• Status
    Not open for further replies.

rockhopper46038

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    89   0   0
    May 4, 2010
    Fishers
    That's true. But when you've got a bunch of emails to send, it's a tedious process to locate each of the legislators' email addresses.

Scutter, I think what he means is a listing of all of them in one place, by name. What you're referring to is great for finding your own, but not wonderful for finding the others, like those on a committee.

Yes, and yes :)

lonehoosier

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    May 3, 2011
    NWI
    I just got this email. :)

Mr. Lonehoosier,

I want to personally thank you for taking the time to offer your support for our recently passed legislation restoring some of our gun rights. As the lead author of HB1048, which was the amendment language for SB229, and the author of HB1018, which would have forced the state to recognize lawful carry on all state-owned property (this bill did not get a hearing), please rest assured that restoring, preserving and protecting our Natural Right to keep and bear arms is my highest priority!

Molon Labe

Jim Lucas
    State Representative
    District 69
    State House
    200 West Washington Street
    Indianapolis, IN 46204
    Cell 812-216-1292
    Life/Benefactor/Golden Eagle Member NRA
    Life Member GOA
    Life Member ISRPA
    South Central Gun Club
    Hoosier Hills Rifle & Pistol Club

Bill of Rights

Cogito, ergo porto.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Apr 26, 2008
    Where's the bacon?
    Absolute class act.

Thanks for posting this, Jay. Anyone down in District 69.... Adding to his reelection fund would be really cool if we want to keep him in the House.

Blessings,
    Bill

I just got this email. :)

Mr. Lonehoosier,

I want to personally thank you for taking the time to offer your support for our recently passed legislation restoring some of our gun rights. As the lead author of HB1048, which was the amendment language for SB229, and the author of HB1018, which would have forced the state to recognize lawful carry on all state-owned property (this bill did not get a hearing), please rest assured that restoring, preserving and protecting our Natural Right to keep and bear arms is my highest priority!

Molon Labe

Jim Lucas
    State Representative
    District 69
    State House
    200 West Washington Street
    Indianapolis, IN 46204
    Cell 812-216-1292
    Life/Benefactor/Golden Eagle Member NRA
    Life Member GOA
    Life Member ISRPA
    South Central Gun Club
    Hoosier Hills Rifle & Pistol Club

brotherbill3

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 10, 2010
    Hamilton Co.
    All very true, John, though I'd take exception to your point of when to get actively involved. We could wait until the session is beginning, in December, when the legislators are sending bills to LSA to put in proper form and when they're all gearing up for a new session, or *we can do that in addition to writing throughout the year, offering a bit of info here, a bit of info there... Educating those who honestly don't know slowly, carefully, over time. I mean no offense when I say that some of our legislators are ignorant; the simple fact is that each of us is ignorant on some subjects. The value of this or that area of knowledge varies depending on circumstances, of course. (Someone might know all there is to know about survival in the wilderness, but living in downtown New York, that knowledge is of little value)

The point is, if we *tell them what we think, politely, regularly, and continuously, we'll still have the Lawsons and Pierces, ardent supporters of an unarmed public and a helpless constituency, but we'll have many more Eberharts, Lucas', Tomes', Nugents, Mayfields, Humes, and the like; people who will hopefully run block and keep things like the last-minute removal of the definition of a school limiting it to the building from happening, people who will push *HARD* for things like Rep. Lucas' HB 1018 to not be killed before it ever begins.

I know from my contact in Indy some of the work that went into this, enough to say that you haven't even scratched the surface of telling people what went on. **The things that happened off-camera make what we saw ON camera pale in comparison. I know the amount of work that BB3 and I (he moreso than me) put into agitating people enough to get them to sit down and tap out a letter. What I don't want to see happen is everyone fall back to sleep and forget what Mr. Samuel Adams called "the animating contest of freedom" until late February of next year.

I can't post daily updates of something that's not actively happening. Writing letters and making phone calls is not as exciting as watching the session unfold, waiting for this or that vote. But that's what makes the difference... ***making sure that the people doing the voting are doing so from knowledge rather than ignorance... because ignorance is curable!

Thanks for posting this... You have some good thoughts.

Blessings,
    Bill

RED: ... :embarrassed: Thanks for including BoR.... you helped me a bunch as did other here at keeping me informed on this; THANKS and we did it together! We can't all be everywhere, and while I am not KNEW to letter writing or the basics of the legislative process - I am still learning the ropes to the details of the "INDIANA" (and Federal, and some other states). I received some cred on the IMAGC page :embarrassed:X2; it is appreciated, but really its all about getting the message ... to our legislators, and others "in charge" (like school superintendents/boards) ... the media ... and the sheeple in the middle.

* I bumped this post: https://www.indianagunowners.com/fo...rotect-our-liberty-fifth-box.html#post4798525 ... because - now is the time to work on all the 'others' as well as the Federal giant that never sleeps.

** I am sure of this too, by what I have heard from those there/in the know that I have heard from.

*** The ignorant can be informed; the uninformed can be educated - These are the 85% ...
    These people watch and learn from both sides and judge how the groups deal with the issues.
    They are sheeple. It 'doesn't' interested them ... but with explanation it can/will and they grow.
    These are the ones we must reach; and our job is tougher.

Those like MdA, MAIG, CSGV et, al ad nauseum - most will not change;
    though I think for a few it can be done.
    For the majority - it is about their emotional perception, propaganda and power.
    Emotional strings they pull are their easy target. They are probably about 10% ...

The 85% ... watches how the 3% deals with the 10% ... (yes I left 2% out) ...

the 3% and 10% are purposefully chosen...

Bill of Rights

Cogito, ergo porto.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Apr 26, 2008
    Where's the bacon?

brotherbill3

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 10, 2010
    Hamilton Co.
    Just an update ... still same as of my last look-see.:

Update From last Evening on IMAGC (facebook and also tweeter)

Facebook:
    https://www.facebook.com/#!/IndianaM...90494651042434

Bill Status for SB 169 and SB 229: These bills have not yet reached the desk of Governor Pence, but we have found a link if you wish to check the status.

Once a bill, or Enrolled Act, as they are now termed, reaches the desk of the Governor, he has 7 days to review them, and 3 options. 1) He can sign them and they become law. 2) He can veto them and they are returned to the house and senate to work out how to attempt to override the veto. 3) He can take no action. If no action is taken – the Enrolled Act becomes Law on the 8th day, without his signature.

The list is only updated through Friday, March 14th at this time. With the short session, I would expect most of the legislation to reach his desk this week, for his review and signature. We are now watching for SEA 169 and SEA 229. Here is the link to the latest list:
    Governor Pence: 2014 Bill Watch

Also, we did see the article written by the chief opposition to SB 229, once again inflating statistics and using exaggerated inaccurate information. We do not expect Governor Pence to be swayed from his very consistent record of following the facts and supporting lawful gun owner’s rights to carry and self-defense, by the propaganda of these groups. I am sure that polite, factual letters urging his support would help to seal his support of our arguments and signing this legislation quickly. Writing to the Governor, even via e-mail, is not quite as simple as writing to your representatives. To write to the Governor, you must use the web-form e-mail at the following link:
    Governor Pence: Ask Mike

If you do write to or call Governor Pence, please keep your statements polite, factual and related to the point of the legislation. We’ll keep an eye on this to and let you know when the final steps are completed.

We have grown a lot the last few weeks. However, we still need each of you checking back, and continuing to like, share and comment. We are totally grass roots – so we depend on you to do this, as you are hopefully looking to us for reliable, factual information. There are lots of other things happening, federally and otherwise, that we’ve been watching on the back burner while we tried to ensure the success we’ve had this legislative session. In order for us to be effective, we need everyone on board to help as much as they can.

Thanks
    --- BB3​

Viper1973

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 1, 2012
    Just emailed by the Governor and Lt. Governor.... We need this to pass and it's a bet that the anti's are still trying to kill this legislation at the governor's desk.

rockhopper46038

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    89   0   0
    May 4, 2010
    Fishers
    Dropped Governor Pence a line asking him to sign this. Also hinted at having him dash a letter off to the Governor and Attorney General of West Virginia requesting reciprocity for our LTCH.

brotherbill3

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 10, 2010
    Hamilton Co.
    OK, Hey BoR ... or anyone else w/ more knowledge than me.

We know the Governor has 7 days to sign-off or veto - ONCE legislation reaches his desk ...
    Is there a time limit for the signatures from
    Speaker of the House
    President Pro-Tempore of the Senate
    President of the Senate (Lt. Gov.) ...

Lots of the measures passed by both houses the last day or 2 -
    do not seem to have been signed by these folks per the IGA site, as of last night's last check.

Thoughts? ... info on rules for them to sign?

poppy

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 4, 2012
    South of Indy
    I too am curious as to where sb229 is. I just checked the bill watch site and 229 was not there. It appears gov pence has been signing those bills that he has received. Also, who or what entity is holding this bill at this time. Is there a need to email or call at this time to get 229 moving?

Bill of Rights

Cogito, ergo porto.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Apr 26, 2008
    Where's the bacon?
    Constitutionally speaking, "every bill which shall have passed the General Assembly shall be presented to the Governor..."
    What I don't know is if passage is defined as the vote of both houses or the signature of all parties or some other step. The State Constitution only says the above, at least so far as I've found.

Checking for more info now.

Blessings,
    Bill

OK, Hey BoR ... or anyone else w/ more knowledge than me.

We know the Governor has 7 days to sign-off or veto - ONCE legislation reaches his desk ...
    Is there a time limit for the signatures from
    Speaker of the House
    President Pro-Tempore of the Senate
    President of the Senate (Lt. Gov.) ...

Lots of the measures passed by both houses the last day or 2 -
    do not seem to have been signed by these folks per the IGA site, as of last night's last check.

Thoughts? ... info on rules for them to sign?

Bill of Rights

Cogito, ergo porto.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Apr 26, 2008
    Where's the bacon?
    I asked Rep. Lucas as well, and he said he'd heard nothing as yet. Maybe Sen. Tomes would be a good one to ask? Or Speaker Bosma, Sen. Long, or Lt. Gov. Ellspermann directly?

I'm on my phone, so now's not a good time for me to try to send those.

Blessings,
    Bill

brotherbill3

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 10, 2010
    Hamilton Co.
    Might be able to send some inquiries later this evening. Busy day. Grandson #1 turns 5. yay. ... and the importance of SB 229 is even closer as I get to coach him (assist) in Pre-K Baseball League. ... uhm ... can we move that date up two or 4 months? please? kthnxbye. LOL ...

Bill of Rights

Cogito, ergo porto.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Apr 26, 2008
    Where's the bacon?
    Gov. Pence signed 20 bills today, according to the Billwatch site. SB 169 and 229 are not among them. Unless he expressly vetoes them before Thursday, however, they will become law without his signature. I'd expect him to sign them, but it's nice to know (at least w/r/t these bills) that the default is that they DO become law, not that they do not.

Edit: He actually signed 50 on 3/24.

Blessings,
    Bill

Last edited:
    Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom