.

Two solid bills up in committee tomorrow in the Indiana Senate! Looking forward to seeing Coach in the afternoon.

Last edited:

2A_Tom

Crotchety old member!
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 27, 2010
    NWI
    The "ALL or NOTHING" crowd want everything NOW, and end up with nothing.

There are a couple here with a similar attitude that will call me a Fudd.

The libprogocrats have moving against gun rights incrementally for years. We have to roll back the infringments the same was or we will end up with a hand full if :poop:

My Daddy always said, "Wish in one hand and :poop: in the other and see which one fills up first."

Top Bottom