• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Bill B

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Sep 2, 2009
    RA 0 DEC 0
    0097 appears to be a new "campus carry" bill for students.

I'm a little concerned about the "Provides for certain exceptions" portion
    It appears to be identical to the state pre-emption law. The exceptions certainly look the same at a casual reading, i.e., police departments can regulate what guns their officers use, courts can make their own rules, lesees of public buildings can also make their own rules.

reesez

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Nov 25, 2012
    Chevyville
    i just did some letter writing, and after some research, i found my rep for my area has said some pretty good things.
    here is one of them.

“We don’t want to step on the rights of someone who has every legal right to carry a weapon,” Eberhart said.

Bill of Rights

Cogito, ergo porto.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Apr 26, 2008
    Where's the bacon?
    Thanks for posting this, eldirector! If you notice, I started the same thing last night up in the "stickys" at the top of the forum. I'm going to merge your thread into mine so we're all talking in the same place, as yours seems to have gotten more notice/more interest. As long as the letters get written and the appropriate people are made aware that their constituents want these bills passed, I don't really care who makes it happen.

:+1: for you.

Blessings,
    Bill

eldirector

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Apr 29, 2009
    Brownsburg, IN
    Thanks for posting this, eldirector! If you notice, I started the same thing last night up in the "stickys" at the top of the forum. I'm going to merge your thread into mine so we're all talking in the same place, as yours seems to have gotten more notice/more interest. As long as the letters get written and the appropriate people are made aware that their constituents want these bills passed, I don't really care who makes it happen.

:+1: for you.

Blessings,
    Bill
    Sorry, Bill! I shoulda checked first. Thanks for merging.

KLB

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 12, 2011
    Porter County
    SB #### Locally mfg silencers, FA, etc are legal and don't need to go NFA (like in Montana. I wonder if anyone has tested this yet!)

Montana is still mired in the 9th Circuit Court of Appeals. They are waiting to get back on the schedule for oral arguments. I was exchanging emails with the Montana Shooting Sports Ass this morning getting an update. They also sent a link to a website with talking points about FFA bills.

If anyone is interested it is FFA, Q & A

I forwarded the link to Senator Kruse with my thanks for submitting the bill.

Bill of Rights

Cogito, ergo porto.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Apr 26, 2008
    Where's the bacon?
    So how would SB 0130 work if a nationwide AWB were to occur? Would the firearms already owned by Indiana residents be protected under this bill?

If they were manufactured in Indiana, from raw materials originally obtained in Indiana, and without parts from out of state, AND never left Indiana, yes, theoretically, Congress would have no jurisdiction over them, as they never traveled in interstate commerce. With that said, I would certainly not put all my eggs in that basket. The 2A protects the RKBA, yet it didn't much help the citizens in New Orleans a few years ago. It is said that you have only the rights you are willing to defend.

I hasten to add that the appropriate time to defend these rights began long ago, and that such defense need not be violent, but only hold the potential for violence.

Blessings,
    Bill

asipes

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    May 7, 2012
    Central Indiana
    Not sure who your State Senator is? No problem... click HERE.

Type your home address, then click Search. When the new window appears, click the "State" tab. Scroll down to Indiana Senate.

hondatech2k2

Shooter
    Rating - 98.2%
    55   1   0
    Jul 10, 2011
    Greenwood
    Biggest complaint I hear from the anti's besides guns only being good for killing is that guns are loud. Indiana is not as rural as it used to be. Think of owning a can as being neighborly. Get rid of the $200 stamp and 6 month wait and see how many people buy suppressors.

I would have SO MANY! One for every firearm I own. Hell, I would suppress my toilets, saws, blender, anything that made noise....suppress that MOFO.

fatback mike

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Dec 29, 2012
    “Whereas, the tenth amendment to the United States Constitution guarantees and reserves for the states all powers not granted to the federal government in the Constitution, and reserves to the state and people of Indiana certain powers as they were understood at the time that Indiana was admitted to statehood in 1816.”
    Indiana SB 130

“The federal power to regulate interstate commerce is probably the one most abused by the feds. They’ve stretched it to the point that they justify regulating pretty much everything. The framers never intended the power to extend to every imaginable economic activity.” Tenth Amendment Center communications director Mike Maharrey said. “States need to stand up to the feds and tell them to butt out of areas where they have no authority. I hope the Indiana legislature gets this bill passed, and other states will boldly follow its example.”

Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Feb 16, 2010
    I wonder is Scotty gets my messages.

Mr. Schneider,

With the current assault on our freedom's, not granted but guaranteed by the second amendment, I think it would be a good time to send a message to those who want to take our rights away.

First there are several Pro 2nd bills being introduced and could use your support. These and several other pro-liberty bills are listed below.

Second and more importantly, we need to have a way to send a message to our national representatives, especially newly elected Senators who were previously Pro 2A and are already showing signs of caving in. We need to have the ability to recall a senator or representative put into law as soon as possible. There are several states that already have laws in place to recall elective officials and it is past time that Indiana join that group.

I don't propose that it should be an easy process, but it should be possible if not necessary when they violate their oath of office and work against their constituents wishes.

Thank you,

SB 0097 -- Possession of firearms on state property.
    SB 0106 -- Lifetime senior hunting license.
    SB 0130 -- Indiana firearms freedom act.
    SB 0199 -- Using silencer when hunting.

Also of interest:
    SB 0020 -- Use of unmanned aerial vehicles.
    SB 0035 -- Recording law enforcement officer activities.
    SB 0156 -- Downloading of cell phone information by police.
    SB 0181 -- Knives with automatic blades.

Yodes

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 25, 2012
    Noble County
    In December Sen. Feinstein publicly and proudly announced she was presenting her gun ban bill on the first day of new Congress, January 3, 2013. News reports said bills will be introduced later in January. Either Sen. Reid slowed down Feinstein or she decided there is public backlash on her gun grab bill so she is waiting a few weeks before her bill is presented to Senate hoping no one will notice when they vote on it. Keep letting your legislators know your position on gun bans.

japartridge

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 20, 2011
    Bloomington
    In December Sen. Feinstein publicly and proudly announced she was presenting her gun ban bill on the first day of new Congress, January 3, 2013. News reports said bills will be introduced later in January. Either Sen. Reid slowed down Feinstein or she decided there is public backlash on her gun grab bill so she is waiting a few weeks before her bill is presented to Senate hoping no one will notice when they vote on it. Keep letting your legislators know your position on gun bans.

None of the above... Senate decided to postpone introduction of new business until the 22nd.

Hammerhead

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 2, 2010
    Bartholomew County
    Another of note:

SB 0230 -- Applicability of federal law in Indiana.

Kills Obamacare, but also allows for the GA to kill other federal laws in IN. Perhaps we can say goodbye to the NFAs, et. al.?

ETA:

SB 0127 -- Arrests and searches by federal employees.

No more fed milk raids without permission.

Last edited:

Bill of Rights

Cogito, ergo porto.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Apr 26, 2008
    Where's the bacon?
    I dropped 20 emails this morning. Not even an autoresponse as yet. Time will tell. I'll be most interested to see what response my letters draw from the anti-rights side of the aisle. And no, I don't mean only R vs. D.

I also mailed Rep. Rokita this evening and asked him to define "responsibly" in the context of the email he sent me that others have quoted on here, having received the same email form letter.

Again, time will tell.

Blessings,
    Bill

asipes

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    May 7, 2012
    Central Indiana
    I dropped 20 emails this morning. Not even an autoresponse as yet. Time will tell. I'll be most interested to see what response my letters draw from the anti-rights side of the aisle. And no, I don't mean only R vs. D.

I also mailed Rep. Rokita this evening and asked him to define "responsibly" in the context of the email he sent me that others have quoted on here, having received the same email form letter.

Again, time will tell.

Blessings,
    Bill

I also wondered what the heck "responsibly" meant. I got the same letter.

Top Bottom