11 point crossbow kill

deerseason110.jpg

JBob77

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 7, 2009
    Scott County
    Went out yesterday afternoon. 35 acres of corn, 5 acres of woods, no ears of corn in the first 8 rows of the field, and did not see a deer one. Spent the afternoon watching 3 different squirrels, for hours.

selinoid44

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 11, 2010
    northern Indiana
    Well the heat definitly changed things up a little. What I saw was that the deer moved a lot later in the morning then they usually do. Thats what I norticed. I forgot my phone this morning so I had no clue what time it was. I got in my tree late, it was 7 am when I left the truck to go into the woods. I sat until the sun was where I thought it was about 10:30-11 o'clock. I saw 12 deer, 2 of which were 125-130" deer. They were with 4 does. They were running together.:dunno: They were 2 of 4 bucks that I saw today. The wind was swirling bad where I was at. I ended up back at the truck at 11:20. Went to another farm this evening and saw 5 turkeys, they were yelping like crazy. No deer... Will try again tommorrow if the weather isn't to nasty to sit in the tree.

HICKMAN

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Jan 10, 2009
    Lawrence Co.
    I saw nothing at all this afternoon/evening... not even driving home... nada.

Thought it would have been good, taking half day tomorrow and Thurs to afternoon hunt, then all day Friday for Vets Day.

ISP 5353

Master
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 21, 2009
    Putnam County
    I was out from before dawn to about 1:30 this afternoon. Did not see a single deer in an area that I usually do very well in. Some new scrapes showed up, but no deer.

selinoid44

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 11, 2010
    northern Indiana
    Went out this morning and holy crap did it rain. It rained hard and then it rained harder. After the rain then the wind started blowing. I ended up coming down the tree a few feet just to make myself feel more comfortable. The Ten X goretex rain suit did its job but my hands were soaked and so was the hood of my sweatshirt. Saw a coyote and several does but no bucks. If they are rutting they are in a very early stage. I'm not seeing much as far as that goes. Doesnt mean they aren't, I just am not seeing the kind of activity I would like to see right now. It's only day 3 of my vacation and I have all of next week, I'm sure they will start soon.

HICKMAN

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Jan 10, 2009
    Lawrence Co.
    I was going to take off this afternoon, but think I will pass on that with all the wind.

Still taking off tomorrow afternoon and Friday.

IndianasFinest

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 20, 2008
    Salem
    Been out all morning, and haven't seen a thing. Now that the rain stopped, and the suns out, the winds whipping. I was planning on being out all day, but I'm having doubts about that now.

selinoid44

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 11, 2010
    northern Indiana
    Any body hunting a fence row for the firearm/muzzle loader season? Last year I took the buck thats in my profile from a fence row. 2nd weekend of muzzle loader. He came out to get a bite to eat so I fed him some lead. I guarentee I will be sitting in that same spot opening day of firearms.

Hotdoger

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 9, 2008
    Boone County, In.
    Any body hunting a fence row for the firearm/muzzle loader season? Last year I took the buck thats in my profile from a fence row. 2nd weekend of muzzle loader. He came out to get a bite to eat so I fed him some lead. I guarentee I will be sitting in that same spot opening day of firearms.

I was laying in a fence row in Warren county last year and had a small doe walk within 6 ft of me and never knew I was there.

selinoid44

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 11, 2010
    northern Indiana
    This deer was taken by David Koch in Fulton county this morning at 8 A.M. he hit it with the 3 blade Rage at 20 yards. Paul Fites a local taxiderrmist green scored it at 184". What a hog!
    Thanks to the photo guru Hickman for posting the pic.

Last edited:

M4Madness

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    May 28, 2008
    Springville
    November_10_2011_Doe_Resize.jpg

Tagged out this evening, two days before firearms season opens. It wasn't my proudest moment by any means. A small buck was harassing this doe, and right as I was triggering my release, the buck lunged at the doe. She turned to look back at the buck as soon as the arrow was in flight, and instead of hitting her in the vitals, I hit her dead square in the neck. [:(]

deer hunter

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Dec 5, 2008
    That is a great buck David! :rockwoot:Congrats!!!! Anyone would be proud to take a buck like that.

M4Madness, I wouldn't feel bad about shooting the doe in the neck. I bet it dropped pretty quick and bled out almost as quick. Now if you would have shot the buck that David did in the neck, you would have reason to be mad.

Congrats on all bow kills. Only today left before all the blasting starts up. Let's get some more bow kills today.

1911Shooter

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 20, 2011
    Pendleton, IN
    Nice buck selinoid44. That the biggest one Ive seen taken this year so far. His rack looks almost perfect, just out of couriousity whats the total on deductions. Cant be much.

Top Bottom