• nedwards

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 2, 2009
    Danville
    Here is a doe I shot on the second day of bow season

10-2-11Doe.jpg

Here is my buck I shot on the 11-21-11, 14 points and scored 170 he dressed out at 185.

11-21-1114pointer-1-1-1.jpg

Skip

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 29, 2010
    12 miles from Michigan
    Wife took her early Christmas present to the field this morning, T/C Pro Hunter Endeavor. Open sights she was able to shoot a 1" group @ 50 yards. I went with the standard Encore 26" Muzzy. Open sights on it too.

She showed great restraint this morning, 6 does came by about 0815 and were about 130 yards out. She said that the backdrop was bad and didn't shoot. I told her it was better to be safe and sorry. Going back out tonight.

Skip

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 29, 2010
    12 miles from Michigan
    Thanks, I can only take some of the credit. All I did was teach her! ;)

BRASS-Breath, Relax, Aim, Slack, Squeeze!

Seems that was what came out when I was teaching her. It was beat into my head enough both growing up as the son of a lifer in the Corps and then when I went in myself! Seems to work though. :D

woodwalker

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 26, 2010
    Brownstown
    My dad hunted in the morning and saw him and another 8 pointer chasing a doe and could not get a shot. Buck and doe bedded in a 5 acre pasture with tall grass. Dad called us we were hunting on another property and we met up with him at 1:00. My boy and dad set up in a tower stand and I set up in a climber about 150 yards south of him. The buck came back chasing a doe at 4:00 it ran by them 3 times before it got out on the field for a 70yard shot. He shot twice first shot double lunged him second one into the leg ran 30 yards and fell in a pile. He has split G1 on both sides. My brother scored him at 154 inches gross. His head is huge makes his rack look a little smaller. Took him to get mounted. A very great day dad and grandpa are very proud

Top Bottom