• Status
    Not open for further replies.

Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana
    So when do we start talking about nullification?

When we get in Stewie's time machine and travel back to 1798.

Progress in the General Assembly will only come via the first Tuesday in November. Vote early and often and be generous with your donations.

Thor

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 18, 2014
    Could be anywhere
    Progress in the General Assembly will only come via the first Tuesday in November. Vote early and often and be generous with your donations.

Indeed, this primary season has shown that grass roots activists can make a difference with the defeat of Kabuki and Huer for their votes that did not support the platform.

So, fix your party in the primary and fix the country in the general. Vote, or as the Root Beer lady in the boundary waters would say; qwitcherbichen.

andrewhorning

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 19, 2008
    Freedom, IN
    Indeed, this primary season has shown that grass roots activists can make a difference with the defeat of Kabuki and Huer for their votes that did not support the platform.

So, fix your party in the primary and fix the country in the general. Vote, or as the Root Beer lady in the boundary waters would say; qwitcherbichen.

Thor, I've heard that "take back the party" stuff my whole life. People have been trying to make the GOP what it never was for as long as the party has existed.
    It's much easier to replace that bad system than to fix it.
    We've been crazy-loyal to the so-called Two Party System for a hundred years; the people who bought it fair and square can see that, and they're lovin' it.
    We really should do something different now.

Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana
    the people who bought it fair and square can see that

Like the backroom deal that denied Joe Bowman his chance at office? Those evil two party lackeys that denied Joe Bowman his . . . oh, wait, it was the Libertarian Party that put the kybosh to Joe's right to seek public office.

It is so easy the Libertarian Party is running all of three (3), yes three, candidates for State Senate, and ten (10) for State House.

So easy, no, wait, rhetoric is easy, change is hard work.

Last edited:

Thor

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 18, 2014
    Could be anywhere
    Thor, I've heard that "take back the party" stuff my whole life. People have been trying to make the GOP what it never was for as long as the party has existed.
    We've been crazy-loyal to the so-called Two Party System for a hundred years; the people who bought it fair and square can see that, and they're lovin' it.
    We really should do something different now.

Good luck with that. What are you going to do? Vote Libertarian? :lmfao:

In IN that kind of voting gave us Joe Donnelly first as a Congressman then as a Sen.(thanks for that by the way); nationally gave us two terms of O. If you're conservative and vote third party you might as well just vote for the Communist Party approved candidate. And yes, I see from your moniker that you're running as a Libertarian in District 8 against Larry Bucshon. Why don't you pick someplace run by libs and try to fix that? :dunno:

If you don't like the two party system what are you proposing, a coalition government? Those don't seem to work so well elsewhere that we should 'try' it here just to see what the fall out is. No system will ever be perfect but if you don't work with what you've got you're just making wind. My state and national representatives know me by name if not on sight (and most of them do), that's the way to fix a broken system; not break it worse and see how that doesn't work.

andrewhorning

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 19, 2008
    Freedom, IN
    Good luck with that. What are you going to do? Vote Libertarian? :lmfao:

In IN that kind of voting gave us Joe Donnelly first as a Congressman then as a Sen.(thanks for that by the way); nationally gave us two terms of O. If you're conservative and vote third party you might as well just vote for the Communist Party approved candidate. And yes, I see from your moniker that you're running as a Libertarian in District 8 against Larry Bucshon. Why don't you pick someplace run by libs and try to fix that? :dunno:

If you don't like the two party system what are you proposing, a coalition government? Those don't seem to work so well elsewhere that we should 'try' it here just to see what the fall out is. No system will ever be perfect but if you don't work with what you've got you're just making wind. My state and national representatives know me by name if not on sight (and most of them do), that's the way to fix a broken system; not break it worse and see how that doesn't work.

Thor, I'm living under your system. I see how it's falling to pieces all around us, and I still say you're the one with explaining to do!
    I know you don't much like change, but it's happening anyway...fast and in the wrong direction.
    When you see that your horse is dead, dismount.

andrewhorning

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 19, 2008
    Freedom, IN
    Like the backroom deal that denied Joe Bowman his chance at office? Those evil two party lackeys that denied Joe Bowman his . . . oh, wait, it was the Libertarian Party that put the kybosh to Joe's right to seek public office.

It is so easy the Libertarian Party is running all of three (3), yes three, candidates for State Senate, and ten (10) for State House.

So easy, no, wait, rhetoric is easy, change is hard work.

Kirk, are you really still stuck on that 2012 thing that I had nothing to do with? Are you really Joe Bowman just posting as Kirk Freeman?
    Why are you so hung up on that?

Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana
    Kirk, are you really still stuck on that 2012 thing that I had nothing to do with? Are you really Joe Bowman just posting as Kirk Freeman?
    Why are you so hung up on that?

Yeah, I'm still hung up on an injustice, yes. I won't let anyone forget that debacle.

Because smug Libertarians smugly tell us that they are different yet they behave exactly like Republicans and Democrats. Joe Bowman's backroom deal is Exhibit A of this fact.

Thor

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 18, 2014
    Could be anywhere
    Thor, I'm living under your system. I see how it's falling to pieces all around us, and I still say you're the one with explaining to do!
    I know you don't much like change, but it's happening anyway...fast and in the wrong direction.
    When you see that your horse is dead, dismount.

I didn't see a question to explain, you say the system is broke yet you want to break the country more.

You have no idea what I like. If I didn't want change I wouldn't be involved. What I don't like are fools errands.

When I see that your horse is dead I see no reason to mount it.

However, since this thread is about IN legislature and support of the second amendment further discussion on this line constitutes:

:hijack:

Why don't you take it to general political discussions if you want to campaign here?

Last edited:

John Galt

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 18, 2008
    Southern Indiana
    What a lot of people do not know is that there are 45 members in the Indiana House that are on either their first or second term, a 45% turnover in 2 election cycles. The freshman class of 2012 had 25 freshmen. Of the 25 freshmen, 19 were Republicans and of the 19 Republicans, 15 are small business owners. Say what you want, but it looks like it's swinging in the right direction! :rockwoot:

Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana
    Just don't tell Andy. He's busy with his L. Neil Smith book and the dystopia he is reading about:

I wonder what color the sky is in his universe? Talk about out of touch politicians!:D

T.Lex

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Mar 30, 2011
    Oops, meant this for the wish list.

I do plan on participating in the 2015 session as much as possible.

Last edited:

Bill of Rights

Cogito, ergo porto.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Apr 26, 2008
    Where's the bacon?
    All right, here we go...

As before, we're going to need POLITE, RESPECTFUL letters to our elected representatives. We're going to need calls along the same lines, too.

Contact your own Reps and Senators, but also contact the leadership of the House and Senate, including committee chairpersons, asking them to give hearings to pro-gun bills.

On the House side, Rep. Dermody will again chair the House Public Policy committee. He's a pretty strong pro-gun rights guy, I'm told, but it never hurts to ask him to hear our bills. Likewise with Speaker Brian Bosma.

As soon as I know who to address on the Senate side, other than Sen. David Long, I'll post that info.

I don't yet know what bills will be introduced, but I'd not be surprised at any good bills this year.

Let's get some letters written, folks... Again, polite and respectful is the way to go.

Blessings,
    Bill

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom