Not open for further replies.

Trigger Time

Air guitar master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98.6%
    204   3   0
    Aug 26, 2011
    SOUTH of Zombie city
    Can someone please give me the link everyone is talking about that they listen to these meetings?
    I consider myself very active on these issues but I'm ashamed of myself for not knowing about this listening or watching computer link. Thanks in advance!

and thanks to all my fellow Hoosiers who have also wrote or called or emailed to advance (return) our gun rights in the great state of Indiana!

brotherbill3

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 10, 2010
    Hamilton Co.
    Bill, is there any way I can watch this session somewhere online even though its over? Rep. Eberhart delegates my district, and was one of the people I wrote to. I would LOVE to hear for myself what was discussed and said to MDA today.

There is no 'rebroadcast' or minutes available. (I've asked Rep. Lucas' legislative aid as I was hoping for some too before).

I was listening via the web-cast and took notes; which I hope to summarize part of what was said and discussed for an Indiana Moms Against Gun Control post on our facebook page later today or tomorrow. ... unlike many of hte MdA types - the rest of us must work ... so it may take a moment or two. ...

and ... :smile: ...
    MdA had their 'feelings' handed to them with fact ... you might say ...

TTravis

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Sep 13, 2011
    Plainfield / Mooresville
    If someone would make it easy for me....... Please PM me with a sample letter that I can e-mail to my representatives. I have never done this before so with a little help, I will send messages that would not otherwise be sent.
    Problem is I don't know what to say or how to say it.

My representatives are Robert Behning (House 91) and Michael Young (Senate 35). I do not have their e-mail addresses either.

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    If someone would make it easy for me....... Please PM me with a sample letter that I can e-mail to my representatives. I have never done this before so with a little help, I will send messages that would not otherwise be sent.
    Problem is I don't know what to say or how to say it.

My representatives are Robert Behning (House 91) and Michael Young (Senate 35). I do not have their e-mail addresses either.

Here's a link to help you find your guy(s). I think there's some more links back up thread too.

https://www.indianagunowners.com/fo...ould-allow-guns-cars-schools.html#post4840744

ryknoll3

Master
    Rating - 75%
    3   1   0
    Sep 7, 2009
    Does this change anything regarding actual carry at places like daycare (or churches that have them) or the roving school zone that is a "school activity" location?

brotherbill3

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 10, 2010
    Hamilton Co.
    Does this change anything regarding actual carry at places like daycare (or churches that have them) or the roving school zone that is a "school activity" location?

As I read it - this is not 100% clear; I am going to try to get a better understanding. ... more to follow

Changes roaming school zone back to current standards.

Yes; these were eliminated last year - then with the revision of the code (from felony A-D to Felonly Level 1 to Level 6) they somehow got 'reinstated' as of July this year ... this amended bill will eliminate these permanently.
    ... (and this was one of the most confusing parts of last years session) ...

asipes

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    May 7, 2012
    Central Indiana
    Anyone have the text for SB229? I just caught a snippet of this stuff on the news tonight. Would love to support common sense. Just need to know what the bill actually says before lending my support to it. Thanks!

asipes

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    May 7, 2012
    Central Indiana
    I contacted my Senator (Jean Leising). Who else would be beneficial to contact? When/where will this be heard next? and how close is this to actually being final? I want to do my part, but I don't really understand the whole process. Thank you everyone for answering my questions and posting the links. Please continue to post links and info for me (and others like me).

brotherbill3

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 10, 2010
    Hamilton Co.
    I contacted my Senator (Jean Leising). Who else would be beneficial to contact? When/where will this be heard next? and how close is this to actually being final? I want to do my part, but I don't really understand the whole process. Thank you everyone for answering my questions and posting the links. Please continue to post links and info for me (and others like me).

The next step for this is to go to the full State House of Representatives - (if / once) approved there - it goes to back to the Senate; I am not sure if it goes directly to conference committee of House and Senate to work out differences - or if the senate can vote on it as received from the house; if it goes to the conference committee; it must then go back to both houses to approve the final version if changes are made ...

We aren't done - but the next step is the full house. contact those house representatives!!!

SteveM4A1

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 3, 2013
    Rockport
    The next step for this is to go to the full State House of Representatives - (if / once) approved there - it goes to back to the Senate; I am not sure if it goes directly to conference committee of House and Senate to work out differences - or if the senate can vote on it as received from the house; if it goes to the conference committee; it must then go back to both houses to approve the final version if changes are made ...

We aren't done - but the next step is the full house. contact those house representatives!!!

Exactly. Contact your Representative and let your opinion be heard. That is the priority at this moment. Once you have done that, go ahead and contact your Senator and let them know ahead of time that you want this to pass (or not, if you don't:n00b:)

Bill of Rights

Cogito, ergo porto.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Apr 26, 2008
    Where's the bacon?
    Exactly. Contact your Representative and let your opinion be heard. That is the priority at this moment. Once you have done that, go ahead and contact your Senator and let them know ahead of time that you want this to pass (or not, if you don't:n00b:)

^^This.

From my contact:
    "Now is the time for people to flood their Reps., Senators, and Leadership with positive support. We have the momentum, but with this (amended bill) out there, now is when the opposition is going to be the fiercest!"

My letters go out shortly, to my Rep (useless gesture, considering who that is,) my Senator, and Gov. Pence.

SteveM4A1

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 3, 2013
    Rockport
    ^^This.

From my contact:
    "Now is the time for people to flood their Reps., Senators, and Leadership with positive support. We have the momentum, but with this (amended bill) out there, now is when the opposition is going to be the fiercest!"

My letters go out shortly, to my Rep (useless gesture, considering who that is,) my Senator, and Gov. Pence.

Is there anyone else we need to write besides our district Senator and Representative? I have no problem writing them all, but I feel I shouldn't because they don't represent my districts.

brotherbill3

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 10, 2010
    Hamilton Co.
    ^^This.

From my contact:

NOTE TO ALL:

THIS MUST BE PASSED BY THE HOUSE BY MONDAY 3/3, if I am reading the schedule correctly.

NO WAITING TO WRITE. - WRITE NOW;

(caps to stress URGENCY - not yelling) ...

SmileDocHill

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    61   0   0
    Mar 26, 2009
    Westfield
    This makes a poor template for others but I emailed this today.

Please support house bill 299 to, among other things, allow licensed handgun carriers the ability to leave their car. As it is now, I have to remain in my car to pickup my kids from school or make a special trip (adding at least a half hour) to safely secure my every day carry handgun at my residence. This bill would allow us to safely secure the handgun in the car, out of sight, and leave the vehicle to go in to the school.
    An example of how this affects the logistics of parents lives: Earlier this year my daughter fell and incurred a head injury. As is common with concussions it took months of special schedules, coming home early, and TLC to get her to the point that she can go a full day without her headache returning. In this process it became extremely difficult to be able to come get her. I had to go in and pick her up at the nurses office rather than just wait for her at the typical pick up/drop off location. Legally I had to either secure my handgun at work (coming from work), not carry at all in anticipation of possibly having to go get her that day, or park off school property which means across the street over 200 yards away in a nearby neighborhood.

I understand to someone that only hears the one sentence description of "guns allowed at school" this bill sounds scary. The fact is that this bill will only help the lives of law abiding citizens and will not make life any easier for someone wishing to do any harm.

Thanks for your service and attention.

You can find your state reps here: Indiana General Assembly - 2014 Session

As I understand it it goes to the house next so your state rep. for your house district is who you want to contact at this time. Please correct me if I'm wrong on this.

From the link above you can find out your house and senate district number, who the rep is, their phone number, email, and snail mail address.
    you can zoom in on the map and see what area you are in or you can enter your address and hit search and it will pull up a list of all your representatives. (State senator for your senate district, State rep for your house district, and Congressional legislators) If you are like me and don't have a Microsoft office mailto thingy setup on your computer you can just hover with the mouse over the "email" option in the contact of the person you are wanting. It should show the destination (mailto:xyz@something.com) in a popup or in the lower left of your window. My house rep. email is h24@iga.in.gov I'm assuming that is standard so the state rep for your district is likely hx@iga.in.gov where x=your house district number. It also gives mailing address and if you click on the persons name it gives their phone number.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom