• ...and so much more!
  • jmiller676

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 16, 2009
    18 feet up
    Never had one mounted,but whats the going rate? :dunno:

Depends where you go I went to Ron's Taxidermy in Union MI for my big buck, the guy is a world class taxidermist. It ran around $500-$600 I believe.

Home Page

The guy is really good. He added moisture beads on the eye lashes of my deer, the inside of the ears are phenomenal. Also added some moisture on the inside of the nostrils too.

windingwinds

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 26, 2011
    Miami County, Indiana
    10-21-11 41 F, little to no wind
    8:30 a.m. 4 does.........I missed one because my finger let the trigger go prematurely
    sad.gif
    But it was a clean miss and my first live deer while hunting archery so I was shaking just a bit. Then about 9:10 a doe with two large fawns came through, but too far away. Luckily, about 1/2 hr later they came back right under my stand, unluckily she either heard me stand up or scented me and took off, no shot. Overall I am happy, and cannot wait to get back out there!

HICKMAN

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Jan 10, 2009
    Lawrence Co.
    saw dear walking around during lunch today at work, figured today would be perfect.

Nope... didn't see anything but a possum and a skunk. Didn't even see any after dark while leaving the fields or along the roads driving home.

HICKMAN

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Jan 10, 2009
    Lawrence Co.
    tried a stalk on two does today. Almost got busted at 40 yards, crept within 15 and just as I was starting to draw and step out I got winded. Soooo close.

KEHO

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    71   0   0
    May 17, 2010
    Noblesville
    No pics, and I know this thread is worthless without pics, but I'm posting anyway. :) I was out this morning and let an arrow fly about 15 minutes after legal light. My butt hadn't even fallen asleep from sitting in the stand. I gave it about 30 minutes (I had to wait on my help to finish breakfast) before going to tag him (button buck). He's now in the freezer!!

Good luck to everyone as the action starts to heat up in the next couple weeks!!

HICKMAN

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Jan 10, 2009
    Lawrence Co.
    co-worker said he say an 8 point moving around early, but didn't get a shot off.

I was driving around Crane this evening and probably saw 40-50 does out at dusk.

DThurston

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Nov 30, 2010
    Shelby County
    I went out to "the farm" and to the platform I built earlier. I took my 7yo and we had a good sit, watching the sun go down. After a while, we heard some turkeys, which was s first for both of us. :):

I brought along a bleat can call and we took turns using it every so often and finally heard a little rustling in the trees nearby. After a little longer and another bleat - a modest buck hopped out of the treeline and after a few seconds was staring our direction. Maybe 50 yards in the dwindling light, around 7:15 or so. Could make out that it had antlers and they weren't forks, but I'd say a nice 6 point or so. He spooked after a few seconds and took off, but that's the first one in the wild for either of us and proof that the call works and we were in the right place, etc. :rockwoot:

Can't wait for firearms season! :ar15:

edit - oh yeah, western Franklin county, if anyone cares.

windingwinds

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 26, 2011
    Miami County, Indiana
    I was really jazzed Sat morning, but we had to leave to go to Bass Pro for my youngest son's 12th Birthday. I ended up leaving woods @ 9:30 not seeing a darn thing. Just to have my hubby tell me they saw a large group of does not a mile from the house when they went to town :-(.
    Then we get to Bass Pro and went to pick out crossbow for son's present, he HATED them. (I do agree they are much heavier than a compound bow) So he is doing it the hard way like his brother and I, with a Razor's Edge. He can only pull 30# so we have a couple weeks of him practicing before he can hit the woods with us. He wore his Bear Warrior II out, just not a legal bow, so I imagine he'll be out with us by late bow season.
    Going out in a.m, hopefully my luck will turn!

miles2253

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    33   0   0
    Jan 12, 2009
    North Webster
    For those of you who live west of Syracuse, my wife and I were heading south on 13 through Syracuse down by McDonalds last night and a HUGE buck ran across the road right in front of us. He headed West into the woods. We didn't get a good enough look to count them but we estimated he had 10-12 points with 10"-12" tines and a wide spread. Good luck!

selinoid44

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 11, 2010
    northern Indiana
    Yesterday, (Saturday) I had a great day. I saw 27 deer in the morning, 9 of which were bucks. There was one buck that probably was 130's, no shooters though. Then yesterday evening on another farm I saw 3 bucks, one 140" class, and 2 does. Thats 32 deer in one day, awesome! Not so awesome, I saw 7 coyotes in the morning. Shot at one but didn't connect. My pastor was in the woods on the other side and an 1/8 mile away. He saw 17 deer, three bucks and 3 coyote. Now thats a good day. Didn't harvest anything but thats okay. Where I'm hunting its so thick the deer have to be in perfect position for me to get an arrow in them and it just didnt materialize.

Top Bottom