• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • boogieman

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    48   0   0
    Nov 14, 2009
    under your bed!!!
    was out for about 5 hours today, and saw nothing. Not a deer, turkey, not even a squirrel. Maybe i was stinking or something. About 8:30 it started raining, so I am blaming it on that.

windingwinds

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 26, 2011
    Miami County, Indiana
    Today was good for us, first I saw a single doe, she was snorting and skitzo and made several circuits of the property(maybe coming in heat, I hope?). Then a group of 4 does that wandered around but never got close enough to get a shot.
    This afternoon busted 2 large does walking to spot. Left my oldest son close to that spot and moved on, a hour later heard snorting and they busted him, but they got close enough to make him shake lol. Walking back out, another deer but never could see what it was.

HICKMAN

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Jan 10, 2009
    Lawrence Co.
    Got a lot of good scouting done today. Found some rubs, two scrapes, moved the tree stand to another trail, redeployed the two trail cams and caught some bass at sundown.

Of course, I saw a couple of does come out of the field where we had parked to pull out the treestand just hours before....:xmad:

But, I'm learning and happy about it.

windingwinds

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 26, 2011
    Miami County, Indiana
    It always starts with one lol.

Looks to be a front coming in this afternoon, if my weather yahoos are correct, this morning should be the best hunting til Friday! Man this last week of freedom is going too fast, going back to work this weekend is going to drive me craaazzzyyyy!

HICKMAN

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Jan 10, 2009
    Lawrence Co.
    Man, that's what you call ninja stand hanging!

Kind of a weird day, didn't see a single deer or turkey on the way to or from work, and that never happens.

windingwinds

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 26, 2011
    Miami County, Indiana
    The pineys have been going nutso the past two nights, crazy buggers.
    I finally had a doe come right at me this a.m. only to swerve quickly off the path I thought she'd take and disappear. Stupid wind changed direction so I wasn't ready for her. :-( I was going to take pics of the scrapes the Bucks have left me this week, but forgot the memory card, duh.

M4Madness

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    May 28, 2008
    Springville
    October_29_2011_Doe_Resize.jpg

Took this big ol' doe this morning. This is a smart doe, and I really wanted to take her out of the herd. She came in on me on the morning of October 8, along with a button buck and a decent-sized doe. She was in the rear, and got nervous as they neared the tree I was in. She got all spooky, so I shot the lead doe that morning at 9:21 AM.

Fast forward to this morning. Same big matriarch doe and button buck come ambling down the trail at almost the same time as before. Again, she is in the rear and hesitated when almost to my tree. She looked right up at me and stared. I was on the opposite side of the tree as she was, and every time I peeked around it, she was staring at me. I watched her breath fog the air, as she stared nervously. Finally, she turned around and stared quartering away back down the trail she came in on. I started to draw, but stopped short when she looked back over her shoulder. After a brief moment, she turned 90 degrees to her right and stood broadside.

By this time, she was a shade over 30 yards, and my adjustable sight was set on 20 yards. I held high on the vitals and watched the arrow arc right into the center of the lungs at 9:41 AM. She won't be teaching any more deer to look up at that tree. ;)

HICKMAN

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Jan 10, 2009
    Lawrence Co.
    Very nice work man. I am out again tonight where I had a bunch of does come out last week at last light, but went the other way. This time I am 30 yards from where they come out and have the same wind working in my favor.

I will probably pull my first morning hunt tomorrow in a new stand site where a couple of logging trails cross.

Jacobm

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 21, 2011
    Newton County
    Way to go M4Madness. Some of those old girls can be the smartest critters in the woodlot.

Sounds like really knowing your equipment helped make it happen.

Schools out for that Teacher! Congrats

Shadownick

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 28, 2009
    Morristown, IN
    This is my first buck and first bow kill. I got him at about 9 am. He came from behind me and walked right underneath my tree stand. I let him get about 20 yards away, drew back, and whistled at him. He turned perfectly broadside. I gave him a really good lung shot, and it didn't take long at all to track him. He's not a really big guy, but I think I'm gonna get him mounted since it's both my first buck and bow kill. I'm pretty excited about it.

picture.php

DThurston

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Nov 30, 2010
    Shelby County
    This is my first buck and first bow kill. I got him at about 9 am. He came from behind me and walked right underneath my tree stand. I let him get about 20 yards away, drew back, and whistled at him. He turned perfectly broadside. I gave him a really good lung shot, and it didn't take long at all to track him. He's not a really big guy, but I think I'm gonna get him mounted since it's both my first buck and bow kill. I'm pretty excited about it.

picture.php

Way to go - may not be the biggest, but I'd be stinking happy with it as a first not to mention first bow kill. I've been informed that there will be no "dead things on our walls", and I'm cheap, but I fully intend to at least preserve the antlers or more of my first, regardless of size, etc.

All these successful folks are making me itch for Nov 12. Badly.

Top Bottom