• KellyinAvon

Blue-ID Mafia Consigliere
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 22, 2012
    Avon
    Link for the archived video is below. IN THE NAME OF ALL THAT IS HOLY, FAST FORWARD TO 1:03:00. If you were considering poking yourself in the eye with a dull stick, sit through the first 1:03:00. It was worse than sitting through the drug testing of race horses bill.

Please note the giant pillar behind the speaker. That is not a split screen.

1:03:00: Jim Lucas

1:04:00: Guy Relford

1:11:00: Kystie Phillips

1:17:00: Tamara Watson

1:23:00: Me

1:25:00: Everytown Generic DB

1:26:55: MDA red shirt wearing type (not the leftist)

1:32:00: Ken Yoder, Hoosiers OK with knife, blunt object, fist, foot, car and domestic violence

From 1:34:45 forward is Guy fielding questions in spectacular fashion and finally the vote. Senator Koch did an excellent job of getting clarification. I will give credit where credit is due: Senator Lanane (D, NRA-PVF F) did ask an excellent question on injuries to third parties. Other than that, well, I sat through it yesterday.

Archives - Indiana General Assembly, 2019 Session

KellyinAvon

Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 22, 2012
    Avon
    ACHTUNG INGO!! Hot off the press and not even on the IGA site yet!!

[h=1]Indiana: Bill Amended To Expand Self-Defense Opportunities[/h]
    On March 20[SUP]th[/SUP], Senate Bill 119 was amended by the House Public Policy Committee and passed by a vote of 13-0 to include language that was originally in House Bill 1643. HB 1643 included many important concepts to improve the ability of law-abiding citizens to defend themselves in Indiana, but failed to advance from the House prior to the crossover deadline.

These concepts include extending four-year Licenses to Carry a Handgun (LTCH) to five years, eliminating fees for the new five-year LTCH, and clarifying the authority of private property owners to establish carry policies in places of worship.

The amended Senate Bill 119, authored by Senator Jim Tomes (R-49), now includes these important concepts, while keeping the original intent of SB 119, which is to make an important technical correction dealing with the transfer of certain firearms in Indiana. Removing barriers for lawful carry in Indiana, to include taxes and fees, is significant for many Hoosier gun owners that desire to carry for the defense of themselves and others.

Your NRA would like to thank Sen. Tomes for his steadfast support for Hoosiers’ Second Amendment rights. Please stay tuned to [url]www.nraila.org[/URL] and your email inbox for further updates.

MCgrease08

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    37   0   0
    Mar 14, 2013
    Earth
    Fox 59 just ran a quick story on HB 1284, epic fail. It is not a change to the "stand your ground law". They got the Mad Mom's absolutely inaccurate interpretation (which would require NOT reading the bill) of HB 1284 correct.

Not sure who the reporter was for the FOX59 story you referenced here that aired prior to the hearing, but I wanted to point out that the guy you were sitting next to during the hearing is a reporter for FOX59 / CBS4. I believe his name is Colby Thelan.

I'm not surprised they got the story wrong and referenced stand your ground considering they probably spoke to one of those Mom's Demand folks like the woman that testified and purposely lied to try and make it about SYG laws when clearly the bill is not.

ETA: I also find it humorous that people who say laws requiring harsh penalties don't deter crime because criminals don't think about consequences in the moment, are often the same people who claim protections in the law will lead more people to shoot first, thinking there will be protections for them down the road.

Either people consider future consequences in the moment or they don't. You can't have it both ways.

Last edited:

2A_Tom

Crotchety old member!
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 27, 2010
    NWI
    Someone needs to tell the democrats that the microphone is their friend.

The video going black every time they changed camera angles was driving me crazy.

KellyinAvon

Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 22, 2012
    Avon
    Not sure who the reporter was for the FOX59 story you referenced here that aired prior to the hearing, but I wanted to point out that the guy you were sitting next to during the hearing is a reporter for FOX59 / CBS4. I believe his name is Colby Thelan.

I'm not surprised they got the story wrong and referenced stand your ground considering they probably spoke to one of those Mom's Demand folks like the woman that testified and purposely lied to try and make it about SYG laws when clearly the bill is not.

ETA: I also find it humorous that people who say laws requiring harsh penalties don't deter crime because criminals don't think about consequences in the moment, are often the same people who claim protections in the law will lead more people to shoot first, thinking there will be protections for them down the road.

Either people consider future consequences in the moment or they don't. You can't have it both ways.

The Fox 59 stories were quick 30 second blurbs read by Lindy Thackston. I sat by Colby Thelan, (Tamra Watson was to my right and out of camera view) at the hearing, he looks 12 in person too. If you see see me saying something to him while an anti was speaking it was probably "that's not right", "that is wrong", or "no it doesn't".

KellyinAvon

Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 22, 2012
    Avon
    Someone needs to tell the democrats that the microphone is their friend.

The video going black every time they changed camera angles was driving me crazy.
    The room sucked too, BF. Ditch the giant column and it would be a good room for training (add three big TVs in front and video teleconference would good too.) Hopefully see Handgun Training for Teachers come up in the Education Committee. They meet in the Senate chambers. SWEET!!

2A_Tom

Crotchety old member!
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 27, 2010
    NWI
    As someone that spent my adult life in construction (after the Army) the construction of the space had me distracted.

LockStocksAndBarrel

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Heard back from Bohacek:

Thank you for your letter expressing your opinion on House Bill 1284, self-defense and the defense of others.
    Currently, HB 1284 has been assigned to the Senate Committee on Judiciary, on which I serve, and is awaiting a hearing on the Senate Floor. I want you to know I understand your position and fully support it. Not only did I vote in support of the bill during Committee, but I am also a sponsor on the bill.
    In the future, if you wish to stay up to date of HB 1284 and other bills as they move through the legislative process, please visit the Indiana General Assembly’s website at [url]https://iga.in.gov/ [/URL] or feel free to contact my office. Again, thank you for contacting me and expressing your opinion. I will keep it in mind when this legislation comes before the Senate.

Sincerely,

Mike Bohacek
    State Senator
    Indiana State Senate

KellyinAvon

Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 22, 2012
    Avon
    HOT OFF THE PRESS!
    SB 119 which now includes the language of HB 1643: Church Carry, 5 year NICS-exempt LTCH which is now free after 1 July 2020, lifetime LTCH now not free (hey, it's free vanilla ice cream, not free butter pecan) cleared the House ways and Means yesterday. The current version on the IGA site has the new language if you want to give it a read.

The NRA ILA link will send an email to State Reps (it's gotta clear the House and go back to the Senate)

Senate Bill 119 - Firearms matters - Indiana General Assembly, 2019 Session

https://www.nraila.org/articles/20190328/indiana-house-committee-passes-amended-self-defense-bill

MCgrease08

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    37   0   0
    Mar 14, 2013
    Earth
    HOT OFF THE PRESS!
    SB 119 which now includes the language of HB 1643: Church Carry, 5 year NICS-exempt LTCH which is now free after 1 July 2020, lifetime LTCH now not free (hey, it's free vanilla ice cream, not free butter pecan) cleared the House ways and Means yesterday. The current version on the IGA site has the new language if you want to give it a read.

The NRA ILA link will send an email to State Reps (it's gotta clear the House and go back to the Senate)

https://www.nraila.org/articles/20190328/indiana-house-committee-passes-amended-self-defense-bill

Done. Thanks for the update Kelly

BiscuitsandGravy

Future 'shootered'
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Nov 8, 2016
    At my Hermitage
    HOT OFF THE PRESS!

Done. Thanks for the update Kelly

Done!! 2-3 clicks Gents. If you're reading this thread, do your part!

KellyinAvon

Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 22, 2012
    Avon

2A_Tom

Crotchety old member!
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 27, 2010
    NWI
    I read that they helped draft the Federal confiscation law that is under consideration now.

Top Bottom